Page 78 of 145 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2161
    Ultimate Member

Well, in Civil War they could've made him seek revenge for the Avengers ousting Hydra, had he been closer to his comic counterpart.

I assume the SWORD stuff will lead to Armor Wars and Ironheart

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    They probably don't want any comparisons to Tulsi Gabbard and purple is so in lol.
    spoilers:
    This is a real tinfoil hat type of reach, but I'm thinking maybe it's a callout to Veronica Hand of the Thunderbolts and Mighty Avengers and who did have purple hair.

Like this character may have Val Fontaine's name but she may be more like Hand persona/backstory wise. This version of Val doesn't read much like a secret agent. She talks like upper management, lol
    end of spoilers

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At worst she's helping the Flag-Smashers which, depending on how you feel about their intentions, isn't the worst thing.

Or she's trying to bring them down from the inside which, again, isn't the worst thing.
    Or she's using the Smashers (and to a certain extent, Batroc) as patsies, of sorts, to draw out the Power Broker with a big attack that'll certainly get their attention.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Well, we know it came from Wakanda

But Howard made it into the shield and Cap made it famous. Taking it back regardless of how it came into Howard's possession would likely cause more diplomatic trouble than it was worth.
    Not really....it depends on how Howard acquired it.

African nations in the real world have petitioned for and had things returned to them which were taken during the colonial times.

I suspect....it was given to Howard AS A GIFT (we really NEED to see this story) which would make it Howard's property unless he was a govt employee or agent at the time or he willingly also made the shield in partnership with Erskine to create Captn America.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well, in Civil War they could've made him seek revenge for the Avengers ousting Hydra, had he been closer to his comic counterpart.

I assume the SWORD stuff will lead to Armor Wars and Ironheart
    The "SWORD stuff" is heading into space with Monica going to meet Fury AND given her authority and connections in SWORD (due to her mom).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    spoilers:
    This is a real tinfoil hat type of reach, but I'm thinking maybe it's a callout to Veronica Hand of the Thunderbolts and Mighty Avengers and who did have purple hair.

Like this character may have Val Fontaine's name but she may be more like Hand persona/backstory wise. This version of Val doesn't read much like a secret agent. She talks like upper management, lol
    end of spoilers
    Yeah that's def more in line with how the character is portrayed here. Nothing about Elaine says field or secret agent lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Or she's using the Smashers (and to a certain extent, Batroc) as patsies, of sorts, to draw out the Power Broker with a big attack that'll certainly get their attention.
    I am really really crossing my fingers for something like this. I will not buy Sharon as evil, or so over it she doesnt care if Sam gets killed or dies. Id rather her not have shown up and give all her scenes to developing Tores who I like. But, I have faith in Marvel. They did so well on all the other character development here, except maybe the Flagsmashers overall.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    And now you just made me think of that movie where Ego was attracted to Lois Lane, much to Starhawk's chagrin...

Speaking of Kurt Russell, I had said that I want Wyatt to star in a remake of "Big Trouble in Little China" but now I think he could totally pull off Snake Plissken and remake "Escape From New York."
    5:58

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I don't think it was property of the Wakandan government. If it was, the Dora Milaje would have taken it when they disarmed Walker.

If anything, I'd be willing to bet that T'Challa had a new shield made and gave it to Steve at some point, though I'm not sure if he had a shield when he went back in time or not.

Zemo is an interesting character. He has his mission- wiping out super soldiers- but at the same time, he is perfectly willing- even eager, in some respects- to die. I hope we get to see more of him in the future.
    Well it definitely takes a special type of guy to pull off that trench coat he's wearing lol. I'll give him that

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I get what you are saying. But remember as the winter soldier he was basically programmed to not stop, not think, not do anything except kill. His mindset psychologically is way different now and that will affect his combat.
    People forget that Sam and Bucky were NOT in kill-mode....they just wanted the shield.

It was John who wanted to kill them to keep the shield and attempted to do so during the fight.

Anyways...

I very heavily suspect that La Fontaine aka Madam Hydra will appear in front on Zemo and say something like " I am putting together a team" with General Ross standing next to her at the end of next week's finale (possibly a mid-credit scene).

I hope Wakanda upgraded his suit too. I'd love if his wings are like more flexible. They make Vibranium weave for BP suits so why not his wings. Don't get me wrong the MCU did some cool stuff with his more Strak tech based wings. I hope Wakadna didn't just remake it and put they're flavor on it. Just think it could be cool if his wings were less bulky and closer to some of his more flexible versions.

Anyway also when we first saw the Contessa I was hoping it was Lucia von Bardas. Get that Doom reference in the MCU . Oh well curious to see where this goes with her.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post

African nations in the real world have petitioned for and had things returned to them which were taken during the colonial times.

I suspect....it was given to Howard AS A GIFT (we really NEED to see this story) which would make it Howard's property unless he was a govt employee or agent at the time or he willingly also made the shield in partnership with Erskine to create Captn America.
    In addition to my quoted post..... Why hasn't Wakanda claimed Vision's body?!?

Didn't Vision "die" in Wakanda during infinity war?!?

So why would Wakanda just give away "billion worth of vibranium" to the U.S?!?

At the very least they would have removed all the vibranium parts from Vision's body then return whatever was left to the U.S.

In addition to my quoted post..... Why hasn't Wakanda claimed Vision's body?!?

Didn't Vision "die" in Wakanda during infinity war?!?

So why would Wakanda just give away "billion worth of vibranium" to the U.S?!?

At the very least they would have removed all the vibranium parts from Vision's body then return whatever was left to the U.S.
    Maybe they don't care about Vision?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Maybe they don't care about Vision?
    Its NOT about Vision.....it's about vibranium.

Ultimate Member

Yes, really.

Howard made it into the shield, and again, Cap made it famous. He beat the crap out of Nazis with it, and saved the world several times with it.

To Wakanda, it would be just processed raw material, of which they have plenty. To the US, and perhaps the world at large, it is much, much more.