Page 79 of 145 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2161
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    In addition to my quoted post..... Why hasn't Wakanda claimed Vision's body?!?

Didn't Vision "die" in Wakanda during infinity war?!?

So why would Wakanda just give away "billion worth of vibranium" to the U.S?!?

At the very least they would have removed all the vibranium parts from Vision's body then return whatever was left to the U.S.
    I suspect that in the aftermath, the Avengers would have hustled out of there with Vision's body, hoping to 1) find Thanos quickly and 2) repair Vision for the fight

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

US gives africa billions of aid per year so maybe they give the vibranium to US government then SHIELD gives it to howard

Extraordinary Member

In addition to my quoted post..... Why hasn't Wakanda claimed Vision's body?!?

Didn't Vision "die" in Wakanda during infinity war?!?

At the very least they would have removed all the vibranium parts from Vision's body then return whatever was left to the U.S.
    Vision had no control over what he was made from. As a Sentient being the Wakandans were bound to respect his last wishes whatever they were.

For all we know, his body was held by the Avengers during the snap( they might even have buried him on the HQ grounds) and was taken by SWORD after Endgame (since there are no Avengers after Endgame).

Remember Ayo is either working with or effectively is an Avenger during the snap. So it's not like the Wakandans didn't know what the Avengers were doing.

Which only leaves the 6+ months after Endgame for there even to be an issue. Since Falcon and Winter Soldier is supposed to happen before WandaVision, you could assume that SWORD grabbed Vision's body at some point during this series.

Extraordinary Member

Whoops wrong thread....
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 04-17-2021 at 06:08 AM.

Ultimate Member

Plus, Vision is a person, so I don't think the Wakandans would disrespect him like SWORD did

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    [Sharon] MAY be pulling a Fury, and employing Batroc to reliably cause some chaos so that she can bring about some other outcome. It's just the first time they've honestly made me wonder, given everything we've seen. I still think Sharon being undercover makes the most sense. But I'm no longer 100% certain.
    I am also hoping for this outcome. Batroc was initially angry at Sharon's proposal until she mentioned that he owes her a favor and doubled his salary. And I can imagine the idea of helping Sam would be something he'd initially object to. (Btw, does anyone have a translation for his side of the convo?) Also, they showed that painting again of the woman with a parisol - she is literally "under cover."

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    The way this series uses Sam is at odds with itself. So Sam, the therapist/counselor for damaged soldiers, doesn't show any sympathy towards Walker regarding Lemar'a death? Instead he just goes to the shield. What?

Didn't he just try to emphasize with Karli, aka murderer of innocent civilians? The person who nearly successfully orchestrated the assassination of Walker to create an international incident? But he can't see the guy is distraught over the lost of his best friend, something he can relate to? Like it's right there, and writers just drop the ball.
    I think Sam made a mistake, but he was being sympathetic. (Bucky, less so) Asking him for the shield, the thing he just used to kill someone, was the equivalent of asking someone to "put down the gun" after they've just shot someone. He was asking John to stand down. Sam just didn't realize how Walker would take that comment and be triggered by the idea of it being taken from him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think Sam made a mistake, but he was being sympathetic. (Bucky, less so) Asking him for the shield, the thing he just used to kill someone, was the equivalent of asking someone to "put down the gun" after they've just shot someone. He was asking John to stand down. Sam just didn't realize how Walker would take that comment and be triggered by the idea of it being taken from him.
    Agreed. Sam was trying to talk Walker down, trying to connect and deescalate the situation. He had no way of knowing his poor word choice

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Plus, Vision is a person, so I don't think the Wakandans would disrespect him like SWORD did
    Yeah, if the Wakandans are willing to do a pro-Bono favor for Bucky that benefits Sam using what’s most likely Vibranium, then a sentient defender of Earth who Sheri was working to save while removing the Mind Stone both isn’t a collection of resources they want, because he’s a person... but also probably not an insane amount of Vibranium to them.

They’re more likely to have quite willingly cooperated if Heyward was right about Vision’s will.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Agreed. Sam was trying to talk Walker down, trying to connect and deescalate the situation. He had no way of knowing his poor word choice
    I think maybe the show shouldn't have made Sam and Bucky too hostile to John and Lemar. It would've been a bigger OMG! reaction for them to see John crack

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Yeah, if the Wakandans are willing to do a pro-Bono favor for Bucky that benefits Sam using what’s most likely Vibranium, then a sentient defender of Earth who Sheri was working to save while removing the Mind Stone both isn’t a collection of resources they want, because he’s a person... but also probably not an insane amount of Vibranium to them.

They’re more likely to have quite willingly cooperated if Heyward was right about Vision’s will.
    I don't even know if Hayward was being honest

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I suspect that in the aftermath, the Avengers would have hustled out of there with Vision's body, hoping to 1) find Thanos quickly and 2) repair Vision for the fight
    Half all Earth's population, Wakandans included, had just vanished. They probably weren't all that careful with their bookkeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    US gives africa billions of aid per year so maybe they give the vibranium to US government then SHIELD gives it to howard
    Cap's shield was made in Early-to-Mid-WWII or earlier; the US wasn't giving aid to anybody at that point. Furthermore, the Wakandans were concealing their true sophistication behind a guise of primative poverty until relativity recently, that seems incompatible with handing out wonder minerals to foreign governments.

Now it's clear from BP that the Wakanda have long actively pursued covert intelligence operations anywhere on Earth they might find worth watching. One of those foreign stations would seem likely as a source for Stark to acquire the sample. It still leaves open the question of how he got it, nor does it jibe with Stark's belief he "got the last of it" as Cap said in AoU.

Wakandans make miraculous devices out of Vibranium, the best Stark did was a nigh-indestructable frisbee. Like the artifact in the British Museum, I wonder if the Dora didn't much care about the shield because they view it as basically wasted ore, unsalvageable once it was formed.

There seems to be a fan assumption that Wakandans in the MCU view all vibranium as their property. Have we seen anything canonical about that?

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

plus SHIELD may not have been around now that i think about it but i havent watched cap 1 or BP in a few years

has it ever been stated that Cap's shield is made of vibranium specifically from Wakanda? The fact that they have the vast majority of Earth's vibranium doesn't necessarily mean they have all of it, as the source of it is ultimately outer space, not Wakanda
    Last edited by Hiromi; 04-17-2021 at 08:00 AM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    has it ever been stated that Cap's shield is made of vibranium specifically from Wakanda? The fact that they have the vast majority of Earth's vibranium doesn't necessarily mean they have all of it, as the source of it is ultimately outer space, not Wakanda
    Explicitly, no. However, there's been no mention of it coming from anywhere else either. So we can neither prove nor disprove such an assumption.

Maybe not explicitly, but it's the only reason Steve and Tony knew about the country at all. They only knew of it as the place where the metal that made his shield came from. However, this begs the question: Where are the pieces of Cap's broken shield from "Endgame?" Now that's what belongs in a museum. (but with a tons of security - it's still millions of dollars worth of vibranium, nevermind its historical significance) I also wonder what happened to the broken pieces of Mjolnir, but that's another story - who knows if humans can do anything with uru.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think maybe the show shouldn't have made Sam and Bucky too hostile to John and Lemar. It would've been a bigger OMG! reaction for them to see John crack

I don't even know if Hayward was being honest
    If Hayward wasn't then Vision should have been present in Endgame. Tony and Banner could have rebuild him. Why didn't they?