Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Falcon and The Winter Soldier

Now that was an awesome commercial on the super bowl. Wish WandaVision had been more like what this promises to be.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Very excited for this. Loving Wandavision and the quirky nature of that series but this looks like Winter Soldier and Civil War as a six hour movie and that is something I am definitely on board for, especially with Sebastian and Anthony evidently loving having the spotlight finally.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Loving WandaVision so far, but this right here is the show I've been waiting for ever since it was announced. Very excited.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They honestly need couples counseling .

It's nice to see Sharon finally kicking butt .

This was pretty great, it looks just like a big summer MCU film coming to theaters! I wonder if they will consider at some point editing the episodes together and releasing it on the big screen once this pandemic ends. Mackie and Stan had great chemistry in the previous films and Zemo is looking and sounding more like the comic villain I wanted to see in Civil War.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    This was pretty great, it looks just like a big summer MCU film coming to theaters! I wonder if they will consider at some point editing the episodes together and releasing it on the big screen once this pandemic ends. Mackie and Stan had great chemistry in the previous films and Zemo is looking and sounding more like the comic villain I wanted to see in Civil War.
    I'm just bummed that we never got to see Steve really fight Zemo...just intently stare at him.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Now that was an awesome commercial on the super bowl. Wish WandaVision had been more like what this promises to be.
    What sort of action-packed adventure show would you have developed with Wanda and Vision as the starring characters?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    What sort of action-packed adventure show would you have developed with Wanda and Vision as the starring characters?
    One that I would likely explain in their own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    One that I would likely explain in their own thread.
    I’m just curious what sort of action-packed sequencing you might have expected or delivered on your own, from the characters and situation in question.

Mighty Member

Default falcon and winter soldier

https://tvline.com/2021/02/16/falcon...history-month/

So, Marin Spellman wants to make this series a commentary on race. Why? I mean, why can't we just enjoy a good MCU story? I like Sam Wilson, and it has nothing to do with him being a POC. I like him because his costume and his interactions with Steve both in the MCU and comics. I also like T'Challa as well. Great character. As well as the Wakandan world. I mean, BP already did something like that and it advanced the MCU story also. I want to see Sam struggling with losing his friend in Endgame. Same with Bucky. Seeing their bickering interactions with each other and taking out the bad guy. Hints of the next big bad in the MCU. I don't want to see Sam standing on a pulpit preaching.

I'm sick of all these action stories that reflect the world we live in. Why can't we just go back to apolitical stories like John Matrix blowing up the mansion of a CIA-backed Latin American Dictator with a million guns, rocket launchers and garden rakes?
    Last edited by Frobisher; 02-17-2021 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I'm sick of all these action stories that reflect the world we live in. Why can't we just go back to apolitical stories like John Matrix blowing up the mansion of a CIA-backed Latin American Dictator with a million guns, rocket launchers and garden rakes?
    Marvel Comics has NEVER been just about adventure. If you thought it was, you haven’t been paying attention since about, um, 1961 or so.

Mighty Member

Yeah and with Spellman's comments in the article, Sam is going to explore POC's participation of in the Super Soldier program. Cue flashbacks of them having testing forced on them, that reflects Slavery= bad and white man= bad. I want to see a good enjoyable superhero yarn. You want to preach your cause? Go to the capitol and stand on the steps and state your cause together with your group peacefully. You want to make a movie on those themes? Belongs in a different movie.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Yeah and with Spellman's comments in the article, Sam is going to explore POC's participation of in the Super Soldier program. Cue flashbacks of them having testing forced on them, that reflects Slavery= bad and white man= bad. I want to see a good enjoyable superhero yarn. You want to preach your cause? Go to the capitol and stand on the steps and state your cause together with your group peacefully. You want to make a movie on those themes? Belongs in a different movie.
    Oh wait, are you not clowning? I thought I detected clowning.