Page 110 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2161
    Spectacular Member

hmm to expand a bit more on what I was talking about, is there even any way for anyone to find out about Sharon being the Power Broker? the thing I mean is that Sharon might never be actually dealt with and her character could continue on indefinitely as just someone in the background and never have to use her character directly at some point. like I feel like unless Sharon just gets into an unlucky situation while doing the role of Agent 13 such as being caught by another villain, it feels like there's no way for another hero to find out about her.

to bring up from this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Sharon seems to be an "out for herself" kind of villain rather than someone who is outright malicious or wants to kill a bunch of people. We've seen to some degree what she's willing to do to obtain/keep power, but those kind of villains, similar to bad guys who are mostly hired guns or thieves have historically been able to rehabilitate themselves.(for a time at least) I can see her being pushed to the brink and pulling back. I'm still not sure if all her actions on this show made sense, but between being a thinly drawn good guy to a thinly drawn bad guy, the stage is set for her to becoming a more interesting character as those blanks get filled in.
    Sharon's motivations and role as the Power Broker doesn't really put her in the kind of position to be able to get caught by the good guys. as Power Broker, all she'll be doing is sending information to her associates or clients, she presumably will not make any kind of direct or flashy actions that will endanger her positioning, like for example I don't see her going to try to assassinate a hero or some person in a high up position. so for me, I feel like Sharon will have to really **** up to be ever have to face justice, since if we're just looking at the kind of heroes and characters on the MCU, there's not really one that will get on her trail nor does it seem like there's a big interest on the authorities to catch Power Broker. of course this could change though, as im not that familiar with the Marvel universe, anyone of you guys can think of a character that will be really smart and cunning enough to find out on top of being someone who'll be interested in hunting for the Power Broker in Madripoor?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I feel like they could have done with a more heavyweight actor to portray a good character becoming corrupted - Paul Reubens, say. Emily Van-Camp just seems to look faintly confused no matter what is going on.
    Paul Reubens is not a casting suggestion I ever thought of for Agent 13!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea iono if GSP can handle that..Nah I'm sure with a good director and good dialogue he could be serviceable. Anyway I'm hoping he's still alive. He looked dead but they never addressed it and be did appear to get shot in the body not the head.

Anyway I also ddint think Sam's suit looked cheap. I've seen a couple people say that and I thought it looked good. Only issue was it was a little loose in places. And Mackies as buff as Evans so it's not because Mackies build. I didn't take that as looking Cheap though. Hopefully next time we see it though I hope it fits a little better and maybe a little less padding. Mackies is a fairly large man you don't have to pay him up too much.
    It looks to me like they went a bit too far trying to make it comic accurate. Having the cowl goggles attached to the suit body isn't a good look in real life. Then they wanted it to look like it was armored/padded (and not because the actor needed it Mackie's jacked) so it comes off oddly bulky looking on top of everything else.

It took awhile for the movies to get Chris Evans Cap Suit exactly right also ( with the one from the first Avengers film looking the worst).

They will likely have another Falcap suit for the movie.

-- I had said that Sam's Cap outfit seems to fit as well as Cap's WWII outfit, which isn't terrible but considering Sam's was made in Wakanda, it doesn't seem to measure up to their usual work. I imagine he'll get an upgrade if he shows up in a movie next.
    -- I doubt the writers really thought this through as the female characters here ended up being the least served, but if Sharon as the Power Broker was supposed to be some big secret, she was really stupid to trust a teenage girl, even if she did "remind her of her younger self."
    -- So what are we supposed to think was Karli's life story? An orphan raised by Mama Donya, yada yada learned hand-to-hand combat, yada yada, went to Madripoor for some reason, worked for the Power Broker, gained her trust enough to be told her secret ID, then decided to dedicate her life to the displaced people in the camps and screw over the Power Broker? I know people have been saying her characterization took a hit with the post-Covid re-writes, so I guess I'll chalk it up to that...

Huh I thought Sam's outfit was perfect. Different strokes I guess. I'm just not sure its a good idea for his ears to be exposed, but its not a deal breaker per se.

What Sam really needs is a helmet - I always worry about him hitting his head, flying around like that ...

What Sam really needs is a helmet - I always worry about him hitting his head, flying around like that ...
    Well, he never had one as Falcon...

Ultimate Member

The heights he's flying at, I don't imagine it would help much if something went wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he never had one as Falcon...
    That's what I meant - I thought he needed one when he was the Falcon too. But I get it - it's about the wings, and wings imply freedom, which a helmet does not. You throw a helmet on him, then he might as well be in full armor, etc etc...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I wish they would get an actual actor for Batroc and keep GSP as a stunt double.
    I disagree.... GSP is doing just fine.

None of his parts require him to have a PHD in theatre and drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I disagree.... GSP is doing just fine.

None of his parts require him to have a PHD in theatre and drama.
    It's just Batroc is missing his flair from the comics is all...

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    They will likely have another Falcap suit for the movie.
    Here's hoping...
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Ultimate Member

That's what I meant - I thought he needed one when he was the Falcon too. But I get it - it's about the wings, and wings imply freedom, which a helmet does not. You throw a helmet on him, then he might as well be in full armor, etc etc...
    MCU Falcon is already halfway to being an Iron Man-type character anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Huh I thought Sam's outfit was perfect. Different strokes I guess. I'm just not sure its a good idea for his ears to be exposed, but its not a deal breaker per se.
    That was my only real issue because it made his ears stick straight out. The suit was a little loose but it looked good imo. One of the most faithful comic to screen adaptions.adaption.

Also the way they used his Wings and Sheild together was great. I don't think the costume was hurt by this being a TV show. Nothing about this show looked cheap or less then movie quality to me.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 04-25-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    That was my only real issue because it made his ears stick straight out. The suit was a little loose but it looked good imo. One of the most faithful comic to screen adaptions.adaption.

Also the way they used his Wings and Sheild together was great. I don't think the costume was hurt by this being a TV show. Nothing about this show looked cheap or less then movie quality to me.
    Yeah, I got admit, I could never see how Falcon works with the shield. They made it convincing.