Page 17 of 145 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    He could still be an illegal immigrant who hasn't revealed himself
    While being an active member of the military? I doubt it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That's true. I feel like having an illegal immigrant as a hero in the MCU would give a new perspective to things, especially since Marvel Studios claims phase 4 and onward will be more diverse

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That's true. I feel like having an illegal immigrant as a hero in the MCU would give a new perspective to things, especially since Marvel Studios claims phase 4 and onward will be more diverse
    A Dreamer might be a possibility. But getting a commission as an undocumented immigrant would be neigh impossible.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    A Dreamer might be a possibility. But getting a commission as an undocumented immigrant would be neigh impossible.
    Oh, I agree on the military side of things, I just think if he had another job, him being an illegal immigrant would give popular awareness to a misunderstood demographic.

Finished the first episode, and I like the fact that the MCU shows are clearly going to be their own, distinct things, but still take the time to explore various themes like the characters' traumas. The scene with Bucky really nail how much he's still suffering. Additionally, the show is doing a great job setting up Sam's reservations with taking up the Captain America mantle. While I'll probably prefer WandaVision, I'm liking where this is going, and overall I'll refrain from comparing too much since they're such different shows.

The direction of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier has said he would like to reboot Deathlok, maybe for a future project:

https://www.cbr.com/falcon-winter-so...ield-deathlok/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    The direction of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier has said he would like to reboot Deathlok, maybe for a future project:

Which Deathlok?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think that's pretty doable. We have had multiple Night Nurses in the MCU after all. They just pick another characters who has been Deathlok. We'll probably see the same thing with Spider Woman between Jessica Drew in the MCU and Julia Carpenter in the Venomverse.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think that's pretty doable. We have had multiple Night Nurses in the MCU after all. They just pick another characters who has been Deathlok. We'll probably see the same thing with Spider Woman between Jessica Drew in the MCU and Julia Carpenter in the Venomverse.
    Two separate Spider-Women?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post

I would like if they used the AoS Deathlok.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Depends how old this kid is. I don't know when things changed but joining the military in order to get citizenship use to be a thing. I think you have to have a skill though. Like Someone from Iraq joining the military as a translator and then have x amount of time of service to hopefully get citizenship. Otherwise you need a greencard, so Torres could be a legal immigrant llooking for naturalization. I don't recall his job title in the episode though I don't think you can be an officer. I could be wrong though.

If you have a clean record and came to US as kid you can join the military as an illegal immigrant. Also you don't have to be from the US to join our military when I was in the Marines one of the guys in my shop was from Pelou with no US citizenship.

The character being in military doesn't stop him from being an illegal immigrant at one point and he literally has to just talk about his past and family to bring awareness. Frankly it is an interesting scenario as someone in the military what he does if he learns of maybe his family or friends bring people into the country especially if his career was on the line.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-22-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Okay but could an illegal immigrant be doing special missions with someone like Sam? I mean that opening scene seemed like some high level stuff with Batroc being involved.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Okay but could an illegal immigrant be doing special missions with someone like Sam? I mean that opening scene seemed like some high level stuff with Batroc being involved.
    It could if they actuall want to talk about race and government

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    They would be on path to citizenship if not already a citizen and a member of military. The answer would be maybe certain jobs have certain clearance. I can't tell what clearance was need for that mission but given that he is a 1st lieutenant I would say yeah he could be on that mission.