Page 133 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2161
  1. #1981
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,645

    Default

    I found issues with the dialogue and the villain and even I would not be this hyperbolic. The show ranges from solid to great (yes I said it ). I'm re-watching it right now and I'm enjoying every minute of it.
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-14-2021 at 11:08 AM.

  2. #1982
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    "...the worst piece of media the MCU has produced."

    Yowza, okay to be fair and generous...

    if that is the case it may be time for you to take a break and read comics instead.

    The MCU will always be there once you deign it to be worthy of your attention and high exacting standards.
    again if this wasn’t an mcu product people would not praise it

  3. #1983
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    again if this wasn’t an mcu product people would not praise it
    It wouldn't make sense if it weren't an MCU product, so yeah, what's your point?

  4. #1984
    Amazing Member Adam Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    again if this wasn’t an mcu product people would not praise it
    I don't know how that can be a meaningful criticism though, because the characters are inescapably Marvel creations.

    I mean yeah, if it was a couple of random (non-Marvel) characters fighting some random bad guys not in the world established by the MCU ... fewer people would probably have watched, so fewer would be praising it?

    But it would also be a completely different show, so again, not sure the point of the criticism.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

  5. #1985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    again if this wasn’t an mcu product people would not praise it
    Or they just enjoy things that you don't.

    Crazy theory, I know.
    Last Read: Vagabond vol. 2

    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman/Catwoman, Batman/Superman, Catwoman, Daredevil, The Flash, Infinite Frontier, Nightwing, Runaways, Strange Adventures, Superman

  6. #1986
    BANNED Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    again if this wasn’t an mcu product people would not praise it
    Uhmmm. Try again

    faws episode 6.jpg

    People were critical of the show when they need to be critical of the show. The last episode was universally criticized I haven't seen one person go no the critics are wrong it was amazing. They are several articles and youtube pieces on how different stuff didn't work on like the flagsmasher didn't work or the issues they had with John Walker. The flaws for this show have been clearly called out even more than Wandavision in fact.

    Anyways moving on because you said

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    I can safely say this is the worst piece of media the MCU has produced. Yes even worse than Inhumans
    If you had any credibility before, it was all gone after saying that
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-14-2021 at 09:40 AM.

  7. #1987
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    7,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    again if this wasn’t an mcu product people would not praise it
    If it wasn't an MCU product...it wouldn't exist.
    Black Lives Matter.

  8. #1988
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It wouldn't make sense if it weren't an MCU product, so yeah, what's your point?
    Got it. You didn't like it. Go in peace.

  9. #1989
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Got it. You didn't like it. Go in peace.
    Err, did you mean to reply to me?

  10. #1990
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    7,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I found issues with the dialogue and the villain and even I would not be this hyperbolic. The show ranges from solid to great (yes I said it ). I'm re-watching it right now and I'm enjoying every minute of it.
    Going to watch the last episode again tonight, I think. Quite a bit was packed in there, from Sam's speech to the Zemo stuff to the recognition of the first Black Captain America. The flagsmashers were dumb, but I forgive them for that because so was Hydra. The MCU is more about where you are going than how you get there anyhow.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

  11. #1991
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Going to watch the last episode again tonight, I think. Quite a bit was packed in there, from Sam's speech to the Zemo stuff to the recognition of the first Black Captain America. The flagsmashers were dumb, but I forgive them for that because so was Hydra. The MCU is more about where you are going than how you get there anyhow.
    The flagsmashers were young and dumb I wish it was headed by an older and charismatic person who could articulate their anti-national movement better.

  12. #1992

  13. #1993
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    The flagsmashers were young and dumb I wish it was headed by an older and charismatic person who could articulate their anti-national movement better.
    Same. Good concept in need of a better leader

  14. #1994
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    I don't know how that can be a meaningful criticism though, because the characters are inescapably Marvel creations.

    I mean yeah, if it was a couple of random (non-Marvel) characters fighting some random bad guys not in the world established by the MCU ... fewer people would probably have watched, so fewer would be praising it?

    But it would also be a completely different show, so again, not sure the point of the criticism.
    What I’m saying is if this were a superhero show that dealt with the legacy of a hero like captain America it wouldn’t be praise

    Actually that would make the show better since it wouldn’t contradict ten years worth of movies

  15. #1995
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Uhmmm. Try again

    faws episode 6.jpg

    People were critical of the show when they need to be critical of the show. The last episode was universally criticized I haven't seen one person go no the critics are wrong it was amazing. They are several articles and youtube pieces on how different stuff didn't work on like the flagsmasher didn't work or the issues they had with John Walker. The flaws for this show have been clearly called out even more than Wandavision in fact.

    Anyways moving on because you said


    If you had any credibility before, it was all gone after saying that
    Just because people criticized some elements doesn’t mean they aren’t praising the show. The Flagsmasher are instrumental to the shows message and theme but people brush it off as “oh well another mediocre mcu villain”. The problem is movies like ant man or GotG can get away with mediocre villains because they have very little screen time and don’t play a huge thematic part of the movie. In TFATWS the show falls apart. On top of that everyone acts out of character. At most I see the show general praise the attempt at social commentary rather than the actual message which is very flawed and goes against everything established about Sam Wilson. Never once in the mcu has Sam made a deal about being black but now it is important to him. Sam also never addresses a serious question and just says ‘do better’. Why didn’t sam do better too in winter soldier too? That’s unreasonable and not a real answer. Honestly Sam is just a jerk in this show to Steve Rodgers and his legacy

    Also whenever I do criticize the show numerous people have said to me “what did I expect out of a marvel show?” I expected what the show was trying to sell me on

    But sure just because I have a different opinion means I have no credibility. I have as much credibility as you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •