Page 66 of 145 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I found myself sympathetic with John Walker due to his PTSD issues and because Battlestar had just been killed in cold blood by a careless supersoldier. Most cops who kill someone in the line of duty don't have nearly the justification. What was that one guy's excuse recently - he thought he was drawing his tazer instead of his gun? WTF!
    She mistook her gun for a tazer. I don't believe her because she been on the force for over 20 years. How does a vet of the force make that kind of mistake?

Ultimate Member

But why did it escalate over what is reported to be a misdemeanor?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    She mistook her gun for a tazer. I don't believe her because she been on the force for over 20 years. How does a vet of the force make that kind of mistake?
    Humans aren't perfect, and muscle memory can lie every once and a while. I doubt she wanted to commit manslaughter/murder towards the end of her career.

IMO, the problem was that she escalated needlessly. Cops seem to have a Cartman mentality when it comes to perceived disrespect or disobedience

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Humans aren't perfect, and muscle memory can lie every once and a while. I doubt she wanted to commit manslaughter/murder towards the end of her career.

IMO, the problem was that she escalated needlessly. Cops seem to have a Cartman mentality when it comes to perceived disrespect or disobedience
    Not to derail the tread further...but nah, as someone who regularly handles a hand gun and has used a taser several times in various classes I can tell you that anyone who thinks the two feel even remotely the same in your hand then I have a bridge in Brooklyn, some beautiful ocean front property in Nebraska and a whole mountain top resort in Kansas to sell them at a really affordable price.

That's truly how gullible/uneducated you have to be in order to think that explanation holds any water at all.

All service tasers used by Police Forces across the country specifically use tasers that are bright neon colors to distinguish them from pistols quickly and easily. On top of that glocks weigh substantially more than tasers and also have a trigger safety that can be felt when touching the trigger which tasers do not have. The obvious differences go on and on to the point that any one who's had any experience with them at all would instantly know the difference between the two even in the heat of the moment...which means if they didn't it means one of two things: they weren't actually trained professionals or they discharged the weapon purposefully.
    Given that the officer was supposedly a decorated veteran that rules out the first option.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 04-13-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Not to derail the tread further...but nah, as someone who regularly handles a hand gun and has used a taser several times in various classes I can tell you that anyone who thinks the two feel even remotely the same in your hand then I have a bridge in Brooklyn, some beautiful ocean front property in Nebraska and a whole mountain top resort in Kansas to sell them at a really affordable price.

That's truly how gullible/uneducated you have to be in order to think that explanation holds any water at all.

All service tasers used by Police Forces across the country specifically use tasers that are bright neon colors to distinguish them from pistols quickly and easily. On top of that glocks weigh substantially more than tasers and also have a trigger safety that can be felt when touching the trigger which tasers do not have. The obvious differences go on and on to the point that any one who's had any experience with them at all would instantly know the difference between the two even in the heat of the moment...which means if they didn't it means one of two things: they weren't actually trained professionals or they discharged the weapon purposefully.
    Given that the officer was supposedly a decorated veteran that rules out the first option.
    In the heat of the moment, I doubt the differences registered. It's not as if police training is too terribly thorough to begin with

In the heat of the moment, I doubt the differences registered. It's not as if police training is too terribly thorough to begin with
    The differences are so obvious that they would register, especially for someone who handles them regularly. They're specifically designed to avoid just such a situation.

It really is one of two options, either she wasn't well trained and thus shouldn't have been in the position she was in to begin with...or it was purposeful. She's supposedly a well trained, decorated officer with lots of experience...so which of the two options seems the most likely?

And if you think otherwise I gotta ask, do you want the property I mentioned above? Heck, even better than selling it, I'll pay you! Just PM me your routing information, account number and social security number or post it here in public and I'll wire you the funds post haste!
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 04-13-2021 at 05:02 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

When it comes to muscle memory I can tell when something is off when during the heat of the moment.

Ultimate Member

The differences are so obvious that they would register, especially for someone who handles them regularly. They're specifically designed to avoid just such a situation.

It really is one of two options, either she wasn't well trained and thus shouldn't have been in the position she was in to begin with...or it was purposeful.

And if you think otherwise I gotta ask, do you want the property I mentioned above? Heck, even better than selling it, I'll pay you! Just PM me your routing information, account number and social security number or post it here in public and I'll wire you the funds post haste!
    I don't think anyone would ever accuse American police of being overtrained, and I can't imagine someone willfully shooting someone just because in that scenario

I don't think anyone would ever accuse American police of being overtrained, and I can't imagine someone willfully shooting someone just because in that scenario
    I really just can't man.

Where have you been?

...police regularly use extreme force...just because they can all the time.

Ultimate Member

I really just can't man.

Where have you been?

...police regularly use extreme force...just because they can all the time.
    I'm well aware of that. Police overreact because they are poorly trained and rare;y held responsible

I'm well aware of that. Police overreact because they are poorly trained and rare;y held responsible
    They also over react because it's a profession that appeals to racists specifically because it enables them to act out their power fantasies with out being held responsible. Which makes it very easy to imagine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I am a retired cop. She didn't mistake her gun for a taser. She is lying. What she probably did is draw her gun under stress then accidentally shoot the guy when she tensed up on the trigger which her finger shouldn't have been on. The probability of her mistaking her gun for a taser is probably equal to you mistaking your bottle of beer to a glass of wine.

... Am I in the right thread ... ?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Now that I think about it, the general public don't know about the Flag-Smashers being Super Soldiers, do they? So I guess they had no way of knowing the guy Walker was killing was superpowered.

I mean, not that it makes much difference because he was basically surrendering when Walker thrust the shield into him, but still.

Please don't. There is absolutely no way she made a mistake. Tasers are literal in day glo colors. Besides the weight, feel and being holstered on the other side specifically for this purpose. She's lying, period. Why would you even give her the benefit of the doubt???