Page 52 of 145 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

I honestly can't imagine given his obsession with the super soldier topic and his considerable resources and intelligence training/occupation that Zemo doesn't at least know about Isaiah, his current situation simply probably made him pretty low on his priority list if he was even on it at all

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I honestly can't imagine given his obsession with the super soldier topic and his considerable resources and intelligence training/occupation that Zemo doesn't at least know about Isaiah, his current situation simply probably made him pretty low on his priority list if he was even on it at all
    I could see him only being focused on the current day, those who affected his immediate family.

Ultimate Member

If Zemo is anti-super soldier, how could he lead MCU Thunderbolts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    We don't know yet if he will. Thunderbolt Ross could decide to do it himself.

Ultimate Member

Who better to lead a team of dangerous criminal superhumans than someone who doesn't trust them at all? He won't hesitate to press the kill button.

My main question is, how is Wakanda gonna allow him to be walking about?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Who better to lead a team of dangerous criminal superhumans than someone who doesn't trust them at all? He won't hesitate to press the kill button.
    He would also press the kill button at the earliest opportunity regardless of the circumstances

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Hunting down Isaiah would make a perfect way for Zemo to betray Sam at the end of this. And a great way to debut Sam as Cap, should the show decide to go that route. I just want to see the reaction from Isaiah to a black man in that suit. And Zemo's would be pretty damn fun too.

I feel like having having Sam explicitly call out Zemo on his intentions for Bucky has to be set up for something, because it is an active question. If Zemo is committed to all super soldiers being eradicated, both Buck and Bradley have to be on his hit list.

Y'know, I was pretty bored with the first episode and wondered how much of a commitment I could put in during the 2nd episode. Today's episode, though -- holy crap. I'm glad I stayed.

The AV Club makes an interesting point about Walker's medals when he talks about how he got them on the worst day of his life. Standard tropes almost dictate that there would be a flashback to that day, but we don't get that. Rather, the reviewer noted that we didn't need it because with Russell's acting, you can see Walker living that day every day.

Whereas one thing to note about Steve -- out of everyone who's gotten the Super-Soldier serum, including the Flag-Smashers, Steve was the weakest and most put-down, with the perspective that that position brings. Karli is similar in that she was weak and discarded because of systemic oppression, so it makes sense that she would stick to her ideals almost as much as Steve would, with the big difference as Sam put it, "I agree with your fight, but not the way you fight it."

The two biggest fight scenes in this episode were much better than I expected, but the Dora Milaje fight is exactly what I wanted to see in Agents of SHIELD, where normal humans simply fight better (and are armed better) than the enhanced -- the Dora Milaje beat Walker under no uncertain terms, whereas up till now Walker always showed that he could go toe-to-toe with super-soldiers without the serum, inferring that the Dora Milaje are therefore better than the average Flag-Smasher. We kinda got that with May and Mockingbird, but once the show put more emphasis on Inhumans, those types of displays happened much less frequently.

Also, favorite line: "They weren't even Super-Soldiers "
    Last edited by Cyke; 04-09-2021 at 05:05 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    We don't know yet if he will. Thunderbolt Ross could decide to do it himself.
    That's true

My main question is, how is Wakanda gonna allow him to be walking about?
    I didn't think of it like that

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Hunting down Isaiah would make a perfect way for Zemo to betray Sam at the end of this. And a great way to debut Sam as Cap, should the show decide to go that route. I just want to see the reaction from Isaiah to a black man in that suit. And Zemo's would be pretty damn fun too.

I feel like having having Sam explicitly call out Zemo on his intentions for Bucky has to be set up for something, because it is an active question. If Zemo is committed to all super soldiers being eradicated, both Buck and Bradley have to be on his hit list.
    I'm just wondering why Zemo is so obsessed with Super-Soldiers being the cause of so many problems. Was it because Steve led the Avengers?

Like, Sokovia was technically Iron Man's fault, and Tony Stark had a better track record of ruining peoples lives than Steve Rogers did. Then there's Wanda. Or The Hulk, although I guess that was part of an attempt to recreate the Super Soldier serum.

Whole town of Asgardians who are probably stronger than the average human, but I guess we don't really have much of a baseline for the average Asgardian. Don't know how they'd compare to Super Soldiers.

I guess it's partially because he has to be a Captain America villain at the end of the day. Like Vulture and Mysterio hated Tony Stark but they had to end up fighting Spider-Man.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just wondering why Zemo is so obsessed with Super-Soldiers being the cause of so many problems. Was it because Steve led the Avengers?

Like, Sokovia was technically Iron Man's fault, and Tony Stark had a better track record of ruining peoples lives than Steve Rogers did. Then there's Wanda. Or The Hulk, although I guess that was part of an attempt to recreate the Super Soldier serum.

Whole town of Asgardians who are probably stronger than the average human, but I guess we don't really have much of a baseline for the average Asgardian. Don't know how they'd compare to Super Soldiers.
    Loki seemed to more than hold his own against Cap when they fought.

It may just be that Zemo thinks that it was Cap's popularity that allowed the Avengers to operate as they did. In addition, they are the easiest superhumans to make. Mastering the creation of super soldiers would lead to an escalation of the superhuman arms race.

It may just be that Zemo thinks that it was Cap's popularity that allowed the Avengers to operate as they did. In addition, they are the easiest superhumans to make. Mastering the creation of super soldiers would lead to an escalation of the superhuman arms race.
    I think Cap probably gave them more positive recognition from the world governments than Tony did.

Ultimate Member

That makes sense. Because otherwise the super soldiers are kinda basic next to chaos magic and Pym particles

Ultimate Member

That makes sense. Because otherwise the super soldiers are kinda basic next to chaos magic and Pym particles
    Yeah, and a musket is basic compared to weapons we have now. But once you master one science, others can build on it. There is a direct line between Cap and Hulk, after all.

Once again, this makes me wonder what does the world know about Ultron's creation? Has anyone after Age of Ultron outright said that Ultron was created by Stark/The Avengers?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's two fold. One, because Steve, and through him super soldiers, kind of kick started the metahuman or enhanced revolution. No Avengers without Steve might be a little broad, particularly in the MCU, but that's more or less what I mean.

Second, because super soldiers can be replicated. Iron Man's armor is impressive, but Stark is pretty much the only guy in the world who can build one. Thor was born the way he was, but the Asgardians mostly keep to themselves. Wanda is the product of mad science (or at least was, prior to WandaVision) based on the scepter, and through it the Mind Stone, a one of a kind item in the universe.. Which has itself since been taken out of play.

But super soldiers? Anybody with the serum can make more. It's powers for the masses. Zemo hates all super-humans, and he'd almost certainly take a shot at somebody like Stark if he was still alive, or maybe even Banner if he thought he could make it count. I absolutely believe he'd murder Wanda in a heartbeat, particularly after Westview. Spider-Man? Yeah, probably hates him too. Doctor Strange is an interesting edge case, since theoretically anybody can learn magic, and knowledge doesn't necessarily make him superhuman. But super soldiers are the ones who can be mass produced. It makes a certain amount of sense that he would put his energies into stopping that avenue, above others.