Page 68 of 145 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2161

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Discussing overreach/extrajudicial killings? Yes, you're in the right thread as these things are part of the series and a big point being made.
    I was making a joke.

I had to page back a bunch because I thought I was in the politics thread ... A place I hang out a lot. I thought I done goofed.

Anyhow ... Episode 3 won me over.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

With now what 7 of the Super powered Flag smashers "alive" after Walker killed one. Do we really think they will just leave that many running around still either in jail or on the run after this? To me Zemo's final play will be killing them all if hes not gone and rebuilding right now for future return later in MCU somewhere.

With the Dora's still either hunting him actively or hes on their most wanted list. It would seem pretty hard to hide from them if they want you. There is really no nation on the planet yet that could keep something they want from them honestly. Until we meet a Namor's Atlantis, or Doom's Latveria in the MCU where it would be a believable refuge other than an all out war for them to grab him.

One point about "there was never another Steve Rogers" and that whole conversation. The thing about Steve that explains why Zemo's theory doesn't apply to Steve is that Steve never wanted power. He never wanted to be a super soldier, he just wanted to be a soldier - like everyone else - and this was the only shot they were giving him. He'd have been happy to just be himself and serve overseas.

It's also relevant that I don't think Steve ever said anything about serving his country or fighting for democracy... abstract concepts. He doesn't like bullies (i.e. people who wield power to belittle others) and he felt he had no right to be at home when others were laying down their lives. Steve believes in people, not flags. He won that ride with Peggy not by climbing over others up to the flag, but by bringing it down.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-14-2021 at 06:25 AM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    ...It's also relevant that I don't think Steve ever said anything about serving his country or fighting for democracy... abstract concepts..
    Rogers pretty much explicitly said that in CATFA. The exact quote escapes me, but in the scene just before going after Bucky, he told Carter that for the longest time he'd dreamed of serving his country overseas. Still, I agree with your concept that Steve wasn't interested in being anything other than a simple soldier. He never wanted to be remarkable. It just so happened that he was. Even before the SuperJuice.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think John will go along with them, but then get the bad pep talk lime you said and get into a fight with the Flag smashers again.

Idk how Zemo fits into the finale
    I think Zemo is Bucky’s “Final Boss” who he has to outwit in spite of seeming like the muscle of their trio, while Walker is Sam’s in a physical/philosophical confrontation.

The Smashers are, almost certainly, fodder, and Power Broker is likely a mastermind who just needs to be unveiled to go down.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

Honestly I'm hoping Zemo is the final boss. He's already the most outright evil one.

The Global Repatriation Council is clearly the real villain.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The Global Repatriation Council is clearly the real villain.
    I'm positive whoever the power broke is they are involved with GRC and that's how they have their global reach.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Rogers pretty much explicitly said that in CATFA. The exact quote escapes me, but in the scene just before going after Bucky, he told Carter that for the longest time he'd dreamed of serving his country overseas. Still, I agree with your concept that Steve wasn't interested in being anything other than a simple soldier. He never wanted to be remarkable. It just so happened that he was. Even before the SuperJuice.
    You're right - he does say it. But I think it's relevant that he mentions it in context of something he's doing, but he's unhappy and unfulfilled. I imagine this was part of his evolution into leaving that mentality behind by the time he gets to Civil War and says he puts his faith in people - individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm positive whoever the power broke is they are involved with GRC and that's how they have their global reach.
    Yep yep. If decades of murder mystery TV has taught us anything it's that the killer is never the first person who looks really suspicious, but someone we already know who was lurking in the background all along.

Ultimate Member

What I didn't get with Steve, though, is while he's right not to trust governments, the issue is whether heroes have the right to go wherever they want and beat up whomever they want. Really Steve?

Yep yep. If decades of murder mystery TV has taught us anything it's that the killer is never the first person who looks really suspicious, but someone we already know who was lurking in the background all along.
    It was the butler! Jarvis did it!

It was the butler! Jarvis did it!
    Zemo has a butler.... What a betrayal that would be - Zemo is anti-superhuman, but his own butler has been using the family fortune to become the Power Broker while he was in prison. What a twist!

But this brings up a question I had: SSS aside, we know he only had those 20 samples, so what did the Power Broker do before? Does he deal in traditional arms and ammunition? Does he deal with any kind of superhuman enhancements like in the comics? Is he just a gangster or does he have deeper political ties, etc?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-14-2021 at 08:35 AM.

Ultimate Member

Zemo has a butler.... What a betrayal that would be - Zemo is anti-superhuman, but his own butler has been using the family fortune to become the Power Broker while he was in prison. What a twist!
    It all makes sense now. The butler is also Mephisto and will make an appearance in the Flash movie

It all makes sense now. The butler is also Mephisto and will make an appearance in the Flash movie
    I'm pretty sure he also taught Zemo how to dance. Probably gave him Turkish delights to spur him on...

Ultimate Member

I'm pretty sure he also taught Zemo how to dance. Probably gave him Turkish delights to spur him on...
    Narnia confirmed as well! This cinematic universe is getting out of hand!