Page 64 of 145 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast

At this point being upset that MCU heroes kill is a bit silly. That ship sailed with the first Iron Man film.

I'm just imagining Falcon and Bucky shooting at people's feet while they run away, A-Team style.

Walker's "What's with all the knives" comment was funny, but I did see an interview with Emily Vancamp where she said there was a conscious effort to not have too many guns in the Disney+ show. (which is why she didn't start off with one at the freight yard fight - and she was shown mostly fighting hand-to-hand) I'm fine with it - this show is more suited to choreographed fight scenes rather than John Wick shoot 'em ups all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Wonder Woman nuked a terrorist, and though it wasn't killing, Superman mutilated Steppenwolf in their fight. Plus, are we sure Batman didn't kill anyone in Batman vs. Superman?
    I said most for a reason. Superman "mutilating" Steppenwolf was done to disable him so Diana could finish him off (an ordinary prison sure wasn't going to hold him and the guy's durability means he can't be treated the same way a normal human would be treated in a fight). Diana is also weak to bullets so taking the guy out was arguably her only option. I also never claimed Batman didn't kill people in BvS.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm just imagining Falcon and Bucky shooting at people's feet while they run away, A-Team style.

Walker's "What's with all the knives" comment was funny, but I did see an interview with Emily Vancamp where she said there was a conscious effort to not have too many guns in the Disney+ show. (which is why she didn't start off with one at the freight yard fight - and she was shown mostly fighting hand-to-hand) I'm fine with it - this show is more suited to choreographed fight scenes rather than John Wick shoot 'em ups all the time.
    Haha, but maybe the Hawkeye series really should be full of boxing glove and other stupid trick arrows, so Kate can make fun of Clint for using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I said most for a reason. Superman "mutilating" Steppenwolf was done to disable him so Diana could finish him off (an ordinary prison sure wasn't going to hold him and the guy's durability means he can't be treated the same way a normal human would be treated in a fight). Diana is also weak to bullets so taking the guy out was arguably her only option. I also never claimed Batman didn't kill people in BvS.
    Lol what? Lasering off Steppy's horns doesn't make him less of a threat in that instance. For one, he was already down and basically helpless to Superman's blows. And second, it's not like he used his horn to attack. Third, WW could've beheaded him at that point without Clark taking half his head off first. It was pretty unnecessary.

And WW has superspeed (which she clearly used a few seconds beforehand) and she let the guy reload. So she wasn't in any danger from bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    In defense of the bad point, Falcon is clearly a celebrity and not a low reality star level celebrity, People worldwide was recognizing him so he had some options based on what understand for our world. The scene worked for me but if you are over analyzing it which is the nature of the internet it is hard to imagine Falcon not being to hire agent and get endorsement deals and doing appearances for money OR Falcon being to lean on military benefits to help him out OR his private contractor work with military which should pay him very well.

It is fair complaint to go Falcon could some how get that money even if that bank turned him down. I mean the Avengers have their own Ben & Jerry Ice cream flavors. The banks scene works for me it could be easily explained to make sense if need to be that detailed, I mean real life Vets get screwed like that but I am not blaming anyone for doubting it some even the Pepper thing has a base, It is hard to imagine pepper not knowing who these people are even if they aren't close, She was around them in the final battle in Endgame, They showed up to his private funeral. It hard to imagine Pepper pulling the funding for the Avengers.
    Okay, but that's a totally separate thing than what I was addressing, which is the idea that Falcon personally knows billionaires well enough to borrow money from them. Like I said earlier the only two times Sam and Pepper were in the same general vicinity (that we the audience have been shown so far) were during a heated battle to save the universe and at Stark's funeral. All the heroes were clearly invited to the funeral, doesn't mean she knew them all personally. It's like saying Rocket Raccoon could ask her for money because he was at the battle and funeral lol. The only other billionaire Sam knows to my knowledge is T'challa, but he only "knows" him in that they've met a couple times. They aren't friends. If they are, that has not been shown to us as an audience yet.

As for the Avengers, the status of the team isn't really known right now. Their HQ was blown to bits, and the last time the team was an official thing, Sam was no longer a member and was on the run, then no longer alive. Maybe we'll find out at some point Pepper has rebuilt the HQ and is still funding the team, but from what we've been lead to believe funding the team doesn't include pay for the heroes.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Okay, but that's a totally separate thing than what I was addressing, which is the idea that Falcon personally knows billionaires well enough to borrow money from them. Like I said earlier the only two times Sam and Pepper were in the same general vicinity (that we the audience have been shown so far) were during a heated battle to save the universe and at Stark's funeral. All the heroes were clearly invited to the funeral, doesn't mean she knew them all personally. It's like saying Rocket Raccoon could ask her for money because he was at the battle and funeral lol. The only other billionaire Sam knows to my knowledge is T'challa, but he only "knows" him in that they've met a couple times. They aren't friends. If they are, that has not been shown to us as an audience yet.

As for the Avengers, the status of the team isn't really known right now. Their HQ was blown to bits, and the last time the team was an official thing, Sam was no longer a member and was on the run, then no longer alive. Maybe we'll find out at some point Pepper has rebuilt the HQ and is still funding the team, but from what we've been lead to believe funding the team doesn't include pay for the heroes.
    You mean you haven't even seen the deleted scene where Bucky and Sam come up and ask Pepper for a loan at the funeral, and Happy throws them in the lake?

Ultimate Member

Superman took off part of Steppenwolf's head, not neck. And he did so after proving his vast superiority over the guy.

As for WW and the terrorist, she literally just demonstrated super speed and coordination.

But all of this is besides the point I was making.

DC heroes are demi gods who kill or use excessive force to look cool, more often than not.

MCU heroes kill because it's the heat of battle, and they have fewer tactical options. Sam is just a guy in an advanced flight suit, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

DC heroes are demi gods who kill or use excessive force to look cool, more often than not.
    Superman killing Zod was not done to look cool. Nor was Wonder Woman killing enemy soldiers in WW1. Shazam doesn't kill anyone in his movie. Everyone else's kills are in self-defense. And more often than not, they're fighting literal and metaphorical gods themselves.

MCU heroes kill because it's the heat of battle, and they have fewer tactical options.
    Thanos in Endgame (the first time he's killed) says hi. Actually, there's also Thor killing those Frost Giants out of spite in the first film and he's a god. Not to mention Wanda sicking the Hulk against innocent people in AoU (at least DC guys limit their kills to villains).

I'm not even sure why you brought up DC in the first place since no one was comparing this to DC.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 04-13-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Sam and other MCU heroes have been doing that since the MCU started. The only MCU hero who has expressed any remorse over killing someone is Dr Strange and even that was for about four minutes. Sam didn't express any emotion over killing people in Winter Soldier, Infinity War and Endgame so I don't get where this complaining about him killing people in the first episode is coming from. Especially when he's only done it in the first episode thus far.
    I wouldn't say it was just for four minutes in that he technically found a way to stop Kaicelius and his goons without killing them, even if what did happen to them was worse.

That being said, even Spider-Man chucked Ebony Maw out an air lock and vaporized a bunch of stuff with his stupid Starksuit. I forget how Mysterio died, was it from a ricochet after Peter destroyed the drone?

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post

I'm not sure there even is an Avengers team.

Talos asked Fury what the status of The Avengers is in FFH. Fury didn't really seem to be thinking about it that much .

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Okay. Got it. You don't like it. Isn't the way you would have written it. Those that enjoy it are deficient.
    Go in peace and watch something else.
    HA! I think you might be right, best to walk away. MY GOD, the reactions... like I insulted someone's mother. Who new Sam and Bucky had so many offspring on CBR Have a gorgeous day.
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Doesn't align with your values.
    Really, REALLY not what I was saying or thinking... but oh well...
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Talos asked Fury what the status of The Avengers is in FFH. Fury didn't really seem to be thinking about it that much .
    He said it was difficult to explain or something.

But with the Avengers headquarters destroyed, its funding uncertain (who's gonna pay for the Avengers now that Iron Man's dead) its leaders either dead or retired (again Iron Man, Black Widow, Cap) and the powerhouses either on disability (Hulk) or left for Space (Thor, Capt. Marvel) and the EndGame Warriors having gone back to thier lives, the Avengers are for all practical purposes gone but nobody official seems to wish to confirm it.

Which kind of makes sense. The MCU doesn't have much in the way of active villainy( they keep dying at the end of these movies, lol)but I'm sure offically announcing the Avengers disbanding would embolden SOMEONE.

Ultimate Member

I'm guessing some new power will fill that vacuum