Page 140 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2161
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Probably Cap 4 or Avengers 5. Whichever happens first.
    Yeah CA4, maybe a cameo in BPWF to set up more connections. As for A5, that's not officially announced yet so I'm guessing that'll be after what's already been announced

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Let's make a movie about almost completely destroying an entire race, but make it really funny and lighthearted. Not at all heart wrenching.

Screw all that Shakespearean stuff. He was so totally overrated.
    I despise this movie. Who names a movie Ragnarok and then proceeds to make Thor:Ragnarok for kicks and giggles?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I despise this movie. Who names a movie Ragnarok and then proceeds to make Thor:Ragnarok for kicks and giggles?
    Agreed and co-signed.

I thought I was the only one, thank goodness I am not alone.

They basically copied the style of Gotg....bleh!

And it appears they will keep that pre-puberscent immaturity in Thor- love and thunder/TLT/Thor 4..... which I will NOT watched unless either the trailer fools me or I hear some grand set ups are made in the movie that effects the MCU.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeesh, am I the only one who liked the first Thor? I mean, Dark World sucked, but Thor one had many great scenes and development.
    Personally, I enjoyed Thor 1 & 2 better than Thor 3.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    To be honest I don't like love interests in my superhero movies but I don't like the idea that they should be entirely done away with

Like I want Bucky's story to be centered on love and in search of a love interest

Marvel should attempt a Romantic Comedy next or simply Mr. & Mrs Smith-esque kind of story or movie for Winter Soldier.
    Romantic comedy for Winter Soldier is the worst borderline childish idea I have ever seen....that's like trying to make John Wick into a love puppy Jim Carey character. Urrgh!

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Romantic comedy for Winter Soldier is the worst borderline childish idea I have ever seen....that's like trying to make John Wick into a love puppy Jim Carey character. Urrgh!
    This reaction alone makes me want this even more lol!

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Ragnarok is one of my favorite MCU movies. I have watched it more than 10X by now.
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-16-2021 at 03:47 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Do you mean other plot lines don't resonate as much?
    Why must it be either / or?

Love interests can partakes and co-exist in those "other plot lines".

Ultimate Member

Agreed and co-signed.

I thought I was the only one, thank goodness I am not alone.

They basically copied the style of Gotg....bleh!

And it appears they will keep that pre-puberscent immaturity in Thor- love and thunder/TLT/Thor 4..... which I will NOT watched unless either the trailer fools me or I hear some grand set ups are made in the movie that effects the MCU.
    I don't think it copied GotG. I think that's just how Taika Waititi did it

I also don't see how Thor is more immature. Throughout the entire movie his focus was just getting back to him home and saving his people

Why must it be either / or?

Love interests can partakes and co-exist in those "other plot lines".
    I didn't say that. I was responding to another poster to see if I understood what they were saying

Bucky getting a romantic comedy subplot could be fun. It's what we got in the first episode. His disastrous date with the barmaid is straight out of a rom com. A genre is just a list of expectations you can play with or subvert/deconstruct etc. That's why people like genre mashups so much.

I'd probably put Bucky in a battle romance. Those are like Steve/Peggy and Peter/Gamora. The movies tend to pull them off better. I'd choose a X-woman or a mutant but there are other options. There's always the new Black Widow . A superhero love interest just fits his high risk lifestyle.

The TV shows tend to civilian love interests better than the movie. Mostly because they had the option to seperate stories and more time to give.

Funny thing is, the best romances are the ones were you have to give up on love. Everyone raved about Casablanca but it's a story were the two lovers give up on being together in order to fight WW2.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-16-2021 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Forgive the sloppiness

Boisterously Confused

So, we just burned about five pages arguing a point that essentially boiled down to "that's different from what I perceived happening in the story before the series, isn't the way I wanted the story extended by the series, and therefore it was terrible."

See you guys when previews for either the film or next season come around.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 05-16-2021 at 02:43 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeesh, am I the only one who liked the first Thor? I mean, Dark World sucked, but Thor one had many great scenes and development.
    I liked it.

Amazing Member

I think we can imply from when we first saw them in the hotel room in Scotland in INFINITY WAR that somehow Wanda and Vision had a physical relationship.

Astonishing Member

Personally, I enjoyed Thor 1 & 2 better than Thor 3.
    Me too. Thor 3 was fun, but so drastically different tonally that I wasn't sure I even liked it for the longest time.

I've come around a little bit and do think Hemsworth is at his best when doing comedy. But I am still not sure I want the Thor franchise to become the next comedy series.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Me too. Thor 3 was fun, but so drastically different tonally that I wasn't sure I even liked it for the longest time.

I've come around a little bit and do think Hemsworth is at his best when doing comedy. But I am still not sure I want the Thor franchise to become the next comedy series.
    I think probably they should tone down the comedy during the dramatic moments. One of my problems with Ragnarok was not evenly balancing those moments

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    So, we just burned about five pages arguing a point that essentially boiled down to "that's different from what I perceived happening in the story before the series, isn't the way I wanted the story extended by the series, and therefore it was terrible."

See you guys when previews for either the film or next season come around.
    Pretty much every MCU thread turns into this sooner or later...