Page 65 of 145 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    HA! I think you might be right, best to walk away. MY GOD, the reactions... like I insulted someone's mother. Who new Sam and Bucky had so many offspring on CBR Have a gorgeous day.
    xx

Really, REALLY not what I was saying or thinking... but oh well...
    I don't mean to butt in yet I feel compelled.

Comic book nerds, including myself, can get quite passionate about our hobby. I mean we have had whole forums and websites dedicated to it for decades ...

I hope you know this already.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-13-2021 at 11:13 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'm guessing some new power will fill that vacuum
    Magneto, Doom, the Brotherhood, Mr. Sinister, MODOK, Annihilus for cosmic threats, Kang, etc.

We have a whole host of unused, coming soon, or yet-to-be introduced villains to fill that void!

Mandarin, Leader, HE, Nightmare, Mephisto, HYDRA Cap ... OOO!

Flag Smashers, USAgent ... team up or lead to ... HYDRA Cap! Crazy fun theory time ...

That might be a fun end to the series. We have Bucky Cap, FalconCap, USAgent Cap, and ... multiverse HYDRA Cap! And Captain Britain needs to come help us! I like it ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-13-2021 at 11:15 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Magneto, Doom, the Brotherhood, Mr. Sinister, MODOK, Annihilus for cosmic threats, Kang, etc.

We have a whole host of unused, coming soon, or yet-to-be introduced villains to fill that void!

Mandarin, Leader, HE, Nightmare, Mephisto, HYDRA Cap ... OOO!

Flag Smashers, USAgent ... team up or lead to ... HYDRA Cap! Crazy fun theory time ...

That might be a fun end to the series. We have Bucky Cap, FalconCap, USAgent Cap, and ... multiverse HYDRA Cap! And Captain Britain needs to come help us! I like it ...
    They will use the Captain to destroy the Captain

Yeah. I was also thinking Thunderbolts, because of Zemo, and maybe the...Wrecking Crew! Idk if they'd work in live action, but I could see them being antagonists in something like Loki season 2 or Black Panther 2

I know Absorbing Man was used in AoS, but I feel he'd be better fighting a main hero. I've complained about this elsewhere, but I feel the MCU hasn't really used all the B/C-list villains from the Avengers comics as it could have. Instead it's mostly the really big ones like Thanos or total nobodies like Killian, Cross or Kaecilius. How did guys like those become major movie villains?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    He said it was difficult to explain or something.

But with the Avengers headquarters destroyed, its funding uncertain (who's gonna pay for the Avengers now that Iron Man's dead) its leaders either dead or retired (again Iron Man, Black Widow, Cap) and the powerhouses either on disability (Hulk) or left for Space (Thor, Capt. Marvel) and the EndGame Warriors having gone back to thier lives, the Avengers are for all practical purposes gone but nobody official seems to wish to confirm it.

Which kind of makes sense. The MCU doesn't have much in the way of active villainy( they keep dying at the end of these movies, lol)but I'm sure offically announcing the Avengers disbanding would embolden SOMEONE.
    I imagine that it would unsettle the public more than it would embolden any particular villain. I mean, you have the big three of villains out there

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    At this point being upset that MCU heroes kill is a bit silly. That ship sailed with the first Iron Man film.
    I don't get the point of being upset about MCU heroes killing when the original heroes were weapons manufacturer and seller, a soldier and and a prince of an Imperialistic conquering empire. They were all founded on killing a lot of ppl.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'm guessing some new power will fill that vacuum
    A new super group like the Thunderbolts, right? To fill that void the Avengers left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    He said it was difficult to explain or something.

But with the Avengers headquarters destroyed, its funding uncertain (who's gonna pay for the Avengers now that Iron Man's dead) its leaders either dead or retired (again Iron Man, Black Widow, Cap) and the powerhouses either on disability (Hulk) or left for Space (Thor, Capt. Marvel) and the EndGame Warriors having gone back to thier lives, the Avengers are for all practical purposes gone but nobody official seems to wish to confirm it.

Which kind of makes sense. The MCU doesn't have much in the way of active villainy( they keep dying at the end of these movies, lol)but I'm sure offically announcing the Avengers disbanding would embolden SOMEONE.
    Without an active Avengers the only thing driving Zemo right now is destroying Super Soldiers, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I don't mean to butt in yet I feel compelled.

Comic book nerds, including myself, can get quite passionate about our hobby. I mean we have had whole forums and websites dedicated to it for decades ...

I hope you know this already.
    Seems to my that person has a thing for hyperbole. No one cursed him out or threatened him, which would have been likely if he had insulted someone's mother lol. There is no point in posting in a forum if one doesn't expect the possibility of others responding to what you post.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    A new super group like the Thunderbolts, right? To fill that void the Avengers left behind.
    Yeah, or Dark Avengers. Possibly some kind of hybrid. But I think a dubious government-led group of villains disguised as heroes could be a cool plot for a movie or D+ show

Elements of the series have seeped into a recent political commentary published in USA Today:

Decades of pro-police entertainment have allowed officers to cloak themselves in an almost Steve Rogers/Captain America-esque garb of superheroes protecting our streets from the bad guys. The reality, for Black and other communities of color, is that policing is so often more resemblant of John Walker/U.S. Agent, the antagonist in this season’s "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier." Like the conclusion of so many police violence videos, Walker crushes opposition under the weight of the shield, the flag and the silence of bystanders.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/7192178002/

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Elements of the series have seeped into a recent political commentary published in USA Today:
    Nevermind John Walker, who killed someone because his best friend had just been murdered, it doesn't help that a bunch of cops take on the logo of mass-murdering Frank Castle, The Punisher as their own. I'm not going to read it, but I hope that's in the article.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-13-2021 at 02:14 PM.

The Super Soldier serum is also kind of driving him nuts, but I guess it's bringing out the worst in him.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Super Soldier serum is also kind of driving him nuts, but I guess it's bringing out the worst in him.
    Is it though? I thought the Super Soldier Serum magnified what was already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Is it though? I thought the Super Soldier Serum magnified what was already there.
    If he was unstable before he took the formula, he was probably going to be even more unstable after the formula.

I found myself sympathetic with John Walker due to his PTSD issues and because Battlestar had just been killed in cold blood by a careless supersoldier. Most cops who kill someone in the line of duty don't have nearly the justification. What was that one guy's excuse recently - he thought he was drawing his tazer instead of his gun? WTF!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.