Page 127 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2161

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think him being wealthy makes a certain amount of sense. ...
    To me, it also really makes sense that he was born into privilege since as someone born into power, he specifically doesn't like the idea of someone seeking power. For all his speechifying while surrounded by opulence, he really just wants to maintain the old power structure that provided his family's wealth and status. All the super-powers are a chaotic force that just upsets that. And no, he wouldn't take SSS just to be on top, because that would compromise his rationale that he's against these artificial means of gaining power. He might have even convinced himself that he has these loftier ideals, bolstered by his personal tragedy, but he's ultimately a rich guy who feels threatened by the shift in power. (that's my take, anyway)

The difference then between Zemo and Steve is that while both fight against the idea of people using their power to run rough-shod over others, Steve came from nothing and understands the world is already unfair - that the little guy, and individual freedoms get run over by power, while Zemo, born into power, believes the world was running along fine before super-powers and these new empowered people are what destroyed his way of life and made him feel truly powerless for probably the first time.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    To me, it also really makes sense that he was born into privilege since as someone born into power, he specifically doesn't like the idea of someone seeking power.
    I would agree with this. Also his mindset seems to fit with the view that some certain people are born to wield power, while others are not and should be kept away from it. Which is a very old aristocracy, born to the purple kind of thinking that fits with old money and the landed gentry.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Odd tangent that I don't know if it's been brought up before- but did anyone else notice that Rhodey wasn't wearing his leg braces in Episode 1? He was in his dress uniform, but the braces he's worn since the end of Civil War were gone. I wonder if that was supposed to imply he had somehow gotten his spine fixed, or if that was a continuity error.
    As with any kind of tech, I imagine he got an upgrade to braces that were more compact and could fit under his pants. I doubt they would have just forgotten. We'll find out for sure when "Armor Wars" comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I would agree with this. Also his mindset seems to fit with the view that some certain people are born to wield power, while others are not and should be kept away from it. Which is a very old aristocracy, born to the purple kind of thinking that fits with old money and the landed gentry.
    Speaking of purple, I still find it hilarious Zemo only wore his comic mask for, like, a minute .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Speaking of purple, I still find it hilarious Zemo only wore his comic mask for, like, a minute .
    I can imagine Daniel Bruhl sitting by the set as his stunt guy is doing that fight scene in the mask, while Emily Vancamp is sitting there covered in bruises and scrapes wondering why Sharon can't get a mask.

Boisterously Confused

Odd tangent that I don't know if it's been brought up before- but did anyone else notice that Rhodey wasn't wearing his leg braces in Episode 1? He was in his dress uniform, but the braces he's worn since the end of Civil War were gone. I wonder if that was supposed to imply he had somehow gotten his spine fixed, or if that was a continuity error.
    Probably a continuity error. I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out.

Head Canon: Stark's sleek nano-tech armor implies that he could have built a much less obtrusive set of braces for Rhodey. Stark probably left a lot of "just in case" gifts for his loved ones before he jumped down The Time Tunnel with the others in Endgame, right next to his video for Morgan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Head Canon: Stark's sleek nano-tech armor implies that he could have built a much less obtrusive set of braces for Rhodey. Stark probably left a lot of "just in case" gifts for his loved ones before he jumped down The Time Tunnel with the others in Endgame, right next to his video for Morgan.
    Rhodey needs to get some Pym particles in his leg-braces and become the new Stilt-Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    What explanation? AoU barely explained anything about Ultron's motivations
    "Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think gets that from?"

Mighty Member

Did he have the braces in any scene after Endgame's timeskip? I genuinely don't recall. But it's entirely possible that he has had some upgrades in 5 years.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    "Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think gets that from?"
    I thought that was a weak explanation.

Extraordinary Member

Ultron’s legitimately crazy for an AI; I’ve interpreted it as a sign that he's basically “broken” from the moment he achieves awareness - that Tony failed to account for the way a fully realized AI with emotions might need to have an entirely separate emotional programming as well. He gave a being free will, and intellect, and meant to do that... but didn’t consider emotional stability in the equation, and when Ultron was exposed to the irrational nature of the world, he basically hyper-traumatized himself in a nanosecond. That’s why the first serious sign that Ultron is violent occurs when we hear him question why JARVIS calls Tony “sir.” It’s an emotionally loaded question that tells you more about Ultron than it’s asking of JARVIS.

Vision, being based off left over Jarvis AI and the already sentient mind stone on top of Ultron’s intellect, was “born” with enough emotional stability to interpret input and sensation in a healthy way.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If he's wearing a mask, then we can't see his face. That's why the MCU cut to Tony's face inside his suit every other minute.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Ultron’s legitimately crazy for an AI; I’ve interpreted it as a sign that he's basically “broken” from the moment he achieves awareness - that Tony failed to account for the way a fully realized AI with emotions might need to have an entirely separate emotional programming as well. He gave a being free will, and intellect, and meant to do that... but didn’t consider emotional stability in the equation, and when Ultron was exposed to the irrational nature of the world, he basically hyper-traumatized himself in a nanosecond. That’s why the first serious sign that Ultron is violent occurs when we hear him question why JARVIS calls Tony “sir.” It’s an emotionally loaded question that tells you more about Ultron than it’s asking of JARVIS.

Vision, being based off left over Jarvis AI and the already sentient mind stone on top of Ultron’s intellect, was “born” with enough emotional stability to interpret input and sensation in a healthy way.
    That's entirely possible, but I don't feel that was properly shown. Him hating all humans felt too cliche for an AI villain

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Did he have the braces in any scene after Endgame's timeskip? I genuinely don't recall. But it's entirely possible that he has had some upgrades in 5 years.
    They were visible in Endgame. Still, there's no way they just forgot them. We'll see that he has new ones that can fit under his pants in "Armor Wars" or some other kind of upgrade. Perhaps they just didn't want to have to show him in them all the time, especially if he's going to headline a show. Or they thought it'd be distracting for his one scene in this show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I thought that was a weak explanation.
    Interesting. I thought that line defined everything we had seen, and would see, about Tony Stark