Page 76 of 145 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2161
    Extraordinary Member

I think this was the best ep yet. Bucky threw the shield on the ground like he partly blamed Sam for what happened. And who doesn't luv evil Elaine, especially with that purple streak in her hair lol. I'm wondering if the shield really belongs to the Wakandan government after what she said.

"Hi I'm Bucky" Calvin Klein jeans commercial smile/pose. I had to lol at that, Sam's side eye was funny as hell too.

Some powerful dialogue. "They erased my history but they've been doing that for 500 years"
    "The optics are whatever we show them." Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Random thought: Zemo going to The Raft makes me think we will have a Breakout (like Bendis' New Avengers) in the future. And that will cause a new Avengers team to be formed.
    My first thought was that they'll pull people from The Raft to form the Thunderbolts.
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I think this was the best ep yet. Bucky threw the shield on the ground like he partly blamed Sam for what happened. And who doesn't luv evil Elaine, especially with that purple streak in her hair lol. I'm wondering if the shield really belongs to the Wakandan government after what she said.
    I still don't get why they went for a purple streak instead of a white one.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It just occurred to me that once again Sam and Bucky did nothing for Sharon. All that time they had Sam couldn't pick up the phone and get his connections to give Sharon the pardon he said he would get her?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It just occurred to me that once again Sam and Bucky did nothing for Sharon. All that time they had Sam couldn't pick up the phone and get his connections to give Sharon the pardon he said he would get her?
    He did tell her "when this is over". Once he stops the Flag Smashers he can point to her helping him accomplish that as a way to get her back.

For all we know he put in the call off-screen already, although he does have a lot on his mind.

Amazing Member

Is it just me but, for anyone else who watched the TV show Person of Interest, doesn't it feel like the Flag Smashers are being set up like Vigilance, while the GRC and/or Power Broker are Decima Technologies and playing them for long-term gain?

It wouldn't surprise me if the Power Broker allowed that super soldier serum to be stolen to create an external threat, maybe even with the ability to negate their abilities when needed, and they are being played for patsies.

If that is the case then you will have a bunch of Flag Smashers, who might be super soldiers but haven't shown to be great fighters or well trained and normal people they recruited, about to attack the GRC then quickly discover they are in over their heads.

At that point it might take Sam, Bucky, maybe Isaiah if he opts to reveal himself, perhaps even Walker if he can put aside his PTSD and rage (who is still a highly-effective soldier even if his SS powers are negated) and Sharon to bail them out and expose the real enemy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My first thought was that they'll pull people from The Raft to form the Thunderbolts.

I still don't get why they went for a purple streak instead of a white one.
    They probably don't want any comparisons to Tulsi Gabbard and purple is so in lol.

Mighty Member

This is probably going to be the most divisive episode of the entire run. A lot people are probably going to call this one boring. I saw one poster on another board I visit somehow call this episode "filler." But to me, this was probably the single best episode of the run.

This was a homerun across the board, in every respect.

Sam and Isaiah. Sam and Bucky. Bucky and Zemo. Walker finding out that the deep end is even deeper than he imagined. Karli going fully unhinged revolutionary. This was such a fantastic way to bring things together and push all these character arcs forward. Sam and Bucky both feel like they've moved beyond Steve's shadow now, and it's been so well earned. Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan have a natural camaraderie and chemistry that most shows doing these kinds of buddy stories would kill for. It's really been a year for fantastic Marvel pairs. First Wanda and Vision, now Sam and Buck.

Literally my only complaint is that I have to wait to next week to see the new suit.

Sharon is up to something. I'm still holding out hope it's something ultimately on the side of the angels. The last time one of our heroes hired Batroc to do bad things it was to try and root out HYDRA from SHIELD, so the call back would work. But for the first time I find myself legitimately worried that she might have broken bad for real. So, well played FaWS, if nothing else you've got me still guessing at what you might have left up your sleeve as we roll into the big reveal for next week. I consider it more or less a foregone conclusion, the logical outcome of where this series was headed all along and I suspect most of us knew it well before this ever aired. But I'm still going to be cheering at my television when I see it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Sharon is up to something. I'm still holding out hope it's something ultimately on the side of the angels. The last time one of our heroes hired Batroc to do bad things it was to try and root out HYDRA from SHIELD, so the call back would work. But for the first time I find myself legitimately worried that she might have broken bad for real. So, well played FaWS, if nothing else you've got me still guessing at what you might have left up your sleeve as we roll into the big reveal for next week. I consider it more or less a foregone conclusion, the logical outcome of where this series was headed all along and I suspect most of us knew it well before this ever aired. But I'm still going to be cheering at my television when I see it happen.
    At worst she's helping the Flag-Smashers which, depending on how you feel about their intentions, isn't the worst thing.

Or she's trying to bring them down from the inside which, again, isn't the worst thing.

It depends on how Stark really got the vibranium. I doubt it belongs to Wakanda or the Dora Milaje would have kept it. If it was a legit gift, (I wonder how that happened) then there's the notion that Stark made it, but we don't know his arrangement with the government. The shield was considered a dead end when Steve chose it. If it was considered a reject, then maybe it was Howard's private property to do with as he wished. I can see why it might be a grey area.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-16-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It depends on how Stark really got the vibranium. I doubt it belongs to Wakanda or the Dora Milaje would have kept it. If it was a legit gift, (I wonder how that happened) then there's the notion that Stark made it, but we don't know his arrangement with the government. The shield was considered a dead end when Steve chose it. If it was considered a reject, then maybe it was Howard's private property to do with as he wished. I can see why it might be a grey area.
    Well, we know it came from Wakanda

But Howard made it into the shield and Cap made it famous. Taking it back regardless of how it came into Howard's possession would likely cause more diplomatic trouble than it was worth.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At worst she's helping the Flag-Smashers
    Try to kill Sam.

That's what she'd be helping the Flag-Smashers with. Whatever you think of their ideology and however sympathetic they may have been throughout this run, that's the goal of this particular operation.

That's pretty much the worst thing, yes.

Again, not convinced even with these latest developments that she's gone bad. But it is the first thing I haven't been able to logically explain away from what we've already been shown. She MAY be pulling a Fury, and employing Batroc to reliably cause some chaos so that she can bring about some other outcome. It's just the first time they've honestly made me wonder, given everything we've seen. I still think Sharon being undercover makes the most sense. But I'm no longer 100% certain.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm not gonna think about the shield ownership too much as I'm sure the legal grey area stuff is there so Sam can keep the shield without the government going after him for it.

I don't think it was property of the Wakandan government. If it was, the Dora Milaje would have taken it when they disarmed Walker.

If anything, I'd be willing to bet that T'Challa had a new shield made and gave it to Steve at some point, though I'm not sure if he had a shield when he went back in time or not.

Zemo is an interesting character. He has his mission- wiping out super soldiers- but at the same time, he is perfectly willing- even eager, in some respects- to die. I hope we get to see more of him in the future.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 04-16-2021 at 08:12 PM.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

The way this series uses Sam is at odds with itself. So Sam, the therapist/counselor for damaged soldiers, doesn't show any sympathy towards Walker regarding Lemar'a death? Instead he just goes to the shield. What?

Didn't he just try to emphasize with Karli, aka murderer of innocent civilians? The person who nearly successfully orchestrated the assassination of Walker to create an international incident? But he can't see the guy is distraught over the lost of his best friend, something he can relate to? Like it's right there, and writers just drop the ball.

If he's supposed to be the "perfect" successor to Steve, you'd think he'd take the high road and work with Walker...if only to make sure he can potentially do the job. Instead, he plays it petty and bitter, as if he didn't give up the shield.

This show is just weird. The SSS is potentially bad, yes, but Sam, Lemar and Walker were normal dudes going against a squad of super soldiers. Regardless of the man Steve was, Walker and Lemar were expected not only to be a symbol, but also deal with the same problems that Steve did....and Steve could only do the things he did because he was a super soldier. This is ridiculous. Tony and Thor both wanted power, and they're considered good people as well as jerks. This either or nonsense with SSS, and those who do and don't seek power, runs counter to the guy who saved the universe.

Then there's the framing. The DM were framed to be cool, when they tried to murder and then kill Walker for no reason. That doesn't change the fact that they tried to kill a Captain America, unprovoked.

Without Zemo and Walker, I don't think the show would be as entertaining as it is honestly.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 04-16-2021 at 08:29 PM.