Page 98 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2161
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Honestly, only Wyatt's character has had enough meat to really work with to get an Emmy, if they were to get it for anything. Stan, unfortunately, has been asked to mostly stand around and brood, while the Karli actress just seems miscast as well her character getting shafted.
    To get an Emmy nomination and win all an actor needs is a great reel.

Judi Dench won an Oscar for a cameo.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Tony's company built the weapons; someone else bought them and used them on the Maximoffs. But Wanda focused on Tony alone.

This is like me getting hit by a drunk driver and suing the car manufacturer while completely forgetting the drunk driver. And as I mentioned, she joined Hydra.
    Is manufacturing and selling cars and weapons comparable? Wanda focused on Toni because those weapons had his company name stamped on them. It was a clear welcoming invitation on who to blame.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    To get an Emmy nomination and win all an actor needs is a great reel.

Judi Dench won an Oscar for a cameo.
    He easily has the best reel on the show, as he's got the most good scenes.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Is manufacturing and selling cars and weapons comparable? Wanda focused on Toni because those weapons had his company name stamped on them. It was a clear welcoming invitation on who to blame.
    That's, again, dumb and short-sighted. Why blame the manufacturer, when they didn't use it. This is like suing every gun manufacturer after a mass shooting or murder via gun. It's not really sympathetic, as much It's just projecting.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

I really saw the Sharon Power Broker twist coming right from her first episode, but I know a lot were holding out hope that this villainous take wasn't going to be the character's direction. I guess its also something they will explore in some future project.

Just watched the final episode, It was hit and miss. It really missed on the action stuff how it was organized, to me, it felt a little rushed. But it real hit on the emotional stuff for me I was dam in near tears at certain stuff. I will give a rewatch and see how feel about it after.

spoilers:
    I was dead wrong on Walker, They set us up to him hate so they can give him a redemption arc, I thought he was going to full villain but apparently, that is the job of Sharon Carter
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    Loved the new title card, the new suit, and almost all of the final battle. Really well done stuff on the whole. Isaiah Bradley steals the show again, and Zemo even gets to be a nefarious bastard while we're at it.

Loathed what they did to Sharon. I'm unsurprised, I guess, since they've been making it obvious since she reappeared even though I was holding out some hope right up until that last moment. But man, what a way to do dirty one of your best female characters Marvel. Shame on you.
    end of spoilers

I'm giving it a 3 out of 5. I'll get over the worst of it, and I loved the high points.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Just watched the final episode, It was hit and miss. It really missed on the action stuff how it was organized, to me, it felt a little rushed. But it real hit on the emotional stuff for me I was dam in near tears at certain stuff. I will give a rewatch and see how feel about it after.

spoilers:
    I was dead wrong on Walker, They set us up to him hate so they can give him a redemption arc, I thought he was going to full villain but apparently, that is the job of Sharon Carter
    end of spoilers
    They stuck the landing but they shat the bed on choreography. Karli was a miscasting and whoever directed those fight scenes should never direct action movies ever again.

Swiss army nerd

Tony's company built the weapons; someone else bought them and used them on the Maximoffs. But Wanda focused on Tony alone.

This is like me getting hit by a drunk driver and suing the car manufacturer while completely forgetting the drunk driver. And as I mentioned, she joined Hydra.
    As I always understood it, especially from IM1, Tony was very much the designed of all of Stark Industries' best weapons, and he's absolutely the face of the whole thing, defending selling weapons on air to journalists etc, so it's not remotely a stretch to blame him for the weapons that killed your family. He very likely designed them, put his name on them and speaks about how awesome they are on the regular. Tony Stark is a man who, for a significant portion of his life, spent a lot of time thinking about the best, most advanced and effective ways to kill people.

But Wanda and Pietro absolutely did join Hydra, a Nazi offshoot and terrorist organisation. I give them very little in the way of sympathy.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    That's, again, dumb and short-sighted. Why blame the manufacturer, when they didn't use it. This is like suing every gun manufacturer after a mass shooting or murder via gun. It's not really sympathetic, as much It's just projecting.
    Your comparison is better than car manufacturing and If this scenario played out in real life whoever is in Wanda's shoes will garner a lot of sympathies in my opinion

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If they do a second season they have thier big bad going forward. With the added gimmick of them not knowing she's thier enemy ( and her not actually wanting to kill them).

My only issue is I don't believe for a second that she was this big power in Madripoor. Moneyed crime boss? Sure. But THE power in Madripoor? That's a bit much though I'll admit having a small army of Super Soliders would make her more scary than she actually was.

The NetflixTV series got knocked for being too long but we could have used at least 2 extra episodes here.
    end of spoilers

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

overall ok for me, i was thinking during the long action sequence (which seemed weirdly paced to me) they wouldnt veer back into the soap opera territory from ep5 w/ isaiah but i think the little trip was a quick enough ending, also thankful they handled buckey's resolution similarly briefly.

flagsmashers were pretty unimpressive the whole series and walker's appearance was a little anticlimactic, but as a setup it was fine. Sharon was also a bit 'meh' but in fairness to her i dont really care about her either way

spoilers:
    zemo's pop in was cool. Falcon America and USAgent suits looked good.
    end of spoilers

i think as an initial watch i liked wandavision better due to the overarching mystery it had, where even in slow/dramatic moments there was still some intrigue where as this show's drama was a huge brick wall

but i suspect subsequent viewings this show will fare better for me + i would like a 2nd season

Mighty Member

How did "people like Ross" cause Hydra, the Chitauri invasion or Ultron?

And what did the Avengers do after Wanda set Hulk upon Johannesburg? They let her join their team and took her on crime-fighting missions around the world without even discussing if she should play for her crimes while Hulk had to flee Earth because of what she made him do. This is exactly the type of behavior that should make people view them as untrustworthy. Or it would if the MCU didn't pretend it never happened.
    Blame for Ultron and consequentially the destruction of Sokovia lays squarely at the feet of Tony Stark. There are no two ways about it.

Mighty Member

Remaining true to your convictions isn't inherently admirable. Rorsarch remained true to his convictions all the way up to his death.
    Agreed!

If racists, serial killers, child sacrifices and misogynists "remain true to their convictions" does not directly equate to being "right".

There are people with convictions that are inherently wrong which they think is/are right.

As far as Sharon goes:

spoilers:
    I don’t get why she led the guys to her scientist, especially knowing how Zemo was likely to react. It seems like killing the goose who laid the golden eggs, all while giving herself a potentially deadly workout against her own people. Maybe she figured the scientist had served his purpose, especially since the MCU has never heard of lab notes, and it was time to eliminate him and angle for a pardon. But Lord above, what a weird way to go about it, especially since Karli could have exposed her at any juncture!
    end of spoilers