Page 55 of 145 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

I wouldn't be surprised if the Thunderbolts are criminals or shady types who get roped into a Super-Team because the government wants their own Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    If Zemo is anti-super soldier, how could he lead MCU Thunderbolts?
    If it happens, it would be against his will, which could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Hunting down Isaiah would make a perfect way for Zemo to betray Sam at the end of this.
    For some reason I can see Zemo sympathizing with Isaiah, especially since he's not doing anything with his power. At the same time, I can still see him killing Isaiah despite sympathizing with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    The AV Club makes an interesting point about Walker's medals when he talks about how he got them on the worst day of his life.
    I really liked this little wrinkle. A lot of people have been saying that Walker's egotistical, and he certainly came across that way before, but I think rather than feeling like he's entitled to the Cap mantle because of the medals, they're actually a reminder of the bad things he's had to do and he's desperately yearning for redemption, a chance to actually do the good things people think he did to earn the title. Impostor syndrome x 100.

THEORY TIME: My turn to overthink things -- does anyone else think Power Broker's threats are a little odd? Why keep sending threatening texts? "Give me back the serum or I'll kill you." I mean, she's clearly not going to give it back. Karli almost seems a bit blase about the threats as well. We saw people coming for them, but who's to say that was the PB's people necessarily? I dunno, I'd have to rewatch the series to see if this holds up, and I'm not doing that, but I wonder if the texts aren't threats but actually coded warnings? Just a thought...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-10-2021 at 11:25 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    THEORY TIME: My turn to overthink things -- does anyone else think Power Broker's threats are a little odd? Why keep sending threatening texts? "Give me back the serum or I'll kill you." I mean, she's clearly not going to give it back. Karli almost seems a bit blase about the threats as well. We saw people coming for them, but who's to say that was the PB's people necessarily? I dunno, I'd have to rewatch the series to see if this holds up, and I'm not doing that, but I wonder if the texts aren't threats but actually coded warnings? Just a thought...
    It would be interesting to find out that the Power Broker had already replicated the serum, without telling the scientist that died that he had other labs also working on the exact same solution, all kept compartmentalized, so he's just making threats for form (so that everybody knows that ripping him off has dire consequences), but secretly loves the publicity she's giving to his super-soldier serum with her activities.

Every time her Flag-Smashers make the news, his prices go up...

Got a funny feeling the Power Broker is none other than Gen. Ross. Or, whatever his title is nowadays. Maybe after the snap, and without Banner as an antagonist (in his mind that is) to sort of keep his focus, his obsession with the serum grew to ridiculous proportions.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Got a funny feeling the Power Broker is none other than Gen. Ross. Or, whatever his title is nowadays. Maybe after the snap, and without Banner as an antagonist (in his mind that is) to sort of keep his focus, his obsession with the serum grew to ridiculous proportions.
    Wouldn't surprise me. I mean, he did have access to a pretty crappy version of the formula.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me. I mean, he did have access to a pretty crappy version of the formula.
    Didn't it actually work before Blonsky added Banner's blood to the mix? He at least had the agility and stamina if not the strength. Plus Blonsky healed pretty quickly after Hulk kicked him into a tree.

If not Ross, I mean Sterns is still out there, plus Blonsky himself. I think from a story narrative though, making it Ross would tie this and other series together, namely She-Hulk.

But I'm typically wrong about these things. lol Watch it be someone like John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt.

Ultimate Member

Didn't it actually work before Blonsky added Banner's blood to the mix? He at least had the agility and stamina if not the strength. Plus Blonsky healed pretty quickly after Hulk kicked him into a tree.

If not Ross, I mean Sterns is still out there, plus Blonsky himself. I think from a story narrative though, making it Ross would tie this and other series together, namely She-Hulk.

But I'm typically wrong about these things. lol Watch it be someone like John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt.
    It worked fine the same way Walker's serum worked fine :P

I wonder if they're going to establish that power corrupts, or if the serum has unhinged him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It worked fine the same way Walker's serum worked fine :P
    Well I think Lamar (RIP) had a point. It makes you more of what you already are. For some bizarre reason everyone who tries to replicate the formula keep skipping that part. Find more guys who are willing to jump on a live grenade, like Steve, than people who already good at what they do, like Walker (or Blonsky).

I wonder if they're going to establish that power corrupts, or if the serum has unhinged him.
    See above. We'll actually never know until someone actually finds Steve 2.0 and gives it to him (or her) and they STILL turn into a Walker.

Also want to add...the jump on the grenade thing is just part of it, since Walker claims he's done that plenty of times. I mean they actually have to be a good person and maybe even an underdog. The idea seems to be Steve was an outlier but we should otherwise get the best specimen already and give them the formula. I think the issue is other people who try to do it (create the serum) seem to be under a time crunch, and they think the "good person" part isn't as important or just a matter of perspective perhaps. Or simply don't care and want fodder/assassins anyway (Bucky).

Ultimate Member

In fairness, Steve never had to handle the weight of his own legend like Walker does.

I mean, OG Cap's saved the world 3 times, literally. Fought back Hydra. Half of the people alive on the planet owe that, in part, to Cap. That's a lot of weight right there.

Not surprising that Walker feels overwhelmed

Oh, indeed. Walker is coming off far more sympathetic than Karli, imo. But both are gonna have to be stopped at some point.

Ultimate Member

So how long before Zemo does something unethical again and becomes the lead villain? He can't coast on that dancing fame forever

Oh, indeed. Walker is coming off far more sympathetic than Karli, imo. But both are gonna have to be stopped at some point.
    Karli's just kind of funny to me.

"This is the only language they understand."

"But they just did the complete opposite of what we wanted them to do."

"Uh..."

Oh, and threatening Sam's sister and kids and then saying she didn't mean it. C'mon .

Then again, I don't remember the male Flag-Smasher in the comics being the brightest tool in the shed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    So how long before Zemo does something unethical again and becomes the lead villain? He can't coast on that dancing fame forever
    Only 2 episodes left. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to team up with the power broker or something.

Extraordinary Member

Both Walker and Karli have this in common they both dealt with loss by escalating.

So after seeing her second in command/buddy get Baron Blood'ed I expect her to do something even more messed up.