Page 131 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2161

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't see either Sam or Bucky getting a love interest any time soon. It seems the MCU is moving away from that (which doesn't bother me).
    I don't know if it's moving away from it so much as just fitting it in where it feels more appropriate instead of just tacking it on.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if it's moving away from it so much as just fitting it in where it feels more appropriate instead of just tacking it on.
    That's possible. But Idk if there's any point.

Boisterously Confused

That's possible. But Idk if there's any point.
    It gives a character something to lose, raising the stakes of doing the right thing. That said, Sam's family fills some of that role.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    It gives a character something to lose, raising the stakes of doing the right thing. That said, Sam's family fills some of that role.
    I think the idea of doing the right thing itself is enough. Making everything personal gets to be too much sometimes. Besides, they'll have to devote a bunch of time to a romance, and in 2 hrs it's usually never enough.

There's always Bucky/Sarah . The fandom is pretty fond of it. It would be funny if Diamondback appears and Bucky doesn't fall for her.

Family tends to be the more universally accepted subplot. Romance has a higher failure rate in genre shows. Unless it's shonen anime than 90% failure rate.

I'd say the Netflix shows handled romances better than CW.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    There's always Bucky/Sarah . The fandom is pretty fond of it. It would be funny if Diamondback appears and Bucky doesn't fall for her.

Family tends to be the more universally accepted subplot. Romance has a higher failure rate in genre shows. Unless it's shonen anime than 90% failure rate.

I'd say the Netflix shows handled romances better than CW.
    Bucky/Sarah isn't a comics canon relationship though. That doesn't necessarily mean "never", but Idk if she'll even return.

I agree family works better than romance, simply due to it already being established and not needing considerable runtime to demonstrate the characters realistically developing the relationship

Bucky/Sarah isn't a comics canon relationship though. That doesn't necessarily mean "never", but Idk if she'll even return.

I agree family works better than romance, simply due to it already being established and not needing considerable runtime to demonstrate the characters realistically developing the relationship
    You could always give write a couple already in love. But that's something most stories struggle with, genre or not.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    You could always give write a couple already in love. But that's something most stories struggle with, genre or not.
    Actually that might be easier. Skip the set-up and put the heroes in a permanent relationship. The MCU missed it's chance with Hank and Jan

Well it's not like the movies/shows have ever followed comic canon strictly. The doomed Hulk and Black Widow pairing for example. Or Scott and Hope. Hope doesn't even exist in the comics lol. T'challa and Nakia.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Well it's not like the movies/shows have ever followed comic canon strictly. The doomed Hulk and Black Widow pairing for example. Or Scott and Hope. Hope doesn't even exist in the comics lol. T'challa and Nakia.
    And all those relationships ranged from meh to awful.

And all those relationships ranged from meh to awful.
    I liked T'Challa and Nakia...

Astonishing Member

Me too.

I like the potential of Bucky/Sarah but I don't know how that would actually work beyond their cute flirting.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Me too.

I like the potential of Bucky/Sarah but I don't know how that would actually work beyond their cute flirting.
    I think it gives them an opportunity to retire Bucky's character when they feel the time is right.

He marries Sarah, settles down and a few years later, Rikki Barnes is born.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think it gives them an opportunity to retire Bucky's character when they feel the time is right.

He marries Sarah, settles down and a few years later, Rikki Barnes is born.
    Oh this definitely can work, especially with the way the MCU is built, retiring the characters because of the actors (except for Tony and Nat and maybe T'Challa).

Ultimate Member

Really? I didn't care for the relationship or Nakia that much.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Oh this definitely can work, especially with the way the MCU is built, retiring the characters because of the actors (except for Tony and Nat and maybe T'Challa).
    It's possible. If they go that route, I'd hope they actually make a believable romance