Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
It's because the show hasn't really given us any clear understanding of the motivation behind their doing what they are doing.

Apparently the GRC are bad, but how, exactly? Something vague about camps and displacing refugees? But how is GRC doing that, exactly? I mean, if you have people who moved into the US (or whatever country) during the blip ... sure, I guess there would be chaos and overcrowding, when the other half of the population pops back into existence. But what does the US (and other countries') government do about it? GRC ... somehow ... gets involved, and in some not-at-all-explained way are not on the up and up about it? But the show hasn't really shown us how they are like Hydra or Nazi evil or something, so it's kind of hard to get sympathize with why the Flag Smashers should feel justified to resort to terrorist methods to combat them.

I mean, we saw Karli blow up that warehouse or whatever, and kill the tied up guards with it. Have we seen GRC kill anybody?

Even, really -- how are the Flag Smashers really helping any of the many people we've been told they are helping? By ... stealing supplies from GRC warehouses, and distributing them to people living in GRC refugee camps? What??

I mean, they're unfortunately just a group of characters with only the most vaguely defined motivations, so of course it's hard to sympathize with them. Even what they have suffered ... what have they suffered, exactly? We haven't really been showed even that, I don't think.
The GRC and Flag Smasher plotline seems likely to be suffering from the reshoots caused not by Covid’s impact on production, but by how they reportedly removed an entire virus based plotline from the story because ti was too close to home.

What *is* in the show, as of the last episode, is basically a situation where the GRC is determined to expel 20 million “unwanted” immigrants who moved across borders during the Blip to respond to manpower and infrastructure shortages caused by the Blip (as supply lines, rather than the gross amount of resources, is actually behind shortages and surpluses - Thanos was wrong.)

Apparently, Karli and the people in the camps represent the reverse of Aunt May’s situation when she came back - they weren’t Blipped out and are basically being deprived of the jobs, homes, and sanctuary they had because the “original owners” came back, and the GRC seems to be about restoring things to the previous status quo, at the expense fo these refugees.

The fact there’s 20 million of them is likely the biggest issue - that’s basically an entire country’s worth of refugees, with all the exploitation, deprivation, and despair that entails. The GRC is apparently failing to provide for them or listen to their desires to not leave their current nations - and apparently is failing hard enough at the distribution of supplies that even GRC officials worry about the camps not being supplied enough as it already is, while Karlie and co. apparently *are* helping by hijacking supplies for them.

The GRC is effectively killing people via gross negligence and apathy caused by a desire to return to “normal” regardless of how ill-advised that might be; the one “Senator” character they haven’t named yet especially seems to personify the idea that the “haves” are forcing the “have nots” to bear the burden of restoring the status quo.

You can tell they didn’t film any clear exposition scenes, though, and are likely patching together a handful of reshot scenes or dialogue with older footage.