Page 29 of 145 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think he will because he would want Isaiah to honored and acknowledged for his service.
    That's possible. I think whatever happens, he'll want to make sure Isaiah is recognized

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I like this ep better than the 1st. Sam and WS have some good chemistry, I wonder how much input the actors have in the quips. Some of them are really funny.Isiah being MCU canon adds some weight to the Cap title imo.
    I was thinking about the difference in episode 1 and 2. I think that the nuances and character development in the first episode is highlighted and you see why it was needed as a foundation. Bucks line in therapy scene in 2 landed much harder because we saw Bucky struggling and trying to make amends. Him feeling betrayed by Sam giving up the legacy of Steve was given so much weight by what we saw in the first episode.

So far the layered storytelling is really working for me.

Dear Disney please stop trying to make Erin Kellyman happen, or at least give her roles more suited to her range..
    Last edited by Anthony W; 03-27-2021 at 10:17 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Boisterously Confused

The meme hate for USAgent is both hilarious, and a testament to Wyatt Russell's execution of the script. I'd never heard of the actor before, and was dubious when I learned he's Kurt Russell's son, but as much as he looks and sounds like his dad, he seems to have chops of his own.

Side note: the Elder Russell's early-post-child-actor career also took off at Disney. An interesting symmetry to that in my mind.

I've liked what they've done with USAgent here. They've simultaneously given us a character we're not fond of without making him outright unlikable. He may have a vainglorious streak at heart, but he has good intentions. spoilers:
    Walker may have wanted to be the guy in charge, but he seemed sincere in wanting to work with Falcon and WS. If we don't like it, we can kind of understand why USAgent warned them to stay out of his way after they refused to help him get the job done. We may not think the protagonists petulant in disdainfully rebuffing him, but you can see why Walker would.
    end of spoilers

They've kept a lot of the USAgent's source material from the early stage of his taking over the Captain America role in the comics. Walker had been something of a Booster Gold character, more interested in the celebrity than the purpose of being a symbolic hero when he first appeared as The Superpatriot. He refocused pretty fast when given the shield by The Commission on Superhuman Affairs, and became something quite similar to what Russell's portraying, before it became clear that he was in over his head, and before his parents' murder uncorked the worst parts of the man.

You can add me to the list of those on this thread who's glad F&WS is taking an unflinching look at A Black Man's American Experience. It's no fun to look at, but make's Falcon's world more real to me.

spoilers:
    You can also add me to the list of those that think USAgent is going to get super-serumed before this is all over. If I had to bet, he's going to come out the other end a lot more Johann Schmidt than Steve Rogers.
    end of spoilers However, Marvel Studios has proven pretty good at dishing up surprises, and sidestepping the predictable. Either way, it's shaping up to be a fun ride.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Dear Disney please stop trying to make Erin Kellyman happen, or at least give her roles more suited to her range..
    It's only been one episode dude. She hasn't had a chance to flex her acting chops yet.

While I believe Walker was sincere in wanting to work with Sam and Bucky but I feel it was more so to get their endorsement and approval. Gaining the acceptance of Cap's closest allies would help him a great deal.

It's only been one episode dude. She hasn't had a chance to flex her acting chops yet.
    She was in Solo as well. Just don't buy her in these things, she feels more suited to dramas. Maybe what she needs is a nice period piece.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

She was in Solo as well. Just don't buy her in these things, she feels more suited to dramas. Maybe what she needs is a nice period piece.
    Not against an actress wanting to expand her reach. I think it's too soon to say that she isn't suited for her role after one episode. We still got another four.

Boisterously Confused

While I believe Walker was sincere in wanting to work with Sam and Bucky but I feel it was more so to get their endorsement and approval. Gaining the acceptance of Cap's closest allies would help him a great deal.
    That was definitely in the mix, but I think there was indeed a mix. That's what I'm liking about this portrayal of USAgent: they didn't ignore the faults of the source material character, but he's much more nuanced than his source counterpart.

If Sam does end up becoming Captain America, where would he even show up? We know Marvel's upcoming slate of films. It would be odd if Sam picks up the legacy at the climax of this just to disappear. Could he move over to Armor Wars or Secret War? Does he become instrumental in forming the Young Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    If Sam does end up becoming Captain America, where would he even show up? We know Marvel's upcoming slate of films. It would be odd if Sam picks up the legacy at the climax of this just to disappear. Could he move over to Armor Wars or Secret War? Does he become instrumental in forming the Young Avengers?
    Or they have plans they haven’t announced yet.

Dont read this if you don't wanna be spoiled. This is a legit spoiler for future episodes based on Leaked toys

spoilers:
    Sam is gonna become Cap. They're have been two different toys and Toy art that have leaked with his Cap costume. One a long time ago and now a better look at one a couple days ago. I think as Cap Sam's gonna restart the Avengers. Until then he came make a cameo here and there. But who knows
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Considering spoilers:
    Patriot
    end of spoilers is in it, Sam might actually be a sort of mentor for YA

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I don't understand the complaint against her acting in this role, she seemed perfectly fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't understand the complaint against her acting in this role, she seemed perfectly fine to me.
    She's a British actress, so I guess she shouldn't look beyond "a nice period piece" for career goals.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)