Quote Originally Posted by danteipp View Post
The choice of John Walker, presumably by the old dude/government official or part of his cabal (GRC or Power Broker?), seems like a purposefully diabolical decision.

On the surface, a war hero (three times over), who is in peak regular human conditioning, willing to do whatever he can to complete a mission while also protecting his fellow soldiers seems ideal.

But it is also very clear that Walker is suffering from PTSD, is imbalanced and his medals came at great personal cost. I assume he would have preferred to be the one to die while his fellow soldiers survived. Any time he loses someone now, it probably causes a complete psychotic break.

There is no way Walker should have been selected to be the new Cap based on his current mental issues. Taking the shield from Sam, in order to give it to Walker and cause people to lose trust in everything Steve built, definitely helps people like the Power Broker, GRC, etc. People have no idea who or what they can trust and it fractures society even further.

I honestly wonder if Bucky's psychologist is either directly involved or if we find out she was also counseling Walker and the government (illegally) accessed her files to set Walker up as a patsy?

I really can't hate on Walker, he was placed in an impossible situation. He seemingly wasn't ready to go back into regular military action, let alone equipped to try to replace the greatest soldier in history.

In the end, I hope we get to see Sam take on and embrace the shield. Meanwhile Bucky, who admittedly knows crazy/PTSD, should have some compassion for Walker's mental issues, losing soldiers and friends, etc. and convince him to get help so he can start redeeming himself and transition to U.S. Agent or, even better, Nomad. Let Walker distance himself from the government as Nomad and just do what is right.
Unfortunately, the writers didn't take the show as seriously as this.