Page 51 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I got what I was asking for from this episode and that's a deeper dive into Karli. If I understand it right they moved she and the flag smashers moved to a new home when the snapped happened and when the blipped happened they all got kicked out? No wonder she's a revolutionary. Wherever they from got it ass backwards.

After Battlestar died I expected him to slaughter all the remaining smashers to mirror the event that killed his parents in the comics. The image the episode ended on was strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam West View Post
    I think he's just shocked that Wakandans didn't trust him as much as he expect since they built that failsafe into his mecha arm
    I mean, why would they do something like that? It isn’t like he might ally with Zemo or ... why would they do something like that? (Actually, it probably isn’t a fail safe as much as a standard design feature to facilitate medical treatment or repair of the arm. The Wakandans just understand the arm’s functions better than Bucky does).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    I mean, why would they do something like that? It isn’t like he might ally with Zemo or ... why would they do something like that? (Actually, it probably isn’t a fail safe as much as a standard design feature to facilitate medical treatment or repair of the arm. The Wakandans just understand the arm’s functions better than Bucky does).
    Yeah, you have to figure they'd design the thing that so it would be easy to maintain. Seems less a failsafe than just a safety feature Bucky didn't know about.

I mean, it still worked afterwards

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam West View Post
    I think he's just shocked that Wakandans didn't trust him as much as he expect since they built that failsafe into his mecha arm
    Think of it as a fail safe if the de-programming didn't work. It would allow them to subdue Bucky without killing him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Think of it as a fail safe if the de-programming didn't work. It would allow them to subdue Bucky without killing him.
    I also feel like the Wakandans are generally not a fan of letting their vibranium-tech out of their country, without maintaining some level of control, just in case, and feel sort of responsible for what gets done with it, so would build some sort of ease-of-retrieval mechanism into the arm if it ever got used for ill purposes (not just Bucky going rogue, perhaps he's captured and it gets stolen and used by someone else, or something, in which case Wakanda might want a way to put a stop to that rogue Wakandan technology out there causing problems).

I would in fact be kind of shocked if Shuri didn't build some sort of tracking device into the arm, as a matter of course, and that have literally nothing to do with whether or not they trust Bucky, but just be how they do things.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It's probably a fail safe for if and when the hand falls into the wrong hands. It is vibranium after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I would in fact be kind of shocked if Shuri didn't build some sort of tracking device into the arm, as a matter of course, and that have literally nothing to do with whether or not they trust Bucky, but just be how they do things.
    I mean, if Hayward could track Vibranium by its rate of decay, I'm sure Wakandans can track all vibranium around the world without needing to bug it.

On another note, it's interesting that between this show and "Mandalorian," Disney has mastered the art of "jet-pack fighting" down to a T. It could be minor after lightsaber dueling.

Seeing Wakanda hits so differently knowing we may never see T'Challa again .

It was neat to see Bucky in Wakanda and getting the treatment he needed to no longer be effected by his trigger words. Seeing Bucky so happy that he can't be controlled anymore was sweet. You really do get the sense he might've been happier just staying in Wakanda...

Sam still showing off why he's the best choice to succeed Steve. He sees the other side and he wants to make peace and work together to resolve situations instead of just beat up bad guys and call it a day. Also a nice nod to his counselor/social service background that he wanted to talk to Karli rather than fight her.

Even Zemo admits Steve was the one Super Soldier that wasn't corrupt. I guess there was also Isaiah. I mean, he's angry at what the government did to him, but for good reason and he didn't turnaround and then become a terrorist because of it.

I still feel like Walker isn't a bad guy. Aggressive, out-of-his-depth, and trying way too hard, but I can still kind of see where he's coming from. Can't really blame him for taking the Super Soldier serum either, even if it didn't end well.

Of course Walker wasn't going to give Sam 10 minutes, but I feel like Bucky caved too quickly when he probably could've held Walker and Battlestar off.

Cap hit Zemo with his shield! Too bad it's the wrong Cap.

Man, kind of surreal to think there was actual good stuff that came out of the Blip and more problems when people came back. Kind of reminds me of G.I's coming back after WWII.

You get the sense that Karli really believes in what she's doing, and there's sense and value in what she's doing, but she's really on the verge of becoming a Supervillain because she's just too radicalized. Like, that speech to Sam's sister, even if it was just bluffing, went way, way too far.

Well, the Doras sure stole the show. That had to be very emasculating for Walker. And no surprise that there was a secret Wakandan trick to dislodging Bucky's arm that they gave him.

Kind of interesting that Zemo hasn't outright betrayed anyone yet but obviously has his own endgame in mind and keeps slipping away to fulfill it. He's pretty much destroyed all the Super Soldier serum, so what's left other than the Flag-Smashers themselves? And will they actually manage to catch him? Because it doesn't seem like Wakanda is going to let him walk free indefinitely.

Man, poor Lemar/Battlestar. He gets beat up in most of his screentime, is Walker's sole voice of reason, and then his death by Super Soldier is what drives Walker nuts. Guy deserved better.

Welp, Captain America just murdered a guy in cold blood in front of a bunch of people. That's going to be a PR nightmare. John Walker in a rage has compromised both the shield and the uniform. And the dude he killed was a Cap fan too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even Zemo admits Steve was the one Super Soldier that wasn't corrupt. I guess there was also Isiah. I mean, he's angry at what the government did to him, but for good reason and he didn't turnaround and then become a terrorist because of it.
    Does Zemo even know about Isaiah?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm honestly not sure, although I feel like that's who Sam thought of when Zemo said it was only Steve.

Astonishing Member

Didn't Bucky and Sam talk about him last episode in front of Zemo when they were flying in his private plane?

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Didn't Bucky and Sam talk about him last episode in front of Zemo when they were flying in his private plane?
    I think they talked about him when Zemo went somewhere else in the plane.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I don't know that he knows exactly. I mean he was standing there when the doctor mentioned the "American test subject" that his research picked up on. But, Does that necessarily mean he knows it wasnt just Steve?

Anyway, another good episode for me.

When Walker touched Ayo's arm...I was like you about to get your entire ass kicked my dude. I know so many people that would do something like that. They are WAY too familiar with people they don't know. Like "settle down" little lady condescending as hell.

That entire sequence was sexual. When she said their jurisdiction was wherever they wanted it to be. That was literally the pitch for the Dora's Disney + series imo. Just going wherever they want handling Wakanda business.

They are doing John walker so well I think. The desperation and pressure just bubbling for 4 episodes. It completely felt natural that of course he would be pressured to juice up when he could. He wants a win, he needs a win, he wants people to respect his damn authority! After getting curbstomped by Ayo who was just "human" he was ready to take it.

Anyone else seeing any parallels to "Reign of the Supermen?" In particular, those who rise in Superman's place.
    -- Karli: the young person who rises in the wake of the fallen hero who might fill the role, and might mean well, but has questionable moral fortitude and came to their powers through a lab --> Superboy
    -- Sam: the person who completely embodies the heroism and ideals of the fallen hero, but is a regular human with tech not necessarily looking to take the hero's place --> Steel
    -- Bucky: The one who might seem like an ideal successor because of their power and ties to the fallen hero's past, but ... is a bit dark and dangerous --> Eradicator
    -- Walker: The one who has the look, quickly gains the accolades, but has none of the morality. Might actually end up being the complete opposite of the fallen hero --> Cyborg Superman

And of course the man who objects to everything the fallen hero was and represents. Justifies his actions as being for the benefit of mankind: Zemo --> Luthor

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Anyone else seeing any parallels to "Reign of the Supermen?" In particular, those who rise in Superman's place.
    -- Karli: the young person who rises in the wake of the fallen hero who might fill the role, and might mean well, but has questionable moral fortitude and came to their powers through a lab --> Superboy
    -- Sam: the person who completely embodies the heroism and ideals of the fallen hero, but is a regular human with tech not necessarily looking to take the hero's place --> Steel
    -- Bucky: The one who might seem like an ideal successor because of their power and ties to the fallen hero's past, but ... is a bit dark and dangerous --> Eradicator
    -- Walker: The one who has the look, quickly gains the accolades, but has none of the morality. Might actually end up being the complete opposite of the fallen hero --> Cyborg Superman

And of course the man who objects to everything the fallen hero was and represents. Justifies his actions as being for the benefit of mankind: Zemo --> Luthor
    Except this time one of the Supermen will actually get the job instead of the old one coming back to clean house .