Page 90 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2161
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    A lot of fans have condition themselves to hate Walker. At this point the character can find a cure for cancer and fans will still find a reason to hate his guts
    There's truth here.

Going to be honest, the more I think about the finale the more I think it might be more fun for Walker to show up and be an honest to goodness ally for Sam and Bucky, even in spite of their obvious reluctance to accept him. Show him still believing himself to be Cap and genuinely trying to be better. The ambiguity of the character has been the best part about him, and it would be a shame to flush it all and make him a pure antagonist. A broken, failed Cap who is trying to live up to the mantle, and maybe sometimes succeeding due to his values and skills and others failing due to his character flaws and hubris could be a lot more fun.

Though I definitely fall in the camp of those who think watching Sam and Buck thoroughly kick his ass would be a cathartic exercise. I'm just not sure if that's reason enough to suddenly toss aside the delicious complexity of the character they've managed to work with thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    There's truth here.

Going to be honest, the more I think about the finale the more I think it might be more fun for Walker to show up and be an honest to goodness ally for Sam and Bucky, even in spite of their obvious reluctance to accept him. Show him still believing himself to be Cap and genuinely trying to be better. The ambiguity of the character has been the best part about him, and it would be a shame to flush it all and make him a pure antagonist. A broken, failed Cap who is trying to live up to the mantle, and maybe sometimes succeeding due to his values and skills and others failing due to his character flaws and hubris could be a lot more fun.

Though I definitely fall in the camp of those who think watching Sam and Buck thoroughly kick his ass would be a cathartic exercise. I'm just not sure if that's reason enough to suddenly toss aside the delicious complexity of the character they've managed to work with thus far.
    I don't think Walker's going evil but he seems far too unhinged at this point for me to think he'll be a clean-cut ally for the duo by the end of things.

Especially when he's probably going to get upstaged by a new Captain America.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I feel that Walker will kill Karli to get back in the government's good graces and actually avenge Lamar.

I can't imagine Walker will be an ally - he most likely wants to kill Karli and Sam won't go for that.

I said this awhile ago, but I think it will come down to what Zemo said to Sam, "She will escalate to the point where you will have to kill her, or she will kill you." but Sam will find another way.

Boisterously Confused

Falcon and Bucky repeatedly referred to Cap as "gone." Is there anything MCU canonical that indicates Steve died, or are they just meaning "retired and in seclusion?"

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Falcon and Bucky repeatedly referred to Cap as "gone." Is there anything MCU canonical that indicates Steve died, or are they just meaning "retired and in seclusion?"
    I think the general public are under the impression he just kind of vanished after the battle with Thanos, while only Sam and Bucky (and maybe The Avengers) knowing for sure what happened.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Walker's going evil but he seems far too unhinged at this point for me to think he'll be a clean-cut ally for the duo by the end of things.

Especially when he's probably going to get upstaged by a new Captain America.
    I think there’s a few wildly different ways they could go with Walker now, based off how unhinged he is:

The Good - Walker ends up mostly contributing to the good fight, and perhaps simply earns back his redemption right here. I feel this is unlikely, based off how unhinged he is, and off the way it would reflect on Sam becoming Cap. (USAgent as a “lateral” move.)

The Tragic - Walker mostly tries to stay on the right path, but proves himself unworthy of the Cap mantle... but gets successfully talked down by Sam, surrenders, and begins some atonement. (USAgent is a downgrade, but still ultimately a heroic ID, one that might fit heroic Thunderbolts.)

The Bad - Walker goes full extremist, and has to get beaten down by Sam, and becomes a very antagonistic character from her on out under the Coontessa’s command. (USAgent is an “identity of denial”, he’s a “Nega-Cap” who fits onto either a more ambiguous Thunderbolts or just Dark Avengers.)

The Ugly - Walker goes full extremist, maybe fights Sam or maybe just kills the Flag Smashers, but comes out in the kind of twistedly “acceptable” shape that the Contessa can have him as a publicly acknowledged agent of her legitimate government organization, much to the consternation of Sam. (USAgent is very much a villainous member of the Dark Avengers.)
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

I'd like Sam to convince him of the error of his ways.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'd like Sam to convince him of the error of his ways.
    Same. We'll no doubt have plenty of action next episode, lets see empathy and understanding actually diffuse a situation

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Same. We'll no doubt have plenty of action next episode, lets see empathy and understanding actually diffuse a situation
    It would prove Sam's right and everyone else is wrong.

I think Sam might reach Karli, I'm less sure about John in the state he's in.

Ultimate Member

I think Sam might reach Karli, I'm less sure about John in the state he's in.
    well, John did reach out to Sam in the beginning, so maybe Sam can use that

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    well, John did reach out to Sam in the beginning, so maybe Sam can use that
    He was relatively sane back then.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

I don't think he's insane; just distraught and grieving. I think however Karli is dealt with will determine his path.

I would love if Sam managed to talk down everyone, except Karli, and tries to kill him from behind after the fight is over, only to be decapitated by Walker. Sam is horrified, but Walker tells him that this is sometimes what needs to happen...but not by Sam. He admits that Sam is more suited in the position of Cap, while he goes on his own path. Then he gets a call from Ross and Contessa.

That way, it's a lateral step down for his character. Because Karli was going for the kill, he gets to stay in the grey zone.

I'd love a more grey rivalry between Sam and Walker, moving forward. Two sides of the shield: the one that focuses on those being proteced vs the one that focuses on what they're defending against.

Ultimate Member

I think he was overwhelmed by just getting the SSS and losing his closest friend. After some time to calm down, he might realize otherwise