Page 67 of 145 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2161

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    ... Am I in the right thread ... ?
    Discussing overreach/extrajudicial killings? Yes, you're in the right thread as these things are part of the series and a big point being made.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I am a retired cop. She didn't mistake her gun for a taser. She is lying. What she probably did is draw her gun under stress then accidentally shoot the guy when she tensed up on the trigger which her finger shouldn't have been on. The probability of her mistaking her gun for a taser is probably equal to you mistaking your bottle of beer to a glass of wine.
    Her body cam apparently shows her going through what has been described to me as her department's entire, and correctly executed taser protocol, including warning the eventual victim that he would be tased, and alerting everyone present that she was firing her taser. She just did all of it with her service weapon drawn instead, which is what she actually fired. If she's lying about mistaking the gun for the taser, does that imply some kind of premeditation or ill intent? Everything I hear just adds more confusion to the mix.

This one is a head scratcher all around, to me. I've never even held a gun, though I have held a taser. I have absolutely no law enforcement or firearms experience. I'm going to defer to the knowledge of people that have some of either as best I can. But I have serious questions about this one. There's stuff in that case that just doesn't add up no matter which way I tumble it over in my brain. I really hope someone is able to offer up some kind of answers at some point, though I'm not holding my breath.

It is oddly timely, however, given some of the issues FaWS has been delving into. Can a system seemingly weighted against certain people actually act fairly at all?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Nevermind John Walker, who killed someone because his best friend had just been murdered, it doesn't help that a bunch of cops take on the logo of mass-murdering Frank Castle, The Punisher as their own. I'm not going to read it, but I hope that's in the article.
    Yeah, It’s fascinating how different they can coach Walker murdering Nico versus how they always handle Punisher by his very concept.

The fact that some authority figures want the Punisher to represent them and are likely to be irritated at Walker facing any consequences kind for proves the real world resonance.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Please don't. There is absolutely no way she made a mistake. Tasers are literal in day glo colors. Besides the weight, feel and being holstered on the other side specifically for this purpose. She's lying, period. Why would you even give her the benefit of the doubt???
    Because I can't imagine she would throw away 20 years on the force to kill some random traffic stop. Because people choke under pressure all the time, no matter how well trained, and our police aren't well trained at all.

Why would she shoot someone for a random traffic stop?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    It is oddly timely, however, given some of the issues FaWS has been delving into. Can a system seemingly weighted against certain people actually act fairly at all?
    I wouls assume no

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Her body cam apparently shows her going through what has been described to me as her department's entire, and correctly executed taser protocol, including warning the eventual victim that he would be tased, and alerting everyone present that she was firing her taser. She just did all of it with her service weapon drawn instead, which is what she actually fired. If she's lying about mistaking the gun for the taser, does that imply some kind of premeditation or ill intent? Everything I hear just adds more confusion to the mix.

This one is a head scratcher all around, to me. I've never even held a gun, though I have held a taser. I have absolutely no law enforcement or firearms experience. I'm going to defer to the knowledge of people that have some of either as best I can. But I have serious questions about this one. There's stuff in that case that just doesn't add up no matter which way I tumble it over in my brain. I really hope someone is able to offer up some kind of answers at some point, though I'm not holding my breath.

Unless she totally totally got tunnel vision and blacked out its almost impossible. She has 25 years on. A taser is on the weak side of the body, so the draw is not the same, it could almost possible be on her right thigh. But still the draw is not the same. She has drawn her gun thousands of times at the range. She knows that draw. She knows the feel, she knows the sights. Tasers basically have cartoon sights. I get what you are saying. But unless she had some massive dopamine rush into her brain that basically shut it down she knew she had her gun.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Because I can't imagine she would throw away 20 years on the force to kill some random traffic stop. Because people choke under pressure all the time, no matter how well trained, and our police aren't well trained at all.

Why would she shoot someone for a random traffic stop?
    She thought she could get away with it?

I wonder how that confrontation between Walker, Sam and Bucky will go.

Ultimate Member

Until it actually happens, I'm not sold on it being an actual confrontation. I think it would really make Walker look wrong if Sam did talk him down, proving he was wrong to interrupt Sam earlier

This show has done a lot of mirroring things that already happened in the MCU, A fight between Sam/Bucky and Walker mirrors Cap/Bucky and Iron Fight from Civil War. It will be a miracle if Walker gives up the Shield without a fight.

I'm still waiting for a "I could do this all day..."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Until it actually happens, I'm not sold on it being an actual confrontation. I think it would really make Walker look wrong if Sam did talk him down, proving he was wrong to interrupt Sam earlier
    I’m suspecting that the immediate confrontation will end with Walker peacefully agreeing to return to the US for discipline thanks to Sam... then have the Power Broker get revealed as one of Walker’s superiors, and give him the wrong kind of “pep talk” to make him take up the shield again, then have Sam have to both defeat *and* enlighten him. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Sam and Bucky take the original shield at this point, and Walker is given a replacement by the Broker.

Walker’s getting in that black USAgent costume at some point
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    To be honest sometimes his suit looks more black than blue. I wonder if that's deliberate.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I’m suspecting that the immediate confrontation will end with Walker peacefully agreeing to return to the US for discipline thanks to Sam... then have the Power Broker get revealed as one of Walker’s superiors, and give him the wrong kind of “pep talk” to make him take up the shield again, then have Sam have to both defeat *and* enlighten him. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Sam and Bucky take the original shield at this point, and Walker is given a replacement by the Broker.

I think John will go along with them, but then get the bad pep talk lime you said and get into a fight with the Flag smashers again.

Idk how Zemo fits into the finale

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest sometimes his suit looks more black than blue. I wonder if that's deliberate.
    I would be very surprised if the colour choice was not deliberate. A little darker and it would be the US Agent costume.