Page 139 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2161
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Iron Man? Starlord? A few others
    Idk why anyone would even care about this stuff

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I admit the apocalypse plotline was tonally jarring next to comical space adventure. Ideally they'd be separate movies. But that doesn't mean it wasn't better than the previous two in a lot of ways, or that the romance was one of the worst parts of those 2 movies
    Yeesh, am I the only one who liked the first Thor? I mean, Dark World sucked, but Thor one had many great scenes and development.

Ultimate Member

Yeesh, am I the only one who liked the first Thor? I mean, Dark World sucked, but Thor one had many great scenes and development.
    Thor 1 was good. Better than most of the other origin movies so far. Even DW had good moments.

Niffleheim

Iron Man? Starlord? A few others
    It is very easy to miss

Ultimate Member

All joking aside, I'm glad that Marvel has changed up the formula. Not every action movie needs a cliche romance if we get a better developed protagonist

Ultimate Member

All joking aside, I'm glad that Marvel has changed up the formula. Not every action movie needs a cliche romance if we get a better developed protagonist
    Yeah, I think it serves the MCU better to not be stuck with tropes and cliches

Niffleheim

To be honest I don't like love interests in my superhero movies but I don't like the idea that they should be entirely done away with

Like I want Bucky's story to be centered on love and in search of a love interest

Marvel should attempt a Romantic Comedy next or simply Mr. & Mrs Smith-esque kind of story or movie for Winter Soldier.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    This is too ambiguous to actually be seen as Sam questioning Steve's legacy. It can mean a lot of things that have nothing to do with Steve but has something to do with a black man carrying a shield that was owned by Captain America.
    You can’t separate Steve Rodgers from captain America. You just can’t. Steve Rogers is captain America period. Keep in mind this is right after his conversation with Isaiah. It’s clear what he’s saying is the legacy of “captain America” is complicated because of the US government’s actions toward Isaiah and his all black squad which lead to them dying and Isaiah himself being tortured to recreate the super serum. After that Bucky tells Sam neither him nor Steve understood how a black man would feel about being handed the shield. So I really don’t see how it can be interpreted any other way

When did this happen? A lot of things contributed in Sam reclaiming that shield and Sarah was the least influencer in him coming to that decision. I don't know where you're getting this.
    I think either episode 4 or 5 when Sarah tells him to be what he wants to be and not let others tell him what to be

Since I didn't see it i'm not going to waste my time thinking about something that is not canon.
    And since the mcu never showed Sam having an issue with captain America’s legacy or linking it to the actions of the us government like Jim Crow laws or whatever I’m going to assume the show broke continuity

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    So that sounds like you're agreeing you're incorrect on this point.
    How am I incorrect? Why would it be wrong for Steve Rogers to oppose racism and have the topic never come up?

Like for example sam gets approached by two policemen in the show. You’re telling that was his first time being profiled? You’re telling me Steve in the couple of years knowing Sam and being good friends wouldn’t have witnessed a situation like that?
    Last edited by Dboi2001; 05-15-2021 at 06:46 PM.

Ultimate Member

To be honest I don't like love interests in my superhero movies but I don't like the idea that they should be entirely done away with

Like I want Bucky's story to be centered on love and in search of a love interest

Marvel should attempt a Romantic Comedy next or simply Mr. & Mrs Smith-esque kind of story or movie for Winter Soldier.
    I feel like Bucky is the last guy who'd be in a romance.

Anyway, I don't think it should be totally done away with either, but I don't have a problem if there is no romance anymore, unless maybe they had an interracial romance for purposes of representation. However, I'd want any romance to be done right, and not just dropped for no reason.

Niffleheim

I feel like Bucky is the last guy who'd be in a romance.
    That's the whole point for doing it. He hasn't been dating for decades so the opportunities for comedy and socializing him to the modern interaction between genders should be entertaining fodder for the audience
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-15-2021 at 07:11 PM.

Ultimate Member

That's the whole point for doing it. He hasn't been dating for decades so the opportunities for comedy and socializing him to the modern interaction between genders should be entertaining fodder for the audience
    I meant more that he's not really totally mentally ready now. But maybe by his next appearance. Anyway, I'm not sure who he'd be romantically involved with

I meant more that he's not really totally mentally ready now. But maybe by his next appearance. Anyway, I'm not sure who he'd be romantically involved with
    I've read a lot of fanfics. Trust me there are a lot of options. .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I've read a lot of fanfics. Trust me there are a lot of options. .
    If you put it that way. Idk when he'll be interacting with other Avengers. So far Marvel has kept a tight lid on that info

If you put it that way. Idk when he'll be interacting with other Avengers. So far Marvel has kept a tight lid on that info
    Probably Cap 4 or Avengers 5. Whichever happens first.