Page 69 of 145 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2161

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    One point about "there was never another Steve Rogers" and that whole conversation. The thing about Steve that explains why Zemo's theory doesn't apply to Steve is that Steve never wanted power. He never wanted to be a super soldier, he just wanted to be a soldier - like everyone else - and this was the only shot they were giving him. He'd have been happy to just be himself and serve overseas.

It's also relevant that I don't think Steve ever said anything about serving his country or fighting for democracy... abstract concepts. He doesn't like bullies (i.e. people who wield power to belittle others) and he felt he had no right to be at home when others were laying down their lives. Steve believes in people, not flags. He won that ride with Peggy not by climbing over others up to the flag, but by bringing it down.
    Wow, well said. I had not considered the symbolism of the way he got the flag until now. This kind of stuff is why I really love TFA, it really fleshes out Steve as a character and shows how he ticks. Still wish the other two CA movies had been more about Steve, rather than a Shield movie and an Avengers movie. Its like Steve actually never left the ice, figuratively speaking, after TFA. But like everyone else I loved both movies for what they were.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Wow, well said. I had not considered the symbolism of the way he got the flag until now. This kind of stuff is why I really love TFA, it really fleshes out Steve as a character and shows how he ticks. Still wish the other two CA movies had been more about Steve, rather than a Shield movie and an Avengers movie. Its like Steve actually never left the ice, figuratively speaking, after TFA. But like everyone else I loved both movies for what they were.
    A 3rd Captain America movie proper would've been good. I actually would've like to have seen him interact with US Agent, Battlestar and Isaiah Bradley

Extraordinary Member

So, at minimum, we’re getting Bucky vs Walker this week.

Also, though... the old due from the first episode who thanked Sam for the shield and introduced Walker is back. He’s still my favorite for Power Broker if they’re going with a simple “he’s the mastermind who can’t afford to be revealed” idea behind him. Sharon is still the favorite to a lot of people, but I still think it’ll turn out she’d just undercover.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The Global Repatriation Council is clearly the real villain.
    I assume/hope we will get to see a lot fleshed out about the Power Broker and the GRC relatively soon. If they aren't explicitly working together, it seems like they are both tugging at threads, with the similar goals to unravel and destabilize the world, cause chaos and seize power for themselves.

I am thinking we will discover that while many lower-level people working for the GRC want to do good, the higher ups are content limiting and choking off assets, outright hurting people, perhaps those they deem inferior, as a way to try seize property.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

So, at minimum, we’re getting Bucky vs Walker this week.

Also, though... the old due from the first episode who thanked Sam for the shield and introduced Walker is back. He’s still my favorite for Power Broker if they’re going with a simple “he’s the mastermind who can’t afford to be revealed” idea behind him. Sharon is still the favorite to a lot of people, but I still think it’ll turn out she’d just undercover.
    The choice of John Walker, presumably by the old dude/government official or part of his cabal (GRC or Power Broker?), seems like a purposefully diabolical decision.

On the surface, a war hero (three times over), who is in peak regular human conditioning, willing to do whatever he can to complete a mission while also protecting his fellow soldiers seems ideal.

But it is also very clear that Walker is suffering from PTSD, is imbalanced and his medals came at great personal cost. I assume he would have preferred to be the one to die while his fellow soldiers survived. Any time he loses someone now, it probably causes a complete psychotic break.

There is no way Walker should have been selected to be the new Cap based on his current mental issues. Taking the shield from Sam, in order to give it to Walker and cause people to lose trust in everything Steve built, definitely helps people like the Power Broker, GRC, etc. People have no idea who or what they can trust and it fractures society even further.

I honestly wonder if Bucky's psychologist is either directly involved or if we find out she was also counseling Walker and the government (illegally) accessed her files to set Walker up as a patsy?

I really can't hate on Walker, he was placed in an impossible situation. He seemingly wasn't ready to go back into regular military action, let alone equipped to try to replace the greatest soldier in history.

In the end, I hope we get to see Sam take on and embrace the shield. Meanwhile Bucky, who admittedly knows crazy/PTSD, should have some compassion for Walker's mental issues, losing soldiers and friends, etc. and convince him to get help so he can start redeeming himself and transition to U.S. Agent or, even better, Nomad. Let Walker distance himself from the government as Nomad and just do what is right.

I am seeing some traction to a theory that Fisk is the Power Broker.

I would love that but think that is highly unlikely.

Thoughts?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

I still don't know if Sam should take the shield himself. Him saying "no" was IMO the first decision he made where he didn't just immediately agree with Steve. He's finally becoming his own hero, and it seems a lot of common sentiment is he can only continue in the MCU if he undoes that

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I'd hate it if Sharon was the Power Broker. Haven't they done enough to this character?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I still don't know if Sam should take the shield himself. Him saying "no" was IMO the first decision he made where he didn't just immediately agree with Steve. He's finally becoming his own hero, and it seems a lot of common sentiment is he can only continue in the MCU if he undoes that
    He could very well become his own her as his own version of Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Thoughts?
    Madripoor is definitely a viable way to introduce Fisk. My only hesitancy with that approach is that he is not really a Captain America or Falcon villain. He'd make much more sense being introduced in the next incarnation of Daredevil or even in Spidey's world.

Maybe the Power Broker is a resurrected Baron Strucker, haha!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He could very well become his own her as his own version of Cap.
    I guess I like him as Falcon more. It's a unique identity (so far in the MCU at least). He shouldn't need to wrap himself in the American flag to succeed Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Madripoor is definitely a viable way to introduce Fisk. My only hesitancy with that approach is that he is not really a Captain America or Falcon villain. He'd make much more sense being introduced in the next incarnation of Daredevil or even in Spidey's world.

Maybe the Power Broker is Baron Strucker, haha!
    I've heard elsewhere Samuel Sterns as a suggestion

I've heard elsewhere Samuel Sterns as a suggestion
    I love me some Tim Blake Nelson, but with all the focus on super soldiers, gamma enhanced people seems a bit out of left field. I'd also want him re-introduced in "She-Hulk" rather than here - it just makes more sense.

Boisterously Confused

I get ya, and I agree. Sam should always have been his own thing. Not anybody's legacy or whatever, and that goes for both comics and MCU.

That ship, unfortunately, has sailed. In both media.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I love me some Tim Blake Nelson, but with all the focus on super soldiers, gamma enhanced people seems a bit out of left field. I'd also want him re-introduced in "She-Hulk" rather than here - it just makes more sense.
    Maybe Sterns could appear in a post credits scene as a connection between thr Power broker and other MCU

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I get ya, and I agree. Sam should always have been his own thing. Not anybody's legacy or whatever, and that goes for both comics and MCU.

That ship, unfortunately, has sailed. In both media.
    Idk. I think he still has a chance in the MCU

What's odd to me is Falcon isn't even based on Cap's template. He's a different power set and design.

What's odd to me is Falcon isn't even based on Cap's template. He's a different power set and design.
    Sam's just a good man. That's the only template. The fact that they have nothing else in common is almost the point.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Thoughts?
    Fisk would seem kind of misplaced in this branch of the Marvel Universe. I think someone like Karl Malus is more likely.