Page 135 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2161
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    It's not anything like the Palpatine reveal. It's not a huge leap in logic that a black man in America would care about racial issues. There doesn't need to be build up to that, especially since it doesn't contradict anything. It's not as if Sam was against any discussions of race previously.
    I think the poster's issue is since the perspective on race wasn't introduced in Steve Rodger's movies then why is it now? Also because of its introduction it is besmirching Steve's legacy or trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I think the poster's issue is since the perspective on race wasn't introduced in Steve Rodger's movies then why is it now? Also because of its introduction it is besmirching Steve's legacy or trilogy.
    They specifically call it a "change in personality/character element." So I'm pretty sure what they're saying.

And even if you were correct, that's still pretty ridiculous because one doesn't have to constantly be talking about racial issues for them to be important to them. I don't bring up race at my job 24/7 but that doesn't mean it's irrelevant to me. It's a completely dumb complaint, either way it goes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Because the movies didn't focus on it because racial issues weren't part of the plot. Like how Wanda's origins weren't shown in the movies. That IMO was a bigger oversight. Anyway, why wouldn't racial issues come up at some point for an African-American hero? And as for Steve, he came from a racist era. It's unbelievable the government wouldn't do something like that, from what we know it did in real life

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Because the movies didn't focus on it because racial issues weren't part of the plot. Like how Wanda's origins weren't shown in the movies. That IMO was a bigger oversight. Anyway, why wouldn't racial issues come up at some point for an African-American hero? And as for Steve, he came from a racist era. It's unbelievable the government wouldn't do something like that, from what we know it did in real life
    Wait, weren't you just wishing that romantic issues should not be part of these movies/shows? Because that's a huge issue for anyone of any race.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Wait, weren't you just wishing that romantic issues should not be part of these movies/shows? Because that's a huge issue for anyone of any race.
    I don't follow.

Incredible Member

It's not anything like the Palpatine reveal. It's not a huge leap in logic that a black man in America would care about racial issues. There doesn't need to be build up to that, especially since it doesn't contradict anything. It's not as if Sam was against any discussions of race previously.
    it’s not a leap Sam would care about racial issue but it is a leap that he would go from happily accepting captain america’s legacy to questioning it

Again Sam should know what Isaiah was saying was bullshit since he is everything Isaiah wasn’t. He broke the law yet was hailed as a hero unlike Isaiah. It’s also hard to imagine Steve never discussed racial issues with Sam as well but according to the show apparently Steve is just ignorant.

Incredible Member

so what Steve grew up in a racist era i’d say that’s make him even more against racism since his whole character is he hates bullies and prejudice

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    it’s not a leap Sam would care about racial issue but it is a leap that he would go from happily accepting captain america’s legacy to questioning it

Again Sam should know what Isaiah was saying was bullshit since he is everything Isaiah wasn’t. He broke the law yet was hailed as a hero unlike Isaiah. It’s also hard to imagine Steve never discussed racial issues with Sam as well but according to the show apparently Steve is just ignorant.
    Sam didn't accept at the end of Endgame, and it was like a 3-minute scene, where he said "It feels like someone else's shield."

Ultimate Member

so what Steve grew up in a racist era i’d say that’s make him even more against racism since his whole character is he hates bullies and prejudice
    I'm saying he'd probably not understand racism as well as a Black man of any era.

Incredible Member

also is it a huge logical leap that palpatine had a son especially since in the EU he had numerous concubines so the idea isn’t anything new?

BANNED

I don't follow.
    Why wouldn't romantic issues come up for a hero of any race or gender? Like racial issues for a POC?

Ultimate Member

also is it a huge logical leap that palpatine had a son especially since in the EU he had numerous concubines so the idea isn’t anything new?
    Was that stated in the actual canon?

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Why wouldn't romantic issues come up for a hero of any race or gender? Like racial issues for a POC?
    How does that relate to anything I've said?

Incredible Member

Sam didn't accept at the end of Endgame, and it was like a 3-minute scene, where he said "It feels like someone else's shield."
    He also said ‘I’ll do my best’. He didn’t say “I’m not sure a black man can fill your legacy” or anything like that

I'm saying he'd probably not understand racism as well as a Black man of any era.
    I’d think Steve would be the most empathic. Again his character and why he became Captain America was simply because he hated bullies. Considering he had a black and asian soldier in his squad this would be emphasized more so. You’re telling me that social issues never came up between Sam and Steve?

Also in 616 Steve’s parents were irish and poor because of discrimination. Obviously the movies never specify Steve’s family or heritage but the idea steve can’t understand racism just isn’t true

BANNED

Anyway, why wouldn't racial issues come up at some point for an African-American hero?

How does that relate to anything I've said?
    Like that.

Incredible Member

Was that stated in the actual canon?
    Was it ever stated in the mcu movies that Sam felt the legacy of captain america was complicated?

if you mean was it states in the movies no but at the same time the emperor had only 10 minutes of screen time in the OT. Still when the EU resurrected Palpy and introduced Mara Jade as his former servant people didn’t really care

My issue isn’t sam suddenly caring about racial issues my issue is him deciding now that captain america’s legacy is complicated. Even before he knew about Isaiah again t hulk was a result of captain america so that should complicate his legacy far more