Page 56 of 145 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Only 2 episodes left. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to team up with the power broker or something.
    I think it's quite possible he goes after Isaiah. While the other heroes are preoccupied, then maybe Eli gets hurt trying to defend Isaiah

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think it's quite possible he goes after Isaiah. While the other heroes are preoccupied, then maybe Eli gets hurt trying to defend Isaiah
    I was thinking something like that too will we see Eli needing to get a blood transfusion in this? After credit scene or something. And pick it up in Young avengers or somewhere else down the line.

I would actually like to see that cinematically not just be told he got it off screen.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I was thinking something like that too will we see Eli needing to get a blood transfusion in this? After credit scene or something. And pick it up in Young avengers or somewhere else down the line.

I would actually like to see that cinematically not just be told he got it off screen.
    Yeah, I want to see it on screen too. I think that's where it's going

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Both Walker and Karli have this in common they both dealt with loss by escalating.

So after seeing her second in command/buddy get Baron Blood'ed I expect her to do something even more messed up.
    It did seem like for all her talk Karli hadn't intended to kill Battlestar. I guess because the plan was to kill Walker as captain America, but I also don't think she was prepared to unintentionally kill someone like that.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well I think Lamar (RIP) had a point. It makes you more of what you already are. For some bizarre reason everyone who tries to replicate the formula keep skipping that part. Find more guys who are willing to jump on a live grenade, like Steve, than people who already good at what they do, like Walker (or Blonsky).
    I'm glad the series remembered this point about the serum as that's how it was established in First Avenger. It's just an easy detail to forget.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well I think Lamar (RIP) had a point. It makes you more of what you already are. For some bizarre reason everyone who tries to replicate the formula keep skipping that part. Find more guys who are willing to jump on a live grenade, like Steve, than people who already good at what they do, like Walker (or Blonsky).

See above. We'll actually never know until someone actually finds Steve 2.0 and gives it to him (or her) and they STILL turn into a Walker.
    Also, I found that conversation Walker and Hoskins had was interesting. Everybody think that his actions in Afghanistan was heroic, and that partly makes him worthy of the shield.

But John didn't think so. I mean US involvement in Afghanistan was always sketchy at best. And he may not making the right decisions in that time.
    But also need to consider that Steve emerged on a simpler time. When he was only challenged when he's already a fully formed Captain America. Who knows whether he'll make the same decisions when he was put in the same situation as Walker in Afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Karli's just kind of funny to me.

"This is the only language they understand."

"But they just did the complete opposite of what we wanted them to do."

"Uh..."

Oh, and threatening Sam's sister and kids and then saying she didn't mean it. C'mon .

Then again, I don't remember the male Flag-Smasher in the comics being the brightest tool in the shed.
    That stuff isn't on the character, That is bad writing the Flag smashers have had clear consistent code . Karli killing the people is to clearly make her "bad guy" and writers don't have deal with her being right anymore. You can't do a superhero show where you heroes are all the way wrong. And it is hard as hell to write a big hero vs bad guy conflict ending where they fight flag smashers without making them "bad". Bombing that building with people tied inside and going "This is the only language they understand" that is only time in this show they have acted like that. Flash smasher have shown they will only hurt people who directly confront them and their actions in bombing is trope where the sympathetic antagonist has to do something bad so the show can have plain ole bad guy.

Ultimate Member

It did seem like for all her talk Karli hadn't intended to kill Battlestar. I guess because the plan was to kill Walker as captain America, but I also don't think she was prepared to unintentionally kill someone like that.
    I think the Flagsmashers were geared up to kill Walker, and only Walker. The entire fight stopped when it became apparent that Lamar was dead.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    That stuff isn't on the character, That is bad writing the Flag smashers have had clear consistent code . Karli killing the people is to clearly make her "bad guy" and writers don't have deal with her being right anymore. You can't do a superhero show where you heroes are all the way wrong. And it is hard as hell to write a big hero vs bad guy conflict ending where they fight flag smashers without making them "bad". Bombing that building with people tied inside and going "This is the only language they understand" that is only time in this show they have acted like that. Flash smasher have shown they will only hurt people who directly confront them and their actions in bombing is trope where the sympathetic antagonist has to do something bad so the show can have plain ole bad guy.
    Maybe the revolutionaries should've been the heroes then. This has always been the problem to me with "sympathetic villains"

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It worked fine the same way Walker's serum worked fine :P

I wonder if they're going to establish that power corrupts, or if the serum has unhinged him.
    Not saying this is what's going on, but just a thought: out of everybody we've seen get the SSS, Cap was the only one who was treated with vita-rays and the only one (with the possible exception of Isaiah), who didn't go a bit loopy. For a while, the comics held that Nomad Jack Monroe, and Crazy 50s Cap, went 'round the bend because they took the SSS without vita-ray.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Not saying this is what's going on, but just a thought: out of everybody we've seen get the SSS, Cap was the only one who was treated with vita-rays and the only one (with the possible exception of Isaiah), who didn't go a bit loopy. For a while, the comics held that Nomad Jack Monroe, and Crazy 50s Cap, went 'round the bend because they took the SSS without vita-ray.
    Red Skull went through the same procedure as Steve and look at how he turned out.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Red Skull went through the same procedure as Steve and look at how he turned out.
    Erskein said explicitly that was an unperfected prototype of what he used on Steve.

Extraordinary Member

Karli's just kind of funny to me.

"This is the only language they understand."

"But they just did the complete opposite of what we wanted them to do."

"Uh..."

Oh, and threatening Sam's sister and kids and then saying she didn't mean it. C'mon .

Then again, I don't remember the male Flag-Smasher in the comics being the brightest tool in the shed.
    On the other hand, there's ARE real world examples of that kind of thinking. Or were.

The Weathermen/Weather Underground immediately come my mind but it's been decades since anti establishment radicals verifiably did things like rob banks and bomb Government institutions (or in the Weathermen's case more like attempt and fail to do those things) to attempt to get thier message across.

It's kind of a shame. The Netflix Marvel series got bashed for being too long but we could use an extra flashback episode here to get Karli's actual backstory to make better sense of her as a character ( and another one for Walker and Lemar while we are at it).

I think we are just meant to infer that Karli and Co were repatriated ex-refugees that finally found honest employment and homes during the Blip, then ended up as goons in Madripoor after getting kicked out of thier new homes post Blip. You can see how there would be constant demand for dumb muscle in Mardipoor, where even Club Owners have henchmen gangs.

They were probably MEANT to be Power Brokers personal Superhuman Goon Squad, But they had thier own axes to grind and left and took the SS Serum with them instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    On the other hand, there's ARE real world examples of that kind of thinking. Or were.

The Weathermen/Weather Underground immediately come my mind but it's been decades since anti establishment radicals verifiably did things like rob banks and bomb Government institutions (or in the Weathermen's case more like attempt and fail to do those things) to attempt to get thier message across.

It's kind of a shame. The Netflix Marvel series got bashed for being too long but we could use an extra flashback episode here to get Karli's actual backstory to make better sense of her as a character ( and another one for Walker and Lemar while we are at it).

I think we are just meant to infer that Karli and Co were repatriated ex-refugees that finally found honest employment and homes during the Blip, then ended up as goons in Madripoor after getting kicked out of thier new homes post Blip. You can see how there would be constant demand for dumb muscle in Mardipoor, where even Club Owners have henchmen gangs.

They were probably MEANT to be Power Brokers personal Superhuman Goon Squad, But they had thier own axes to grind and left and took the SS Serum with them instead.
    I don't think Karli is from Madripoor.

Ultimate Member

Maybe 10 episodes would be an ideal amount