Page 74 of 145 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2161
    three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i havent speculated as much with this show or the power broker since the wandavision payoff was lacking

but id still like a big reveal, even if it was just a setup for a later show/movie

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    i havent speculated as much with this show or the power broker since the wandavision payoff was lacking

but id still like a big reveal, even if it was just a setup for a later show/movie
    The PB is a fairly minor villain in the comics anyway, so idk if he even really matters in the end

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    The PB is a fairly minor villain in the comics anyway, so idk if he even really matters in the end
    i figure they can subsume him the way bucky did with white wolf

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    i figure they can subsume him the way bucky did with white wolf
    That's possible. If this show connects to others, he might be a bigger villain or working for one. Idk how that'll be resolved by episode 6

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The scene with Sam and Isaiah hit so goddamn hard. I want more of that in future MCU shows.

The way that Walker has been used in this series is master class. I'm sympathetic to him while also disliking him. His entitlement gotta lead to some dark times. I hope that great value shield he's making falls apart when he throws it for the first time.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 04-16-2021 at 09:13 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The scene with Sam and Isaiah hit so goddamn hard. I want more of that in future MCU shows.

The way that Walker has been used in this series is master class. I'm sympathetic to him while also disliking him. His entitlement gotta lead to some dark times. I hope that great value shield he's making falls apart when he throws it for the first time.
    I hope he at least acknowledges what he did was wrong, and why he's been kicked out

Astonishing Member

I thought this episode was extremely powerful and well written. Every episode doesnt need 25 minutes of knock down drag out fights with choreography and explosions to be effective and impactful. The opening consequences and Walker takedown was fantastic all the way through.

Revisiting the Isaiah thread had to happen and it was extremely well done here. You get to Sam's need to fully understand the hidden history and dark bitterness of what the United States did to this man and his life. It has powerful meaning and real life implications and parallels obviously that are not just used as a token "woke message".

They tie them into the valid choices Sam is grappling with in being handed a mantle by a man who could never understand those implications for Sam as a black man. That doesnt change Steve's character at all. He didn't know or realize how it would be for Sam. That doesn't mean he would make a different choice either passing the shield on to Sam.

The Bucky and Sam bonding moments in Louisiana were amazing. This was the quality time they needed to bond and relate to one another as individuals outside of having it be about Steve. Now you can see that they truly made the progress they started to make in episode 2 in the therapy session. Bucky started digging deep there and allowing Sam into the inner workings of whats happening with him. But, here we see Sam letting Bucky into his inner life and feelings as well. Bucky apologizes for not seeing the additional struggle being a black man taking on the role of Captain America would mean. That was really deep. You could really feel the connection in those scenes. Not just their usual comedic banter, but the familial, friendly developments of understanding each other on a much deeper level. I loved that.

I haven't seen reactions yet but I can imagine the Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine intro to be lackluster to some people who were getting "Myphisto" level hype. I don't follow that side of Marvel enough to be familiar with her to be honest. Or to be jump out of my seat excited. So I will let that build as it does. I am glad they kept Walker around though. Wyatt is doing an excellent job with him and there is no reason we shouldn't see more US Agent elsewhere in the MCU. Its great casting and a great origin story so far.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

Yeah, I actually really feel for Walker.

He's not a bad guy, he's a guy that's just a little over his head.

But his heart's in the right place.

Random thoughts on Ep 5:
    -- A had a feeling this ep would be divisive between those who think this ep was too slow and those who love it for the characterization and how it addresses the real issues that are at the heart of this series.
    -- Man, John really just started using that finishing blow as his go-to move, didn't he?
    -- As good a negotiator Sam was last ep with Karli, he really messed up with Walker asking for the shield. I knew the second he said it, that was not going to land well.
    -- Zemo's scene was anti-climactic. As much as I tried avoiding trailers and spoilers, I know they had released the scene of Bucky dropping the bullets, which really took the steam out of this scene. And Zemo knew he was coming - was his escape last ep just so he could go visit the memorial? I was surprised the Dora Milaje were taking him to the Raft. You'd think they'd take him to Wakanda so they can dispense justice. (and before anyone says it's a diplomatic thing, they didn't seem to care for jurisdiction last ep, so...)
    -- It's cool to see the Contessa, but they really had us thinking it would be something big. I don't like that she has a purple streak - we all know how Marvel likes using purple to signify bad guys. I also can't take her very seriously since she comes across to me as Selina Meyer with a purple streak. My first thought was Milla Jovovich would've been better. It'd be ironic I guess (especially if she has a history with Nick) if she's the one assembling the "Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts" team. Could she be the Power Broker? And Sharon works for her?
    -- Speaking of Sharon, I wonder if she was talking to Batroc and is paying him double to actually work against the Flag-Smashers and help Sam. That would explain his initial reticence over the phone, but money talks... (and I don't expect Sharon to be a bad guy - if anything, everyone is kinda grey on this show)
    -- You're gonna need a montage....

Ultimate Member

Did anyone not get the whole spoilers:
    "don't flirt with my sister"
    end of spoilers business?

BANNED

I guess we know who the Power Broker is now, at least. Not sure it's a great choice, but we'll see how it plays out. The motivation is clearly there, I'm not sure about the means. I trust they have it figured out though.

Thinking about it more, it's also interesting, perhaps unoriginal, that PB's motivations are so similar to Zemo's. We'll have to see how that plays out as well.
    Last edited by green_garnish; 04-16-2021 at 10:25 AM.

It was a comedic gag. Sam is overprotective of his sister. He thought Bucky was flirting with her or vice versa. The actress did change a little when Bucky talks to her. I just figured she thought he was attractive or just being nice.

The joke is Sam making a mountain out of a molehill.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-16-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Eh, it was just a bit of levity.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It was a comedic gag. Sam is overprotective of his sister. He thought Bucky was flirting with her or vice versa. The actress did change a little when Bucky talks to her. I just figured she thought he was attractive or just being nice.

The joke is Sam making a mountain out of a molehill.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Eh, it was just a bit of levity.
    I guess so. I've just never liked that kind of overprotective stuff.

Ultimate Member

Seems to be standard dialogue in a buddy series/movie when one character has a sister.