Page 125 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2161

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Minor disagreement.

Marvel villains die because their evil has to be answered in turn. Hela, Ultron et all loved to kick themselves some puppies. They had to get crotch kicked by karma.

Doing the same to Loki and Zemo, who were sympathetic, would seem like overkill. Zemo had lost his family, while Loki returns home in disgrace. Death isn't the same punishment for them that it is for others.
    I mean, sympathetic to a point. I feel like their likeability and motivations kind of downplay how terrible the stuff they do is.

Mighty Member

Minor disagreement.

Marvel villains die because their evil has to be answered in turn. Hela, Ultron et all loved to kick themselves some puppies. They had to get crotch kicked by karma.

Doing the same to Loki and Zemo, who were sympathetic, would seem like overkill. Zemo had lost his family, while Loki returns home in disgrace. Death isn't the same punishment for them that it is for others.
    More, I would argue that Zemo surviving Civil War was the HARSHER punishment available, and is part of why T'Challa spares him. Zemo wanted to die, to be reunited with his family. Denying him that hits so much harder than just killing him off, and dovetails nicely with T'Challa's choice to break the cycle of vengeance and violence that are one theme of the film.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, sympathetic to a point. I feel like their likeability and motivations kind of downplay how terrible the stuff they do is.
    Just look at Loki

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well, it stems from them supposedly not caring about his family. Although they've saved the world several times over, so his attitude seems baseless to me
    It fairness, his family died in a situation the Avengers instigated. Even after all the harm Ultron did, they were still regarded as heroes

Ultimate Member

It fairness, his family died in a situation the Avengers instigated. Even after all the harm Ultron did, they were still regarded as heroes
    It's true, the Avengers were responsible, at least Tony and Bruce were, although I thought the Mind Stone created Ultron. But Zemo's focus seems myopic, possibly due to his family dying

Ultimate Member

It's true, the Avengers were responsible, at least Tony and Bruce were, although I thought the Mind Stone created Ultron. But Zemo's focus seems myopic, possibly due to his family dying
    Ultron was likely a plant inside the mind stone. But the Avengers' carelessness did allow him out.

Really wish they would establish what the public knows about that incident, lol

Ultron was likely a plant inside the mind stone. But the Avengers' carelessness did allow him out.

What people know about movie events seems predicated on what the plot needs them to know. Like how everyone in WandaVision apparently watched Avengers Endgame.

BANNED

Ultron was likely a plant inside the mind stone.
    I've read this several times and I can't figure out what it means. Can you elaborate for a dumbass like me?

Ultimate Member

Yeah, the Avengers were careless, despite saving everyone in AoU, then civil war tried to deal with that, then somehow that was bad or something

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What people know about movie events seems predicated on what the plot needs them to know. Like how everyone in WandaVision apparently watched Avengers Endgame.
    Everyone knowing what happened isn't surprising, why would the Avengers cover it up?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I've read this several times and I can't figure out what it means. Can you elaborate for a dumbass like me?
    Ultron was put in the mind stone by Thanos, most likely. They shared the same goals, after all

Ultimate Member

Yeah, the Avengers were careless, despite saving everyone in AoU, then civil war tried to deal with that, then somehow that was bad or something
    They didn't save everyone, though. Zemo's family, for one thing, and that state department kid, whoever was around him, etc.

The Avengers did the best they could, mind. But they did provoke the situation and remained as celebs after. Zemo's pain is easy to understand.

BANNED

Ultron was put in the mind stone by Thanos, most likely. They shared the same goals, after all
    Aside from the 50% thing I guess. I like Wanda's explanation of Ultron's motivations better.

Ultimate Member

They didn't save everyone, though. Zemo's family, for one thing, and that state department kid, whoever was around him, etc.

The Avengers did the best they could, mind. But they did provoke the situation and remained as celebs after. Zemo's pain is easy to understand.
    I understand Zemo's pain. I was jusr making a jab at AoU for supposedly making a jab at MoS

But anyway, Zemo's pain makes sense, but because he's the bad guy, nothing really changes

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Aside from the 50% thing I guess. I like Wanda's explanation of Ultron's motivations better.
    What explanation? AoU barely explained anything about Ultron's motivations