Page 106 of 145 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2161

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    btw I think some people are misunderstanding that they are supposed to side with Karli. the point is just that she had a point, but her actions have gone overboard and she's gotten radicalized at this point. Zemo and Walker were actually right about her compared to Sam and Bucky, as she was about to shoot Sam there if Sharon hadn't shot her first. and for those who are gonna say "maybe she wasn't going to actually shoot", she had that tense and tight expression of someone who was gonna shoot and didn't start lowering her arm like in all those other movies/shows that has the villain stand down before being killed by someone else. admirable for Sam to try but he was wrong that she would stop.

though in defense for Sam and to add more on the purpose of Karli's character, the statement he made to the senator there wasn't that Karli was right(which I see that some people are interpreting) but that if the govt keeps being selfish then it would cause more people like Karli to surface. I think people also missed that that scene wasn't just about the whole race thing and attacking the govt but also to make the flag smasher supporters stand down, notice that the scene after it was done has a flag smasher left on the ground in the middle of a crowd to show that their cause was weakened.
    I feel like people would've understood that more had Karli not gotten more and more deranged and villainous by the end of the show.

I mean, I get why they did it, but it just kind of undermined the Flag-Smashers to the audience. She didn't become as cartoonishly evil as Hayward, but it kind of felt the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    My only issue with Sharon is that whole business of her skull-thumping all those dudes in the container yard now makes no sense at all.

They did with Isaiah what I fervently hoped they would not: gave him a closure unworthy of his pain.
    I wouldn't say closure, but the potential beginning of a healing process.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    MCU is not beholden to the comics. If they want to give Peggy greater importance to Cap than the comic than why not?
    Hayley Atwell pulled a Fonzie or a Steve Urkel with Agent Carter. That is all.

Sometimes a member of a ensemble cast becomes really popular with fans for whatever reason and the producers change the show accordingly. Or movies in this case.

The fact that there is going to be a What If episode featuring Peggy Carter as Captain Britain tells you how much impact that character and the actress has with fans of the MCU now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Hayley Atwell pulled a Fonzie or a Steve Urkel with Agent Carter. That is all.

Sometimes a member of a ensemble cast becomes really popular with fans for whatever reason and the producers change the show accordingly. Or movies in this case.

The fact that there is going to be a What If episode featuring Peggy Carter as Captain Britain tells you how much impact that character and the actress has with fans of the MCU now.
    I wonder if there's a world where Peggy and Sharon get to be kick-butt, awesome women and female leads in their respective movies without one needing to fade in prominence over the other.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if there's a world where Peggy and Sharon get to be kick-butt, awesome women and female leads in their respective movies without one needing to fade in prominence over the other.
    Female heroes not in competition with one another! Keep dreaming!

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

Captain America 4' in the Works With 'Falcon and the Winter Soldier' Showrunner Malcolm Spellman

I am pleasantly surprised with this news one of the thing that bothered me the most Sam suit felt a little bit cheap. So I am happy that his next showing will be on the big screen where they will put more money into his costume and making everything about it look right.

US agent and Falcon hold down the sequel on Disney plus
    Is that the plan? That would be an interesting team up, and would make things more interesting, if Walker were to join the Thunderbolts.

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    btw I think some people are misunderstanding that they are supposed to side with Karli. the point is just that she had a point, but her actions have gone overboard and she's gotten radicalized at this point. Zemo and Walker were actually right about her compared to Sam and Bucky, as she was about to shoot Sam there if Sharon hadn't shot her first. and for those who are gonna say "maybe she wasn't going to actually shoot", she had that tense and tight expression of someone who was gonna shoot and didn't start lowering her arm like in all those other movies/shows that has the villain stand down before being killed by someone else. admirable for Sam to try but he was wrong that she would stop.

though in defense for Sam and to add more on the purpose of Karli's character, the statement he made to the senator there wasn't that Karli was right(which I see that some people are interpreting) but that if the govt keeps being selfish then it would cause more people like Karli to surface. I think people also missed that that scene wasn't just about the whole race thing and attacking the govt but also to make the flag smasher supporters stand down, notice that the scene after it was done has a flag smasher left on the ground in the middle of a crowd to show that their cause was weakened.
    I think people can take away from it what they want, from their point of view. You don't have the one "correct" way to see the show. Your points are valid, but it's your interpretation, just as others have their own interpretation, rather than them "misunderstanding." Also, from what I've seen, most people (including Sam) do agree that Karli has a point, but went about it wrong. Just as some people sympathized with John, but didn't agree with him murdering that guy in the street when he had surrendered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Female heroes not in competition with one another! Keep dreaming!
    I'm hoping we'll see it in "Thor: Love & Thunder", but who knows - it could end up being the complete opposite of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Sharon taking those guys out still makes sense. They were bounty hunters trying to collect. Those weren't her men.
    Except that she put out the bounty in the first place. And the bounty was for a murder that she herself committed for reasons that aren’t apparent (as was said at the time, she could have handled that situation quite effectively with a phone call and no deaths). And why take the guys to her very valuable scientist in the first place, especially given she had to have some inkling that Zemo was a wildly uncertain variable? Even by comic book standards, the whole thing is convoluted and head-scratching. She kills the goose that lays the golden eggs, all while putting herself in mortal danger against people she is paying to avenge a murder she committed unnecessarily.
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 04-23-2021 at 09:15 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm hoping we'll see it in "Thor: Love & Thunder", but who knows - it could end up being the complete opposite of that.
    I hope so too. IMO there's no reason for Valkyrie, Lady Sif and Lady Thor to all dislike one another

I find myself agreeing with those who are saying Sharon's mid-credits scene is leading us to "Armor Wars" based on what she said and the position she'll be in. I think USAgent's scene will take us into "Secret Invasion" - mostly because The Contessa said, "Things are going to get weird." And that's going to feature Fury, so what better place for his comic book ex to show up? But who knows...? I'm still wondering where Pale Vision will resurface.... Modok??

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I find myself agreeing with those who are saying Sharon's mid-credits scene is leading us to "Armor Wars" based on what she said and the position she'll be in. I think USAgent's scene will take us into "Secret Invasion" - mostly because The Contessa said, "Things are going to get weird." And that's going to feature Fury, so what better place for his comic book ex to show up? But who knows...? I'm still wondering where Pale Vision will resurface.... Modok??
    I thought US Agent might appear in Armor Wars or Captain America 4.

White Vision would probably also appear in Armor Wars

Idk where the rest of the characters in this show will appear

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Is that the plan? That would be an interesting team up, and would make things more interesting, if Walker were to join the Thunderbolts.
    Nah Just my speculation Bucky, US agent, Falcon is imo enough to continue on Disney plus.

People keep speculating Thunderbolts when they are no Thunderbolts around except Zemo. Thunderbolts biggest trick doesn't even work because once they say the name T-bolts and ton of people in on the surprise.

I rather speculate West Coast Avengers with US agent, White Vision, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Moon Knight, and War Machine around for that. It wouldn't be that hard to add Wonder Man,Tigra, and Mocking Bird.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Except that she put out the bounty in the first place. And the bounty was for a murder that she herself committed for reasons that aren’t apparent (as was said at the time, she could have handled that situation quite effectively with a phone call and no deaths). And why take the guys to her very valuable scientist in the first place, especially given she had to have some inkling that Zemo was a wildly uncertain variable? Even by comic book standards, the whole thing is convoluted and head-scratching. She kills the goose that lays the golden eggs, all while putting herself in mortal danger against people she is paying to avenge a murder she committed unnecessarily.
    well there's a couple reasons I could guess, perhaps the lady was one Sharon was always gunning for or just recently is after for some reason like competition, and Bucky, Sam and Zemo showing up gave her the opening she needed as well as a scapegoat for the murder. because I think if she didn't do that, they would have still had to fight their way out anyway because Sam fucked up with keeping his phone on but presumably they wouldn't kill the lady.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

As a whole I think this series had some fairly serious pacing issues, but I feel like if you edited into a feature length film and cut out a lot of the walking and talking you could tell a decent story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I think the Dora Milaje were the most useless characters in the whole series. I mean they showed up and slapped Walker around so he could say "They arnt even super soldiers." To be honest they could have done the same thing with Falcon beating him in the hotel room and got the same outcome. Then with all the talk of facing Wakanda justice they just hand Zemo over to the Raft. I mean they fought in the hotel room to get Zemo, why would they if their who plan was to take him to the Raft? Just as a plot device to give Zemo a place to recruit his Thunderbolts. I mean Falcon or Bucky could have handed Zemo over to the Raft? They still would have had Zemo in place where he needs to be.
    The Dora Milaje fight gave Walker high motivation to take Serum. His doubts about being Captain America amplified by being knocked around by ordinary women? Make injecting himself with an chemical he found on the floor more reasonable.

Is the Raft a U.S. prison or a international effort made in conjunction with the Sokovia Accords? If it's the second, Wakanda sending high risk prisoners there makes more sense than a regular prison does.
    Sounds perfect.