Page 10 of 145 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I feel if he was a regular Avenger he should have got some kind of paycheck.
    He describes the Avengers as being nonprofit and it's members being volunteers. They were working for free.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He describes the Avengers as being nonprofit and it's members being volunteers. They were working for free.
    Seems like a lot of work for a volunteer!

The Avengers were either living at Avengers Tower or Avengers Compound so they were basically provided room, board, and utilities through Stark money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Anybody notice all the clues in the credits. I didn't I just fast-forwarded until I was sure there was no stinger. But New Rockstars broke it down. The first Black cap is hinted at, looks like rumors Lumbly playing Bradley and Richardson is playing his grandson Patriot are probably true. They also hint at Powerbroker and a new Super Solider serum. Wonder if that means Malice will appear.

Also apparently the world knows cap went back in time and lived out his life. They just don't know what happened to old man cap I guess.
    I guess they did probably have to give people a reason why Captain America suddenly vanished out of the blue.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Seems like a lot of work for a volunteer!
    Might have been a pre-Civil War liability/access thing.

If Stark paid them what they were worth, other people/government might have called them private military contractors.

But if they're just volunteers, doing a super dangerous job for room and board, it's a lot harder to throw shade

And how many milllions of dollars in vibranium did he just hand over?? (not to mention collector appeal)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Might have been a pre-Civil War liability/access thing.

If Stark paid them what they were worth, other people/government might have called them private military contractors.

But if they're just volunteers, doing a super dangerous job for room and board, it's a lot harder to throw shade
    That's true, they shouldn't be private military contractors at all

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    And how many milllions of dollars in vibranium did he just hand over?? (not to mention collector appeal)
    A lot of people would love to collect that. Maybe Taneleer tivan?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Has it been explained why Bucky doesn't try to return to rest up in Wakanda? It does seem like from his bitter words that the recovery there was actually doing him some good, and I presume T'Challa and Shuri would be willing to let him stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Has it been explained why Bucky doesn't try to return to rest up in Wakanda? It does seem like from his bitter words that the recovery there was actually doing him some good, and I presume T'Challa and Shuri would be willing to let him stay there.
    I think it probably had something to do with the pardon he got from the US government, especially since he has mandated therapy sessions.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The shrink said he has no family. I would imagine she access to his records, but I guess we'll see. Were his siblings referenced before and they were just being faithful to that or is this a new revelation, because it's more doubtful they'd make that up now and not have it mean something.
    I think the therapist meant that Bucky has no family that he has a relationship with since by now only one member of the family he had in the 40s is still alive but nothing indicates that he ever took the chance to contact or (re)forge a relationship with Rebecca (until named otherwise I'm giving her the name his sister had in the comics) or any of the nieces, nephews, and extended cousins he could have so he might as well not have a family since they have no part in his life. The only prior implication that Bucky has/had siblings (as far as I know there was never really confirmation on the genders and it's a popular headcanon that MCU!Bucky has three sisters) was a set piece in Winter Soldier where it said that Bucky is the oldest of four.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Avengers were either living at Avengers Tower or Avengers Compound so they were basically provided room, board, and utilities through Stark money.
    I'm sure they had expense accounts to buy basic things they needed to live at the compound (which also had a lot of luxuries) as well. From watching the movies, I find it hard to believe that Stark Enterprises didn't have it's own dark money pool it was using to fund superheroing.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Bucky did mentioned he had 4 sisters. One of them is bound to had a family of their own. I'm curious to know if he'll make any attempt to connect with his descendants.
    No, he said he has a sister. Then he said F4, as part of the Battleship game he was playing with his date.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    No, he said he has a sister. Then he said F4, as part of the Battleship game he was playing with his date.
    Huh. I missed that. Like Immortal Weapon, I too heard 4 sisters. Good catch.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I'm sure they had expense accounts to buy basic things they needed to live at the compound (which also had a lot of luxuries) as well. From watching the movies, I find it hard to believe that Stark Enterprises didn't have it's own dark money pool it was using to fund superheroing.
    It is interesting. Since the Avengers initiative was first developed and presented to Stark as a US government/SHEILD initiative. It should come with the government contracts and pay etc. But, it seems that only the actual Military based characters got those checks. War Machine, Cap until he became a fugitive, and I guess Sam as a contractor until he became a fugitive. Hawkeye and Natasha also worked for Shield/the government as spies till Avengers so. Everything and everyone else just lived off Stark funds. His tower he "donated". Then the compound that was blown up I assume that was Stark as well.

With the super genius types once you established them as such you don't have to keep explaining how they keep the cash rolling in general. You can imagine he has all kinds of lucrative patents etc. Same as a Reed Richards would.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    It is interesting. Since the Avengers initiative was first developed and presented to Stark as a US government/SHEILD initiative. It should come with the government contracts and pay etc. But, it seems that only the actual Military based characters got those checks. War Machine, Cap until he became a fugitive, and I guess Sam as a contractor until he became a fugitive. Hawkeye and Natasha also worked for Shield/the government as spies till Avengers so. Everything and everyone else just lived off Stark funds. His tower he "donated". Then the compound that was blown up I assume that was Stark as well.

With the super genius types once you established them as such you don't have to keep explaining how they keep the cash rolling in general. You can imagine he has all kinds of lucrative patents etc. Same as a Reed Richards would.
    Of the Original (MCU) Avengers only half were SHIELD agents. By the time they reconvened to hunt down Loki's Scepter, SHIELD had been officially disbanded, and it was clear Stark was underwriting them.

BANNED

I think the best thing about this was the end credits music. The first 15 minutes was good until the action went inside the plane, and then you were basically never able to see anything again. It made DC movies look positively color brilliant.

I imagine Falcons arc will be understanding that the shield is his. I guess we'll have to wait for next week to find out what Winter Soldiers arc is.

Still, first episode didn't take place in a living room, so that's a plus.