Page 104 of 145 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2161

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    MCU is not beholden to the comics. If they want to give Peggy greater importance to Cap than the comic than why not?
    When it kind of screws over another character and makes Peggy seem more important than she actually is, I think that's the issue.

Kind of like how the ASM movies spent so long developing a doomed romance at the expense of Peter's other relationships or Mary Jane.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When it kind of screws over another character and makes Peggy seem more important than she actually is, I think that's the issue.
    Of the two characters, I don't think it's Peggy's importance that has been exaggerated.

Ultimate Member

MCU is not beholden to the comics. If they want to give Peggy greater importance to Cap than the comic than why not?
    But it weighed him down and made him look unable to move on

I'm hoping for Sin and the serpent society
    I forgot about her

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Of the two characters, I don't think it's Peggy's importance that has been exaggerated.
    In what context?

Extraordinary Member

Sharon suffered from the same thing Malekith did. She had her screen time taken away so the focus could be put on a break out character, in this case Black Widow.

Extraordinary Member

On a different board, I put down that Sharon being the Power Broker felt very “Dan Didio thinking he should clean house on ‘redundant characters’ and screwing it up as always” feel to it.

I mean, modern Sharon Carter in the comics is basically Shield’s own Black Widow parallel, even if she’s not as famous and still more of a supporting character to Steve. Her being the Power Broker (who is for all intents and purposes a C-level villain even at his best) is kind for wasteful of the IP.

...Which is one of the reasons why, even though I don’t really think they’ll do it, making her a Skrull infiltrator would be a good idea. VanCamp’s skills can still be utilized well in this role. Maybe they could even have her be Veranke herself or something.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    On a different board, I put down that Sharon being the Power Broker felt very “Dan Didio thinking he should clean house on ‘redundant characters’ and screwing it up as always” feel to it.

I mean, modern Sharon Carter in the comics is basically Shield’s own Black Widow parallel, even if she’s not as famous and still more of a supporting character to Steve. Her being the Power Broker (who is for all intents and purposes a C-level villain even at his best) is kind for wasteful of the IP.

...Which is one of the reasons why, even though I don’t really think they’ll do it, making her a Skrull infiltrator would be a good idea. VanCamp’s skills can still be utilized well in this role. Maybe they could even have her be Veranke herself or something.
    I wonder if they might make her Veranke in place of Jessica Drew.

Extraordinary Member

I wonder if they might make her Veranke in place of Jessica Drew.
    That’s kind of the thought I had - especially if they rebuild Veranke as a counterpart to Talos with their versions of the Skrulls. A more pragmatic demagogue among the Skrulls rather than a religious fanatic.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

That’s kind of the thought I had - especially if they rebuild Veranke as a counterpart to Talos with their versions of the Skrulls. A more pragmatic demagogue among the Skrulls rather than a religious fanatic.
    I mean, yeah, if they're going to be actually fighting Skrulls in Secret Invasion, from what we saw in Captain Marvel where they weren't inherently warlike like comic Skrulls, we're probably going to be dealing with radicalized extremists.

Who will hopefully be more memorable than the Flag-Smashers.

Ultimate Member

I mean, yeah, if they're going to be actually fighting Skrulls in Secret Invasion, from what we saw in Captain Marvel where they weren't inherently warlike like comic Skrulls, we're probably going to be dealing with radicalized extremists.

Who will hopefully be more memorable than the Flag-Smashers.
    Well, an entire race of aliens not being wholly good or evil makes sense

This ended in a rather rote way, which is a tad disappointing. After WandaVision I thought at least I would like to rewatch the whole thing at some point. Maybe if Zemo had been in more than half the episodes...

I just got done binging epidsodes 2-6 today. So I enjoyed it I have a few thoughts.

I do not mind Carter being The Power Broker and I really hope they do more with her in the future either as a behind the scenes puppet master type or as a set up for a major player. It would be cool to see her go full evil and really decide to mind fuck Walker or The Falcon and go after their families or something. Kind of saw her as The Power broker. I mean she was living pretty damn well and walking around pretty freely for someone who was on the outs and in such hard luck.

I think the Dora Milaje were the most useless characters in the whole series. I mean they showed up and slapped Walker around so he could say "They arnt even super soldiers." To be honest they could have done the same thing with Falcon beating him in the hotel room and got the same outcome. Then with all the talk of facing Wakanda justice they just hand Zemo over to the Raft. I mean they fought in the hotel room to get Zemo, why would they if their who plan was to take him to the Raft? Just as a plot device to give Zemo a place to recruit his Thunderbolts. I mean Falcon or Bucky could have handed Zemo over to the Raft? They still would have had Zemo in place where he needs to be.

I think they missed a cool cameo or nod to The Xmen becoming a thing in the Madripoor scenes. Like when they were in the bar there could have been a hairy man in a cowboy hat with an eyepatch, or after the fight the bartender could have said "Damn you guys are more trouble then patch." Or a slim guy with Red tinted sun glasses asking a person in the bar "Have you seen Patch around?"

Loving Sam as Captain America, I think it is going to be really cool to see him on the big screen.

Over all a b-
    Last edited by babyblob; 04-23-2021 at 04:04 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

So has Zemo won in like all his appearances? He helped break the Avengers apart and also killed all the Super Soldiers he set out to eliminate.

Like the only time he didn't get what he wanted was when T'Challa didn't kill him.

So has Zemo won in like all his appearances? He helped break the Avengers apart and also killed all the Super Soldiers he set out to eliminate.

Like the only time he didn't get what he wanted was when T'Challa didn't kill him.
    I got the vibe Zemo wanted Bucky to kill him by that statue. Was disappointed when Bukcy had taken the bullets out. But yea I think it's been all Wins for Zemo on some level.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't see how making her a Skrull would be a good idea since Skrulls ain't evil in the MCU.