Page 115 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2161
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Yeah, it feels like they wanted to go a direction with the character, and came up with a fairly lazy excuse to get there.

Heck, given the chaos of the Blip, Sharon would be more likely to be recruited by someone because of her skills rather than elevated to someone who “can’t set foot on US soil.”

Honestly, a Skrull-Sharon idea feels more interesting to me not just because it would be an easier explanation to buy for her as a character and adaptation, but because it would also be easier to buy in terms of why no one looked out for her before she became the Power Broker.

...Plus, I’m sorry, but Power Broker was always a C-List or even D-List supervillain “backbencher.” It’s not actually much of an improvement in her profile unless they want to try making her a one-woman Hyrda.
    D-list is overselling him. I was checking the Wiki and apparently he's only been in 12 issues. That's why I was kinda expecting him to be someone else bigger

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Normals were given a pass. The ones that fought against Thanos armies that is. Sharon wasn't in the frontline so she gets nothing.
    You would think "Helped kill the mad Alien God that erased half of Humanity and reversed his mass murder spree" would earn you some points. They are also 2-1 in beating back Alien Invasions.

Pardons all round were the very least the Avengers would get.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Yeah, it feels like they wanted to go a direction with the character, and came up with a fairly lazy excuse to get there.

Heck, given the chaos of the Blip, Sharon would be more likely to be recruited by someone because of her skills rather than elevated to someone who “can’t set foot on US soil.”

Honestly, a Skrull-Sharon idea feels more interesting to me not just because it would be an easier explanation to buy for her as a character and adaptation, but because it would also be easier to buy in terms of why no one looked out for her before she became the Power Broker.

...Plus, I’m sorry, but Power Broker was always a C-List or even D-List supervillain “backbencher.” It’s not actually much of an improvement in her profile unless they want to try making her a one-woman Hyrda.
    When did being D-list in the comics mattered in the MCU? The movies elevated some villains beyond their station in the comics. Kaecilius wasn't anyone who can take Strange in the comics but he's the primary villain of his film. Ghost is nowhere as dangerous in the comics as that character was in Ant-Man and Wasp.

Sharon being Power Broker could put respect in that name.

Ultimate Member

When did being D-list in the comics mattered in the MCU? The movies elevated some villains beyond their station in the comics. Kaecilius wasn't anyone who can take Strange in the comics but he's the primary villain of his film. Ghost is nowhere as dangerous in the comics as that character was in Ant-Man and Wasp.

That's true. Seems to be a recurring thing in the MCU

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I think that was implied. Sharon was among the holograms of the missing people at the start of Endgame and the Avengers assumed that these people were all snapped. They thought the same of Scott who was also among the holograms although we know he wasn't snapped.

So I guess Steve not searching for her during the five years can be justified. It's more questionable why she didn't reach out to him and ask him for help as soon as he was pardoned.
    Have to wonder why Fury didn't pick her up, after Civil War. I mean, he trusted her enough to keep an eye on Steve

Well, I do like the actress playing Sharon Carter, so there is that. She has been pretty convincing even through all of her twists and turns. And her character seems pretty nuanced - all that stuff about the government not backing her up and not being able to speak to her family seems like it was a sympathy lie just to get Bucky and Falcon on her side. So even though her "power broker" identity might be C-List, it seems like she will ultimately be much more than that. Probably not Hydra but maybe AIM?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Not that Kaecilius became that popular because of the film. Mads did his best.

Too bad it'll drag the Sharon Carter name through the mud.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Mads should've got a better villain to play IMO. He was great as Hannibal

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Have to wonder why Fury didn't pick her up, after Civil War. I mean, he trusted her enough to keep an eye on Steve
    Fury has Maria Hill and she has no time for a low ranking agent

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Mads should've got a better villain to play IMO. He was great as Hannibal
    He played a serviceable zealot but i cant wait to see Mordo's zealotry dialed up to 11
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-27-2021 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Fury has Maria Hill and she has no time for a low ranking agent
    Couldn't they use everybody they can get? Especially someone who helped them during the attempted Hydra takeover?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Hey! There are Kaecilius action figures, sculptures and Funko Pops out there. Not sure why though or who buys them, lol. Maybe people use them to test explosives?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Hey! There are Kaecilius action figures, sculptures and Funko Pops out there. Not sure why though or who buys them, lol. Maybe people use them to test explosives?
    Probably completionists...

Extraordinary Member

For every Ghost, there is a Kaecelius who barely went anywhere after his film, even with freakin’ Mads playing him, or Yellowjacket being a combination of two character that also gets forgot, or wasted headliners like the Mandarin (before whoever at Marvel wised up and realized that they could afford two variations thanks to Black’s script, whether before or after the film’s reception.)

Van Camp playing a lazily motivated and mundane heel in reaction to her original planned role not working out is a waste. If they want her to be evil and play to Van Camp’s strengths, something more than “...maybe nobody vouched for her in the Blip?” should be her motivation, and they should do more than give her pants-suited villainy.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

For every Ghost, there is a Kaecelius who barely went anywhere after his film, even with freakin’ Mads playing him, or Yellowjacket being a combination of two character that also gets forgot, or wasted headliners like the Mandarin (before whoever at Marvel wised up and realized that they could afford two variations thanks to Black’s script, whether before or after the film’s reception.)

Van Camp playing a lazily motivated and mundane heel in reaction to her original planned role not working out is a waste. If they want her to be evil and play to Van Camp’s strengths, something more than “...maybe nobody vouched for her in the Blip?” should be her motivation, and they should do more than give her pants-suited villainy.
    Ghost was interesting, but Kaecilius, Yellowjacket, Whiplash, Malekith and Killian were lame. Even Iron Monger wasn't super interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ghost was interesting, but Kaecilius, Yellowjacket, Whiplash, Malekith and Killian were lame. Even Iron Monger wasn't super interesting
    I liked Stane, Vanko, and Cross well enough.

Malekith at least had some presence but they also cut all his backstory for more Loki...