Page 122 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2161
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Nope.

We don't know where the Shield that Old Man Rogers gave Sam came from. At least I can't figure it out. Did Steve get it from the alt past timeline? Did he ask the Wakandans for a new one?
    We know that a new shield was already being developed from Homecoming. I assume it's that one.

Ultimate Member

Nope.

We don't know where the Shield that Old Man Rogers gave Sam came from. At least I can't figure it out. Did Steve get it from the alt past timeline? Did he ask the Wakandans for a new one?

The Shield that Howard Stark gave Steve Rogers WAS Government property. Allegedly. We don't know how Howard Stark got hold of any Vibranium in the first place.

Assuming it's the same shield, that might be the gray area, if the US made Cap's first Shield out of swiped Vibranium that fell off the back of some airship. The Government wouldn't necessarily have known that in '42 but they know it now.
    Could be Howard bought the stuff somehow and its his property, but yeah, that seemed odd.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Could be Howard bought the stuff somehow and its his property, but yeah, that seemed odd.
    If it's his property, it would be unlikely to be sitting at the bottom of a government lab shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    One thing's got me curious...

How is there any legal question as to who owns the shield? I know Val brought that up to handwave away Sam holding onto it, but still. Has that been explained?
    As others have already speculated, there's enough reason to at least throw doubt on it. Whether it's because that shield is from an alternate timeline, or it's because Stark's deal with the government as a private contractor left some loopholes in terms of what was his property and what belonged to the government. If they wanted to delve into it, I'm sure they could write several legal grey areas around what's been established.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    If it's his property, it would be unlikely to be sitting at the bottom of a government lab shelf.
    If they wanted to, they could write an excuse - the government funded his RnD, but didn't own any of it until it was approved and purchased. As Stark said, it was a prototype so Stark could have just given it to Steve before the military officially bought it for their use, and it's vibranium - it might've been way too expensive for them to want to buy from him etc...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-01-2021 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Why didn't he send the butler to take out Bucky to. Or another assassin. Just giving him a breather?
    I think a bigger question is why he didn't have Walker killed, but I don't think Zemo knew he took the Super Soldier serum.

Ultimate Member

Looking at the scene, it looks like Howard did a bunch of prototypes and that's where Steve found the shield

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Honestly I'm not big on anti-superhero Zemo
    I'm absolutely in love with anti-superhero Zemo. He went from Zero to Hero in my books.

Extraordinary Member

Why didn't he send the butler to take out Bucky to. Or another assassin. Just giving him a breather?
    Zemo's dogma is that anyone other than Steve Rogers who takes the Serum is a supremacist is the making.

But Bucky never took the Serum willingly, he was experimented on and brainwashed. Zemo can't hold Bucky responsible for being turned into a superhuman puppet by Hydra.

That's why he crossed himself off Bucky's list and why he had no problem with possibly being killed by him. He used him as a puppet also.

So if Bucky had still been sore about it that would have been fair play.

Astonishing Member

Zemo's dogma is that anyone other than Steve Rogers who takes the Serum is a supremacist is the making.

But Bucky never took the Serum willingly, he was experimented on and brainwashed. Zemo can't hold Bucky responsible for being turned into a superhuman puppet by Hydra.

That's why he crossed himself off Bucky's list and why he had no problem with possibly being killed by him. He used him as a puppet also.

So if Bucky had still been sore about it that would have been fair play.

I am not even sure if it has anything specifically to do with the Serum. I think he just hates super-powered people in general. I mean I am not really even clear on that. In reality Tony Stark is the reason his wife and child and family were killed. And that guy doesnt have a super power. So he should hate people in super powered suits to.

Well, in a nutshell, Zemo is a Captain America villain and they needed to get him involved in a Captain America story so they made him focus on stuff related to Captain America.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I'm absolutely in love with anti-superhero Zemo. He went from Zero to Hero in my books.
    Really? I'm tired of the whole "villains want heroes to be accountable but somehow that's bad" nonsense

Really? I'm tired of the whole "villains want heroes to be accountable but somehow that's bad" nonsense
    I don't know if it's accountability Zemo wants so much as revenge.

Niffleheim

I may not like the messenger but I love the message

I am not even sure if it has anything specifically to do with the Serum. I think he just hates super-powered people in general. I mean I am not really even clear on that. In reality Tony Stark is the reason his wife and child and family were killed. And that guy doesnt have a super power. So he should hate people in super powered suits to.
    My take-away was that the desire to obtain super-powers, regardless of the means, leads to being a supremacist where you exercise that power to elevate yourself above others. That's what he abhors. (I think)

How does MCU Zemo compare to comic book Zemo?

I admit, I miss the daddy issues that comic book Zemo had but those aspects would have been difficult to adapt to live action but I think removing the Nazi element from the character made him much more compelling on screen. Plus, I love the fact that movie Zemo has had a 99% success rate.