Page 137 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2161
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, but they take time to build up, and the MCU doesn't have a great track record on it. Whereas topics like racism already exist beforehand. Plus, I think the Hollywood attitude about heroes needed love interests is a bit problematic and outdated IMO
    Love and a love interest is not an outdated device in storytelling you're just reacting to bad examples and now you're just digging your heels in that belief.

Incredible Member

How did people forget Civil war?
    because even though Sam was a fugitive for three years nobody cares anymore? Not saying it’s a problem but again sam could’ve mentioned he was a fugitive but is accepted as a hero now

I also don’t get why the show kept bringing up captain america needing to have blonde hair. He wears a mask so his hai he and eye color are irrelevant and it was clear Steve became cap because of his heart

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Love and a love interest is not an outdated device in storytelling you're just reacting to bad examples and now you're just digging your heels in that belief.
    Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but don't you think it's at least a little cliche when every hero has to have a love interest? Have you never seen that trope?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    because even though Sam was a fugitive for three years nobody cares anymore? Not saying it’s a problem but again sam could’ve mentioned he was a fugitive but is accepted as a hero now

I also don’t get why the show kept bringing up captain america needing to have blonde hair. He wears a mask so his hai he and eye color are irrelevant and it was clear Steve became cap because of his heart
    Because Cap was designed as the Nazi ideal, who punched them in the face. Also, it was a short hand for 'very, very white'.

BANNED

Everyone on Caps team is regarded as a hero now. Saving the universe will do that.

How often did Cap go into action without his mask? More often than not, in my recollection

Ultimate Member

They were pardonned.

And he used that example because some racist people still care about that even if they can't see it

BANNED

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but don't you think it's at least a little cliche when every hero has to have a love interest? Have you never seen that trope?
    I would ask how many people have to have a love interest. Those that don't, want one. It's a very rare case when that is not true.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I would ask how many people have to have a love interest. Those that don't, want one. It's a very rare case when that is not true.
    Maybe, but I don't think it's necessary for every fictional character. They take up screen time which could be devoted to other storylines.

BANNED

Maybe, but I don't think it's necessary for every fictional character. They take up screen time which could be devoted to other storylines.
    But one that ultimately resonates less with a broad audience.

Ultimate Member

But one that ultimately resonates less with a broad audience.
    Do you mean other plot lines don't resonate as much?

BANNED

Do you mean other plot lines don't resonate as much?
    There is man vs himself, man vs evil, man vs love. Take one of those out of a superhero movie, and you have a poor superhero movie. The bigger problem is the number of superhero movies that try to have 3 or 4 man vs evil stories in one movie.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    The only time this happened was when Bucky and Sam visited Isaiah and Bucky told him that Steve didn't know about Bradley. So I don't know where you are getting this questioning Steve's legacy is coming from?
    “This shields legacy is complicated to say the least”

Firstly What Isaiah said was not BS. That was his experience with the American govt. Sam can accept Isaiah's POV and also believe in himself that he can pave his own path. Why would it be hard to believe that Steve and Sam didn't talk about race issues? Other than recommending a Marvin Gaye's album Trouble Man to Steve there hasn't been that many stories that centered on AA experience in the MCU
    Yeah his experience from the 40s/50s. Sam should think that but he doesn’t. He doesn’t realize he can continue Steve’s legacy while shaping his destiny. He needed his sister to tell him that

I’d absolutely think the issue of racism would come up at least once between Steve and sam especially since i would think sam would find it surprising someone born in 1920 would be pretty progressive. Why is it hard to believe they would?

BANNED

I’d absolutely think the issue of racism would come up at least once between Steve and sam especially since i would think sam would find it surprising someone born in 1920 would be pretty progressive. Why is it hard to believe they would?
    Why is it so hard to believe that discussion never happened?

Ultimate Member

There is man vs himself, man vs evil, man vs love. Take one of those out of a superhero movie, and you have a poor superhero movie. The bigger problem is the number of superhero movies that try to have 3 or 4 man vs evil stories in one movie.
    You really think a superhero movie without romance ia bad? Really?

BANNED

You really think a superhero movie without romance ia bad? Really?
    Yeah. I don't understand how you can not think that. Without a love interest, a superhero movie is just a two hour fight scene.