Page 143 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2161
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    And he, Asgard's mightiest hero, got beat down and nearly killed in the process
    Still wasn't a bad plan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Still wasn't a bad plan
    It was the only possible plan. doesn't diminish how ineffectual general Asgardians are in a fight though. People want to know how Odin would have fared against Thanos, even though Thor had to directly defy him from making a huge mistake against a foe infinitesimal in comparison

BANNED

Wait...

Isn't this thread about Falcon and the Winter Soldier?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    How would you feel If Sharon Carter turns out to be working FOR the Power Broker and not the Power Broker? Is that even possible?
    It's possible but it could feel like a cop out.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's possible but it could feel like a cop out.
    I agree. They teased us all season in this show just to reveal her as a "shocking" choice. To contradict that in her next appearance would seem like a bait and switch unless it was something that was a LOT better and actually makes sense of what we saw in "F+WS" rather than come across as them changing their minds.

Wait...
    Isn't this thread about Falcon and the Winter Soldier?
    It's funny, I thought about saying something, but was curious how long that conversation could go on before someone intervened.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    How would you feel If Sharon Carter turns out to be working FOR the Power Broker and not the Power Broker? Is that even possible?
    Sharon is a Skrull. It's the new Agatha all Along.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Sharon is a Skrull. It's the new Agatha all Along.
    We're getting the multiverse, we're getting Kang, we're getting "Wakanda Forever," maybe the next Avengers movie will be "Avengers Forever" where we'll get alternate timeline Avengers from all over and it will be revealed that Sharon isn't a Skrull, but ... a Space Phantom! (or, knowing the MCU a "Quantum Phantom.")

How many stages of grief are there? Cause it feels like people are grieving Sharon's "death" as a hero and are stuck in denial.

I guess...sorry for your loss?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    How many stages of grief are there? Cause it feels like people are grieving Sharon's "death" as a hero and are stuck in denial.

Personally I don't give a rat's ass about her. She's a going-nowhere character they are trying to force into relevancy. She's no one's love interest, so let's make her a villain. Screw the relevancy of putting that role on the guy who took the super soldier serum, came through it as well as Steve Rogers, and was screwed over by the government for decades because he was black. That would not have any emotional impact or message at all. Let's give that role to the generic blonde girl instead.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Not really. I have no feelings whatsoever for the character other than my skepticism over the conclusion that most are making that she is THE Power Broker.

Personally I don't give a rat's ass about her. She's a going-nowhere character they are trying to force into relevancy. She's no one's love interest, so let's make her a villain. Screw the relevancy of putting that role on the guy who took the super soldier serum, came through it as well as Steve Rogers, and was screwed over by the government for decades because he was black. That would not have any emotional impact or message at all. Let's give that role to the generic blonde girl instead.
    So, if the black guy who was the successor to Cap gets screwed over by the government and becomes the Power Broker, it would be "relevant," but when the female character gets discarded by her allies, has her life ruined because she helped Captain America and is screwed over by the government then becomes the Power Broker, she's a "generic blonde girl?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So, if the black guy who was the successor to Cap gets screwed over by the government and becomes the Power Broker, it would be "relevant," but when the female character gets discarded by her allies, has her life ruined because she helped Captain America and is screwed over by the government then becomes the Power Broker, she's a "generic blonde girl?"
    Pretty much yeah, when we're talking months instead of decades.

Extraordinary Member

Turning Isaiah Bradley into a Super Villain pretty well undermines
    the entire point of both the Truth miniseries and the story F&WS was trying to tell.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It would also be a terrible idea and completely negate the tragedy and inspiration of Isaiah's story by making him a "villian".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Turning Isaiah Bradley into a Super Villain pretty well undermines
    the entire point of both the Truth miniseries and the story F&WS was trying to tell.
    I don't know what the Truth mini series is but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with what was on screen.

As it turns out, F&WS was trying to tell a pretty bland story in the end, rather than a really interesting one that would have laid some real groundwork for the future of the MCU.