Page 16 of 145 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Back on topic they are rumors that flagsmasher woman will become Echo

Echo has already been cast and will appear in the Hawkeye show played by Alaqua Cox.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The rumor was that her character was Songbird before she wound up being Morgenthau. Though she does signal the crowd with a loud whistle...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    She has been. They cast a Native American actor, as they should have. She's also deaf like the character is.
    I didn't know the actress was deaf. I'm glad they cast accurately though!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The rumor was that her character was Songbird before she wound up being Morgenthau. Though she does signal the crowd with a loud whistle...
    Not to go crazy speculating WandaVision style, but since she's already gender and race swapped she might be Songbird anyway since songbird is a bigger character. But I'm not betting on it.

Also, everyone knows this by now Joaquin Torres character becomes Falcon in the comics, MCU version seems to have a military spin on the character

They basically just did what they did with Bucky where they took a teen sidekick and turned him into a normal adult soldier sidekick.

Although feels like he's lacking a little without his social conscious and illegal immigrant background.

I did find it kind of weird they never said his first name out loud.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They basically just did what they did with Bucky where they took a teen sidekick and turned him into a normal adult soldier sidekick.

Although feels like he's lacking a little without his social conscious and illegal immigrant background.

Well, they haven’t shown that stuff *thus far*; though I’m mildly doubtful they’d do it given how quickly they established his place in the show, there’s been a few non-citizen soldiers in the armed forces who made headlines a while back when they got the short end of the stick. His rank is the thing that makes me doubtful he’d still be undocumented, but there’s nothing saying he couldn’t have family with a different status.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

He could still be an illegal immigrant who hasn't revealed himself

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The shworunner confirmed he is Joaquin for the record

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Maybe she is Mephisto.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    She has been. They cast a Native American actor, as they should have. She's also deaf like the character is.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Echo has already been cast and will appear in the Hawkeye show played by Alaqua Cox.
    That is good, the my rumor was bad like most of them general are on the internet

I said in the other thread I don't see how his illegal immigrant background or social conscious is lacking or removed really and since we are in tv series realm, I more confident that a smaller character like this gets fleshed out in a second season.

That is good, the my rumor was bad like most of them general are on the internet

At this point, the smart math on MCU rumors is probably something like...

- "About Eight Out of Ten 'Rumors...' About The MCU Are Complete Fabrications."

Niffleheim

I said in the other thread I don't see how his illegal immigrant background or social conscious is lacking or removed really and since we are in tv series realm, I more confident that a smaller character like this gets fleshed out in a second season.
    I highly doubt there is going to be second seasons for most of the Marvel shows on D+ (well except for the rumoured Loki show)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I highly doubt there is going to be second seasons for most of the Marvel shows on D+ (well except for the rumoured Loki show)
    Given the slate of movies coming up, I think it's definitely possible we get a Falcon and Winter Soldier Season 2 before they are due to show up on the big screen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Success changes things. Wandavision did so well they want second season even though it wasn't built to have a second season. I understand the nature of the D+ shows but things change(especially if it made money) plus there always a chance of a spin off for example Jimmy Woo and Darcy picked up of momentum to point Marvel writer pitch a show concept to Marvel executives. So maybe they won't be a season two of Falcon and Winter Solider maybe they will be season 1 of Captain America and Falcon.

Anyways my point in the original post was character of Torres was probably casted with potentially a bigger role to play down the line. He will be the first Latino superhero in MCU once he suits up I think Marvel is pretty excited to be able to use that.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-22-2021 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Maybe she is Mephisto.
    It be funny if she was

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Well, they haven’t shown that stuff *thus far*; though I’m mildly doubtful they’d do it given how quickly they established his place in the show, there’s been a few non-citizen soldiers in the armed forces who made headlines a while back when they got the short end of the stick. His rank is the thing that makes me doubtful he’d still be undocumented, but there’s nothing saying he couldn’t have family with a different status.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    He could still be an illegal immigrant who hasn't revealed himself
    That'd be nice but I'm not sure if the showrunners have thought that deeply into it.
    I think for now he's probably just intended to be Sam's military buddy and liasion/sidekick.