Page 2 of 145 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Do you think this will be good? I think that pre-streaming this would be a direct-to-video knock-off film.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Do you think this will be good? I think that pre-streaming this would be a direct-to-video knock-off film.
    Knock off films don't get the budget this show has. Everything I saw in that trailer is theatrical film quality

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm interested in seeing how much publicity plays into USAgent persona in this series. Making an appearance at that football game makes me believe he will be all show and no go.
    He's the perfect vehicle for addressing Cap’s celebrity status and the hero-worship he engenders... and more pointedly, the way that celebrity and hero worship can be twisted in inglorious jingoism and xenophobia.

I think that Walker is likely to be maybe too much “go” in terms of physical capabilities and aggression, and his inadequacy will be shown in his character, as usual. The question is whether he’ll be a puppet of Zemo as a tool to disgrace the Avengers, or if the MCU will start making a statement about the post-Blip world and make Walker a distinct antagonist whom Zemo would see as a target of opportunity *if* they clash and aren’t separate conflicts to each other.

There’s real potential to use Hayward in WandaVision and Walker in this show to construct a world where the government and people have been traumatized enough to fit the status quo the X-Men have to deal with, or even something like the Dark Avengers (my dark horse speculation for the antagonists of an MCU Phase most likely to get the kind of visceral reaction needed as Big Bads, and a potential way to sneak Doctor Doom in as Dark Iron Man.)
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Now that was an awesome commercial on the super bowl. Wish WandaVision had been more like what this promises to be.
    What sort of action-packed adventure show would you have developed with Wanda and Vision as the starring characters?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    What sort of action-packed adventure show would you have developed with Wanda and Vision as the starring characters?
    One that I would likely explain in their own thread.

Is the red-headed woman supposed to be Sin? Or do we know who that character is supposed to be yet?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Is the red-headed woman supposed to be Sin? Or do we know who that character is supposed to be yet?
    She looks like she could be Sin to me but I've heard a rumor she might be Screaming Mimi.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    One that I would likely explain in their own thread.
    I’m just curious what sort of action-packed sequencing you might have expected or delivered on your own, from the characters and situation in question.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She looks like she could be Sin to me but I've heard a rumor she might be Screaming Mimi.
    Are the two of you talking about this?

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand...i/Flag_Smasher

Watching New Rockstar breakdown made me wonder if Falcon would become Cap. They suggest Sam remains Falcon and passed the Sheild off too Patriot. Rumors are actor Elijah Richardson is playing him and the guy from Supergirl is playing his grand dad the black cap who was wiped from history. Anyway guy made a good argument but then I remembered Falcons Captain America suit leaked thanks to promo art from some toys. Be weird if he makes a cap inspired suit at the end but passes the Sheild off to Eli.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Are the two of you talking about this?

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand...i/Flag_Smasher
    Grace Randolph also made an interesting suggestion that alongside being a version of Flag Smasher she's also secretly Rikki Barnes, which would be a good twist and allow her to be part of either a Thunderbolts or Young Avengers project in the right context.

Someone else also pointed out in the nightclub scene where we see Bucky fighting some people with Zemo in the background that there are some faces on the wall that look an awful lot like Skrulls...
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 02-09-2021 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Grace Randolph also made an interesting suggestion that alongside being a version of Flag Smasher she's also secretly Rikki Barnes, which would be a good twist and allow her to be part of either a Thunderbolts or Young Avengers project in the right context.

Someone else also pointed out in the nightclub scene where we see Bucky fighting some people with Zemo in the background that there are some faces on the wall that look an awful lot like Skrulls...
    Those skulls on the wall are 100% Skrulls. It's probably a madripor bar and we already know Talos group isn't the only sect of Skrulls. We gonna meet some evil Skrulls in Secret Invasion. Guessing a bunch still here and people are hunting them. Maybe the evil Skrulls we meet later are evil for good reason. First the Kree and now Humans hunting them like dogs.

Mighty Member

Default falcon and winter soldier

https://tvline.com/2021/02/16/falcon...history-month/

So, Marin Spellman wants to make this series a commentary on race. Why? I mean, why can't we just enjoy a good MCU story? I like Sam Wilson, and it has nothing to do with him being a POC. I like him because his costume and his interactions with Steve both in the MCU and comics. I also like T'Challa as well. Great character. As well as the Wakandan world. I mean, BP already did something like that and it advanced the MCU story also. I want to see Sam struggling with losing his friend in Endgame. Same with Bucky. Seeing their bickering interactions with each other and taking out the bad guy. Hints of the next big bad in the MCU. I don't want to see Sam standing on a pulpit preaching.

I'm sick of all these action stories that reflect the world we live in. Why can't we just go back to apolitical stories like John Matrix blowing up the mansion of a CIA-backed Latin American Dictator with a million guns, rocket launchers and garden rakes?
    Last edited by Frobisher; 02-17-2021 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    https://tvline.com/2021/02/16/falcon...history-month/

So, Marin Spellman wants to make this series a commentary on race. Why? I mean, why can't we just enjoy a good MCU story? I like Sam Wilson, and it has nothing to do with him being a POC. I like him because his costume and his interactions with Steve both in the MCU and comics. I also like T'Challa as well. Great character. As well as the Wakandan world. I mean, BP already did something like that and it advanced the MCU story also. I want to see Sam struggling with losing his friend in Endgame. Same with Bucky. Seeing their bickering interactions with each other and taking out the bad guy. Hints of the next big bad in the MCU. I don't want to see Sam standing on a pulpit preaching.
    The Falcon has ALWAYS been about furthering civil rights and Black consciousness, admirably so considering the character came from a white guy. Then again, many American Jews including Stan Lee were allies of the movement. I can’t think of a character in Marvel’s stable who from the get-go was more tied to the struggle than the Falcon. Even the Black Panther, despite the name, wasn’t as focused on civil rights and indeed the African diaspora as much as the Falcon was. Of course, the Black Panther undeniably ties into Afro-Futurism, but the Falcon was still an amazingly race conscious character from his very origins.