Page 23 of 145 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I hope so too.

Although, I must confess that I’m not so crazy (no pun intended) about the multiple personality aspects of Moon Knight. I know it’s become the characters most popular trait but superhero comics in general don’t really treat mental illness so well. To me, it doesn’t even work because Moon Knight actually had abilities granted to him by Khonshu. But in recent years, he seemed to be so full of doubt which is just odd considering he’s teamed up with actual gods and fought the supernatural for most of his existence.

I don’t mind the movie touching upon the theme of mental illness but media in general tend to handle mental illness in ways I don’t generally like. But hey, they might prove me wrong.
    If you read his early stuff they wrote him as just using the multiple identities to help in his crime fighting. There were a few times his GF questioned him on if he knew who he was at any particular time but they didn't get to into it. The whole mental illness thing didn't come till later. I think they could get into him having problems with his multiple personas but not have him go full blown mental. I don't really know how Disney will deal with this or if they will at all. But I mean they sort of tackle this with Wanda in some ways. So maybe they can pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    If you read his early stuff they wrote him as just using the multiple identities to help in his crime fighting. There were a few times his GF questioned him on if he knew who he was at any particular time but they didn't get to into it. The whole mental illness thing didn't come till later. I think they could get into him having problems with his multiple personas but not have him go full blown mental. I don't really know how Disney will deal with this or if they will at all. But I mean they sort of tackle this with Wanda in some ways. So maybe they can pull it off.
    Feige said the show will tackle how we handle metal illness in our society. yea it just depends how much they wanna dive into it. They got an actor capable of doing the heavy lifting. I hope they play up the, is he blessed by Khonshu or is he just crazy stuff

A lot of great points being made here, but rather than dissect race politics I will just say that for the MCU, which has to move forward in time unlike the comics and we can't have Steve Rogers as Cap forever, I want to see Sam take up the mantle and be Captain America.(but not as a government stooge) The show seems to be leading us towards this and almost anything else would seem like a disappointment. I wondered for a sec, "what if Sam takes on the name, but Bucky remains his partner and holds the shield?" But no - that wouldn't work either. They've emphasized the importance of the shield, not just the name so yeah, Sam is awesome as the Falcon, but for the remainder of Mackie's time in the MCU I would like to see him as Captain America. (unless they pull out a great third option that I'm not imagining (Isiah Bradley might be an option, but he'd be a new character to the audience, which would be less than satisfying and the actor is older so that's less likely realistically...))

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Feige said the show will tackle how we handle metal illness in our society. yea it just depends how much they wanna dive into it. They got an actor capable of doing the heavy lifting. I hope they play up the, is he blessed by Khonshu or is he just crazy stuff
    I think Marvel is becoming more sensitive to these things.

My problem with "dark and gritty" characters is they always seem to be justifying abusive behavior or destructive ideas like violent vigilantism. I might be wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    A lot of great points being made here, but rather than dissect race politics I will just say that for the MCU, which has to move forward in time unlike the comics and we can't have Steve Rogers as Cap forever, I want to see Sam take up the mantle and be Captain America.(but not as a government stooge) The show seems to be leading us towards this and almost anything else would seem like a disappointment. I wondered for a sec, "what if Sam takes on the name, but Bucky remains his partner and holds the shield?" But no - that wouldn't work either. They've emphasized the importance of the shield, not just the name so yeah, Sam is awesome as the Falcon, but for the remainder of Mackie's time in the MCU I would like to see him as Captain America. (unless they pull out a great third option that I'm not imagining (Isiah Bradley might be an option, but he'd be a new character to the audience, which would be less than satisfying and the actor is older so that's less likely realistically...))
    My question is how Sam will use the shield while flying

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Steve had a system to attract the shield in Age of Ultron. They might bring that back.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Steve had a system to attract the shield in Age of Ultron. They might bring that back.
    Why'd they get rid of that in the first place? I liked it.

Ultimate Member

Why'd they get rid of that in the first place? I liked it.
    Probably to demonstrate his skill without it. After AoU, Cap lost the shield in Civil War, didn't have it in Infinity War and didn't much need it in Endgame

Ultimate Member

Probably to demonstrate his skill without it. After AoU, Cap lost the shield in Civil War, didn't have it in Infinity War and didn't much need it in Endgame
    Makes sense. One thing about Cap that always bugged me was when he throws his shield, he's defenseless against powerful enemies, and without the magnetic retraction device, he can't as easily get it back

They'd never do it, but he could strap it on Redwing - then the shield could fly around on its own shooting missles and lasers at people!

Ultimate Member

They'd never do it, but he could strap it on Redwing - then the shield could fly around on its own shooting missles and lasers at people!
    haha, the image in my head right now is pretty goofy. But I like Redwing a lot.

Makes sense. One thing about Cap that always bugged me was when he throws his shield, he's defenseless against powerful enemies, and without the magnetic retraction device, he can't as easily get it back
    He gets it back easily without the magnetic device all the time. It usually ricochets back to him...

I don't see them doing it as a constant thing, but I can see them having a cool action sequence with Redwing and the shield. It would definitely distinguish his handling of it from Steve's.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

What's always bugged me about the shield is how fatal it can be. He throws it at people and it's a blunt object. He throws it at robot or anything that's not a living thing and it cuts through them like a hot knife through butter.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    He gets it back easily without the magnetic device all the time. It usually ricochets back to him...

I don't see them doing it as a constant thing, but I can see them having a cool action sequence with Redwing and the shield. It would definitely distinguish his handling of it from Steve's.
    True, it does ricochet. But he still temporary loses his one defense

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What's always bugged me about the shield is how fatal it can be. He throws it at people and it's a blunt object. He throws it at robot or anything that's not a living thing and it cuts through them like a hot knife through butter.
    Yeah, forgot about that. Although the Ultron bots were way too weak

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's the angles, yeah, that's it! Cap is perfect with the angles

Ultimate Member

It's the angles, yeah, that's it! Cap is perfect with the angles
    I suppose he can also control how hard he throws, depending on whether he wants to kill or simply injure the enemy.