Page 24 of 145 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I suppose he can also control how hard he throws, depending on whether he wants to kill or simply injure the enemy.
    If the shield smashed through Ultron bots rather than cut them I could believe that. He must have a retractable blade on the edges of his shield

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What's always bugged me about the shield is how fatal it can be. He throws it at people and it's a blunt object. He throws it at robot or anything that's not a living thing and it cuts through them like a hot knife through butter.
    To this day my favorite use of his shield was breaking up the fight between Thor and Iron Man. He just bounces it off of both their faces, and they totally both let it slide! That, my friend is how you know Cap has balls.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    To this day my favorite use of his shield was breaking up the fight between Thor and Iron Man. He just bounces it off of both their faces, and they totally both let it slide! That, my friend is how you know Cap has balls.
    Haha, that was great. Although was Thor planning on killing Cap right there?

I know the Mind Stone messed everyone up but would he really go there?

Haha, that was great. Although was Thor planning on killing Cap right there?

I know the Mind Stone messed everyone up but would he really go there?
    Well Thor is pretty good with his hammer, like supreme master level, and I don't think he is ever careless with it or would lose control of it. So I think he got mad at Cap and wanted to teach him a lesson rather than kill him. In other words, he pulled his punch and the leap was mostly for intimidation effect.

Falcon using the shield while also flying around is an odd concept to me. I'd much prefer a grounded Captain America, its kind of ridiculous for a flyer to use a shield. Physically it would mess up maneuverability and if it were hit while he was flying it would set him off course. Just makes no sense.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Well Thor is pretty good with his hammer, like supreme master level, and I don't think he is ever careless with it or would lose control of it. So I think he got mad at Cap and wanted to teach him a lesson rather than kill him. In other words, he pulled his punch and the leap was mostly for intimidation effect.
    Makes sense.

Falcon using the shield while also flying around is an odd concept to me. I'd much prefer a grounded Captain America, its kind of ridiculous for a flyer to use a shield. Physically it would mess up maneuverability and if it were hit while he was flying it would set him off course. Just makes no sense.
    yeah, I'm kinda worried about that

Falcon/Cap/Redbird have done some cool stuff with the shield in the comic.

I imagine they'll do some of that with Bucky and Sam.

The other thing is Sam might get grounded in the near future since Falcon II is at least introduced.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-25-2021 at 12:15 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Falcon/Cap/Redbird have done some cool stuff with the shield in the comic.

I imagine they'll do some of that with Bucky and Sam.

The other thing is Sam might get grounded in the near future since Falcon II is at least introduced.
    We could get two Falcons

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

We could get two Falcons
    If Sam does become Cap then someone will need to take up his old moniker.

I find this to be a strange take. I mean, if you can accept a shield bouncing around like a rubber ball and coming back like a boomerang, or accept a shield absorbing a blow from Thor's hammer yet somehow Cap being knocked around when non-powered Batroc kicks his shield, then you can accept a flyer not being knocked off course. I don't see any reason he'd give up his wings just because he gains the shield. He needs to be his own version of Cap.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If the shield smashed through Ultron bots rather than cut them I could believe that. He must have a retractable blade on the edges of his shield
    Not just the force involved, but also the angle would influence whether a finely honed, but not necessarily sharpened edge will bash or cleave. Thrown with any elevation or declination at all and the gentle curve of the shield would alter those properties. Perfectly side on, the edge should cleave with enough velocity. But, particularly when thrown at a downward angle (assuming it is thrown parallel to the ground anyway), it would be far more likely to bash.

And that's before we get into how it's Vibranium construction might interact with the physics.

And that's the thing, guys. The shield is Vibranium. It is effectively magic, and can behave however the story needs it to behave.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    I find this to be a strange take. I mean, if you can accept a shield bouncing around like a rubber ball and coming back like a boomerang, or accept a shield absorbing a blow from Thor's hammer yet somehow Cap being knocked around when non-powered Batroc kicks his shield, then you can accept a flyer not being knocked off course. I don't see any reason he'd give up his wings just because he gains the shield. He needs to be his own version of Cap.
    I definitely don't want him to give up the wings

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Not just the force involved, but also the angle would influence whether a finely honed, but not necessarily sharpened edge will bash or cleave. Thrown with any elevation or declination at all and the gentle curve of the shield would alter those properties. Perfectly side on, the edge should cleave with enough velocity. But, particularly when thrown at a downward angle (assuming it is thrown parallel to the ground anyway), it would be far more likely to bash.

And that's before we get into how it's Vibranium construction might interact with the physics.

And that's the thing, guys. The shield is Vibranium. It is effectively magic, and can behave however the story needs it to behave.
    I think the Ultron bots were just made to be too weak to be another disposable army of goons

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Steve had a system to attract the shield in Age of Ultron. They might bring that back.

Mighty Member

So, in news related to toy spoilers from earlier in the week, we now have leaks from the Marvel Legends wave devoted to this series. Potential spoilers ahead, so I'll code my comments.

http://marvelousnews.com/252-28376

spoilers:
    Walker as US Agent? Didn't expect that, and I wonder if we'll see it in the series proper or if the black colors will be toy only. But the real news is the Build-A-Figure, which appears to be the wings for Captain Falcon's suit. We know a Falcon figure is coming in the wave, though we haven't seen it yet, and this almost guarantees that it's Sam as Captain America. Slightly annoying that means you need to collect the entire wave for the entire suit, but it is what it is. Given that both Marvel Selects and Marvel Legends are now doing the Captain Falcon suit, I think it's as close as we can expect
    to confirmation that Sam will in fact be Captain America when all is said and done. Still not 100%, it wouldn't be the first time that a toyline had stuff not from the series. But if the only Falcon they are releasing in the wave is the Cap version, it's hard to imagine it not appearing onscreen.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by ZeroBG82; 03-25-2021 at 06:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    So, in news related to toy spoilers from earlier in the week, we now have leaks from the Marvel Legends wave devoted to this series. Potential spoilers ahead, so I'll code my comments.

http://marvelousnews.com/252-28376

spoilers:
    Walker as US Agent? Didn't expect that, and I wonder if we'll see it in the series proper or if the black colors will be toy only. But the real news is the Build-A-Figure, which appears to be the wings for Captain Falcon's suit. We know a Falcon figure is coming in the wave, thought we haven't seen it yet, and this almost guarantees that it's Sam as Captain America. Slightly annoying that means you need to collect the entire wave for the entire suit, but it is what it is. Given that both Marvel Selects and Marvel Legends are now doing off the Captain Falcon suit, I think it's as close as we can expect
    to confirmation that Sam will in fact be Captain America when all is said and done. Still not 100%, it wouldn't be the first time that a toyline had stuff not from the series. But if they only Falcon they are releasing in the wave is the Cap version, it's hard to imagine it not appearing onscreen.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The USAgent thing is arguably more interesting for the name change then it is for the costume change. The show already had him pronounced on screen as the New Captain America.

Three theories:

1. Walker will be the nuanced antagonist unworthy of the shield and ID of Captain America, and will still be used to demonstrate the problem with jingoism and nationalism vs patriotism, but will reveal enough virtues and discipline that when Sam wins out and take the mantle, Walker takes up a different one and seeks some kind of atonement in his new ID as an anti-heroic ally.

2. Sam and others appeal the Captain America ID being given to Walker, and manage to have the DoD rename and repackage Walker until he can earn the desired ID. Walker remains an antagonist, but is played very much here as the “evil” Cap nominee.

3. A mix of the above two - Walker loses the battle for the shield to Sam, and is give the USAgent ID afterwards, but he’s still an antagonist going forward.
    end of spoilers
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP