Page 27 of 145 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

I hope they do more for the Young Avengers than the comics did.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm kinda surprised Walker isn't enhanced. I mean, yeah this is a world with characters like Hawkeye and Widow, but still. Seems like that's asking to get your Cap smeared.

He was damn good with the shield, though
    It's thematic. John was the opposite of what Steve was before he got the serum

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I hope they do more for the Young Avengers than the comics did.
    The way so far these shows are going deep with character building I have faith in them if they keep investing this much in character building they should easily make them bigger. I feel the same way about a lot of the more peripheral figures they are bringing to the forefront here. This one at a time, well two with Billy and Tommy, methodical introduction in their own little worlds so far is exactly how it should be. Before you start bringing them together. They make sense so far not shoehorned in.

This is why I have such high hopes for X-Men under this umbrella too. We will finally get actual developed characters not just criminally underdeveloped,special effects showpieces.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 03-26-2021 at 09:56 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Which is what I am saying. The person who is threatening the Flag smasher on the phone might be Walker. Just a theory

Almost forgot the Young Avengers(champions) seem to be getting introduced on the Disney+ series. Speed and Wiccan(Wandavision), Patriot(Falcon and Winter Solider), Kate Bishop(Hawkeye). Stature is already introduced in Antman. They could go in another direction and add Ms. Marvel, America Chavez and Riri Williams to that group as well. So I guess Hulking could show up in the Secret Invasion show.
    I'm pretty sure Ms. Marvel and Ironheart are Champions in the comics, so they might not make into the MCU YA, especially if they don't want to have too many characters on the team at once

Saw the episode and liked it. Walker is more likeable here than in the comics. The buddy cop comedy is hit or miss but Sam and Bucky sell it by the end.

I thought Zemo was on the cellphone but I'm probably wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    The way so far these shows are going deep with character building I have faith in them if they keep investing this much in character building they should easily make them bigger. I feel the same way about a lot of the more peripheral figures they are bringing to the forefront here. This one at a time, well two with Billy and Tommy, methodical introduction in their own little worlds so far is exactly how it should be. Before you start bringing them together. They make sense so far not shoehorned in.

This is why I have such high hopes for X-Men under this umbrella too. We will finally get actual developed characters not just criminally underdeveloped,special effects showpieces.
    Oh, I like the slow build up that's been happening. I like that the Young Avengers have been introduced one at a time in various properties. My problem lies solely with the comics- when it first came out, I was expecting Young Avengers to be Marvel's answer to the Teen Titans. I wanted a long-running series. Instead, we got two volumes, and then a hodge-podge of appearances later on, most of the original cast split off and went their separate ways, and there was a second run that I missed completely. And that was a disappointment to me.

Oh, I like the slow build up that's been happening. I like that the Young Avengers have been introduced one at a time in various properties. My problem lies solely with the comics- when it first came out, I was expecting Young Avengers to be Marvel's answer to the Teen Titans. I wanted a long-running series. Instead, we got two volumes, and then a hodge-podge of appearances later on, most of the original cast split off and went their separate ways, and there was a second run that I missed completely. And that was a disappointment to me.
    That's what comes from hiring television writers

Ultimate Member

The comics should have been more consistent with them. But as usual they fall back to the old standards

Astonishing Member

I think that underdevelopment in comics will help actually. They have more license to be creative and develop farther than even the comics have. Take Tommy for example. Hes still vastly underdeveloped as an individual compared to Wiccan his brother whos a LGBT superstar couple.

They could do a lot more with him in the tv realm if they wanted too

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You do realize that when first introduced John Walker and Battlestar they were kinda bad guys right?
    More misguided than straight-up bad guys, if I remember right.

I think Walker will probably end up being an antagonist but I don't think he's going to be a villain.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    That's what comes from hiring television writers
    Joe Q didn't need to be insistent on that TV writer. Someone else who was available could have steered the ship.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    More misguided than straight-up bad guys, if I remember right.

I think Walker will probably end up being an antagonist but I don't think he's going to be a villain.
    Yeah, they weren't bad guys.

They were actually good guys but somewhat more extreme than Captain America.

Particularly John Walker, the guy pretty much lost his mind and went on a murderous vengeance spree after his parents got killed.

But damn, Walker is a powerhouse in the comics...I was hoping to see that in the series.
    Last edited by Username taken; 03-26-2021 at 10:57 AM.

Astonishing Member

I liked the episode. Except the one thing that bothered me is the Trucks just driving off down the road with no one following. They have a helicopter drop new cap off. They have a c-130 drop Flacon and winter soldier off. They have resources but drop 2 guys down to stop this super important transport. Then the heros get knocked off, and the trucks just drive down the road. But oh well I suppose that is tv.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, they weren't bad guys.

They were actually good guys but somewhat more extreme than Captain America.

Particularly John Walker, the guy pretty much lost his mind and went on a murderous vengeance spree after his parents got killed.

But damn, Walker is a powerhouse in the comics...I was hoping to see that in the series.

I don't know if they have the time to fit everything in but you might. He might end up getting an injection to deal with these super- soldiers. That might drive him insane.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    From the buildup so far I can see him getting it , possibly from Powerbroker before we are all done here. After building up his feelings of inadequacy and not being able to hold his own with these super soldiers. Feeling the pressure put on him by all the marketing and buildup. Take the upgrade from the bad guy to do "good things" angle.
    Well hopefully Battlestar gets it too. In the comic both Walker & Hoskins got their super strength from the Powerbroker. They need to give Battlestar his shield as well. Giving this new Cap a a defenseless partner is kinda silly lol.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store