Page 28 of 145 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was that Walker's wife (who he does not have in the comics)? I only ask because they seem close and it seems like they were romantically involved in high school, plus that "I love you."
    I assumed she's his girlfriend at least.

Battlestar! It was nice to see Lemar turn up as Walker's buddy and then as his probably government-sponsored Falcon equivalent like in the comics.
    Probably? Seemed straight forward to be the case.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

I kinda hope we get a flashback to Isaiah doing dirt back in the day defiently like that John Walker isn't some one dimensional bad guy. I think he means well and something gonna happen to him. But who knows where they are going with it. Maybe it's just an act

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I kinda hope we get a flashback to Isaiah doing dirt back in the day defiently like that John Walker isn't some one dimensional bad guy. I think he means well and something gonna happen to him. But who knows where they are going with it. Maybe it's just an act
    So far Walker doesn't seem to be a bad guy so much as a rival. I hope it stays that way.

Extraordinary Member

I like this ep better than the 1st. Sam and WS have some good chemistry, I wonder how much input the actors have in the quips. Some of them are really funny.Isiah being MCU canon adds some weight to the Cap title imo.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 03-26-2021 at 02:16 PM.

I wonder if Isiah had a Cap costume, although I feel like that would've been noticed in Korea.

Extraordinary Member

Interesting thing about the way Walker is described in this episode is that it sounds a lot like what the regular comics version of Cap had from the super soldier serum compared to the MCU and Ultimate version: “peak human conditioning.” The way Walker is described sounds like it’s supposed to be just below superhuman.

Now... the interesting thing about that is what it may or may not have to do with the Power Broker. For all we know, Walker may actually have some off-brand serum already with a much lessened effect that still provides an explanation for his highly unusual physics all attributes... or it’s possible the sheer exemplary nature of his dossier is a public relationship construct for someone who’s actually just a very good soldier... or maybe he *is* physically exemplary, but will be pushed into getting the super soldier serum from the Power Broker so he’s not shown up by the Flag Smashers.

I think Power Broker is here for a reason, and I can’t help but feel like the Flash Smashers are going to be short term over-arching antagonists - them running away from Power Broker can”t mean anything good about him, but he himself isn’t really main antagonist worthy either. I think we’re still going to end up with Zemo and Walker on opposite sides of the latter half of the story’s antagonism for our heroes.

I have to admit, I really like how they handled Walker here. They’re going for a more nuanced thing then they might otherwise have done, and they’re embracing how needlingly unsettling Cap could have been with a few tweaks to his presentation. “It’s always that last line” indeed.

The GRC seems like they’re going to get some flaws and biases revealed; I suspect we’ll find out they have genuinely done something to upset the Flag Smashers.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I want Russell Wyatt to star in the reboot of "Big Trouble in Little China."

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

We should definitely get a flashback of Isaiah handing Bucky his ass in the Korean War.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- Sam gets to jump out of the back of a cargo plane sans chute - a Marvel hero staple!!
    And now Bucky gets to do it! (albeit out the door)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Isiah had a Cap costume, although I feel like that would've been noticed in Korea.
    I kinda doubt that. Cap's uniform was a propaganda thing, to start with.

Plus, giving him a uniform and distinct ID probably would have made the people in charge uncomfortable.

And would give Sam reason to take up the mantle now. He can serve where Isiah couldn't

Ultimate Member

Idk, this makes me think Sam would want to put even more distance from the legacy

Astonishing Member

So far I think the show is pretty good. Not great but pretty good. I think part of my issue is I have a little to high expectations for tv. And after all these are not movies these are in the end tv shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Idk, this makes me think Sam would want to put even more distance from the legacy
    I don't think so. Given how angry he was about Isaiah situation makes me think the opposite. It wouldn't surprise me if telling the world about him is the first thing he does when he becomes Cap.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think so. Given how angry he was about Isaiah situation makes me think the opposite. It wouldn't surprise me if telling the world about him is the first thing he does when he becomes Cap.
    Oh, I do think he's want to tell the world about it, but I'm not sure he'd be as comfortable being part of it

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Oh, I do think he's want to tell the world about it, but I'm not sure he'd be as comfortable being part of it
    I think he will because he would want Isaiah to honored and acknowledged for his service.