Page 31 of 145 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Yeah but it's not the same characterization as they started with
    Idk. I feel it's an evolution. He's still the same guy, but he's experienced a lot and that's changed him

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Idk. I feel it's an evolution. He's still the same guy, but he's experienced a lot and that's changed him
    It doesn't make sense that what he's experienced would evolve him into one of the Marx Brothers.

But enough. This isn't a Thor thread.

Ultimate Member

It doesn't make sense that what he's experienced would evolve him into one of the Marx Brothers.

But enough. This isn't a Thor thread.
    Yeah, I guess we'll agree to disagree

To the main point, I feel shows like WandaVision make the universe feel like an actual universe

Quick question, Since when has anyone called Falcon "Black Falcon"? It felt like the show was trying to make a statement with that scene but Falcon isn't the character to make that statement with.

The most prominent black hero with black in his name is....Black Panther. It felt like the writer chickened out calling out Black Panther and instead just created the "Black Falcon" thing out of thin air, unless it was a diss on Black Lightning.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Quick question, Since when has anyone called Falcon "Black Falcon"? It felt like the show was trying to make a statement with that scene but Falcon isn't the character to make that statement with.

The most prominent black hero with black in his name is....Black Panther. It felt like the writer chickened out calling out Black Panther and instead just created the "Black Falcon" thing out of thin air, unless it was a diss on Black Lightning.
    I think it might be something civilians say in the universe si we haven't heard it before.

It could also be a stealth Key & Peele reference

I think it might be something civilians say in the universe si we haven't heard it before.

It could also be a stealth Key & Peele reference
    That whole scene should have been cut because it doesn't work without using a hero with black in his name as an example.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

That whole scene should have been cut because it doesn't work without using a hero with black in his name as an example.
    I think the joke is people assume he's Black Falcon because he's Black

BANNED

I think you pretty much missed the whole point of that scene.

I think you pretty much missed the whole point of that scene.
    Nah, It's was like watching someone attempt to tell a very old joke and butcher it. I'm well aware of what they were attempting because almost every comic reader of color and a certain age has made the same observation.

BANNED

Nah, It's was like watching someone attempt to tell a very old joke and butcher it. I'm well aware of what they were attempting because almost every comic reader of color and a certain age has made the same observation.
    A person of color and not a certain age feels differently?

Realistically, how many times have you heard someone (who wasn't an Avenger) in the MCU refer to Sam as "The Falcon?" Is it that much of a strain to think some people, even a sizeable percentage of the MCU, might have the name wrong? Especially when there's also a Black Panther out there too?
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

I have to say I am really enjoying the series. It really is elevating the characters of Sam and Bucky and telling an interesting story. It’s also nice to see the world of the MCU expanding on lore and tackling real world issues like race and racism. I been on Reddit and other nerd/ fan related sites and it’s been positive. It’s just disheartening when you see those “fans” who are calling the show too “woke” or political because it dares talk about Sam being black and the racism even a minority Avenger would still face.

It’s funny considering some Marvel haters say the MCU is too kiddie or to humor focused. Then when a MCU starts to tackle real world issues like race or racism it’s “ too political or social”. Some of the fan base ( mainly white fans) just don’t like feel uncomfortable, it reminds me of Fox News hosts when black athletes or celebrities speak out on issues they are told to “shut up and dribble”. Not to offended anyone but it’s ironic large amount fans of super heroes ( who are suppose to represent the best of humanity) are cool with racism or ignorant narrow minded views.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 03-27-2021 at 07:26 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I have to say I am really enjoying the series. It really is elevating the characters of Sam and Bucky and telling an interesting story. It’s also nice to see the world of the MCU expanding on lore and tackling real world issues like race and racism. I been on Reddit and other nerd/ fan related sites and it’s been positive. It’s just disheartening when you see those “fans” who are calling the show too “woke” or political because it dares talk about Sam being black and the racism even minority Avenger would still face.

It’s funny considering some Marvel haters say it’s too kiddie or to humor focused. Then when a MCU starts to tackle real world issues like race or racism it’s “ too political or social”. Some of the fan base ( mainly white fans) just don’t like feel uncomfortable, it reminds me of Fox News hosts when black athletes or celebrities speak out on issues they are told to “shut up and dribble”. Not to offended anyone but it’s ironic large amount fans of super heroes ( who are suppose to represent the best of humanity) are cool with racism or ignorant narrow minded views.

Anyway, the show has some interesting stuff going on with Zemo and the Flag Smashers and how the world is dealing with life after The Snap. Hopefully the show delivers like Wanda vision!
    Fox News isn't known for morals or integrity

I generally ignore people whining about "being too woke"

Fox News isn't known for morals or integrity

I generally ignore people whining about "being too woke"
    Yea I do my best to ignore them and that kinda messaging on that network.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Yea I do my best to ignore them and that kinda messaging on that network.
    Agreed. And FaWS isn't even super woke. It's just confronting the racial hierarchy of the USA in it's own way. Those critics are just fragile

And I don't get how this series is "kiddie" either