Page 33 of 145 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

reminds me of the joke from black vulcan on harvey birdman attorney at law

"I used to go by 'Supervolt', "Black Vulcan" was Aquaman's idea!"

also isaiah was big mad maybe they could make him a hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Good question, but not really related to becoming Captain America. Where would he show up if he remained Falcon? Where would Bucky or Sharon show up, for that matter?
    Falcon and Winter Soldier season 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think they've become more concerned with it in recent years. Plus Thor's latest appearances have given plenty of characterization to him IMO
    By basically turning him into comic Hercules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Quick question, Since when has anyone called Falcon "Black Falcon"? It felt like the show was trying to make a statement with that scene but Falcon isn't the character to make that statement with.

The most prominent black hero with black in his name is....Black Panther. It felt like the writer chickened out calling out Black Panther and instead just created the "Black Falcon" thing out of thin air, unless it was a diss on Black Lightning.
    Am I wrong in thinking there's an actual Black Falcon character?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Realistically, how many times have you heard someone (who wasn't an Avenger) in the MCU refer to Sam as "The Falcon?" Is it that much of a strain to think some people, even a sizeable percentage of the MCU, might have the name wrong? Especially when there's also a Black Panther out there too?
    I think this show is the most they've ever used his codename. I think the last time it was said out loud was Winter Solider.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Am I wrong in thinking there's an actual Black Falcon character?
    There was a Blue Falcon, but not AFAIK, a Black Falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    There was a Blue Falcon, but not AFAIK, a Black Falcon.
    I might be thinking of BF or Black Condor.

Ultimate Member

By basically turning him into comic Hercules.
    I can kinda see that. But to me Thor was kinda like that in the earlier movies, just not overtly so. For most of Ragnarok, he's still more serious than everyone else IMHO, and in IW and EG he's more solemn and depressed than ever.

I hope we see more of Rhodey and Sam. While I enjoyed their chat, I hope it might actually lead to a Sam appearance in "Armor Wars." It's also too bad Rhodey didn't get to weigh in on Sam's situation based on his time as "Iron Patriot" when he was lauded as the face of government-sponsored, flag-waving superheroism. What happened there anyway? His armor was stolen, he rescued the President, then ... went back to being War Machine? They never really exaplained that, did they?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I hope we see more of Rhodey. While I enjoyed their conversation, I hope it might actually lead to a Sam appearance in "Armor Wars." It's also too bad Rhodey didn't get to weigh in on Sam's situation based on his time as "Iron Patriot" when he was lauded as the face of government-sponsored, flag-waving superheroism. What happened there anyway? His armor was stolen, he rescued the President, then ... went back to being War Machine? They never really exaplained that, did they?
    They might expand on that in Armor Wars. Although considering the history of the US government and African-Americans, I hope Rhodey can reflect on whether being in that branch of the government is still a good thing

Extraordinary Member

I hope we see more of Rhodey. While I enjoyed their conversation, I hope it might actually lead to a Sam appearance in "Armor Wars." It's also too bad Rhodey didn't get to weigh in on Sam's situation based on his time as "Iron Patriot" when he was lauded as the face of government-sponsored, flag-waving superheroism. What happened there anyway? His armor was stolen, he rescued the President, then ... went back to being War Machine? They never really exaplained that, did they?
    Presumably, the paint job and alias went the same direction as Pepper’s powers - faded into obscurity roughly around the time of Age of Ultron.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I can kinda see that. But to me Thor was kinda like that in the earlier movies, just not overtly so. For most of Ragnarok, he's still more serious than everyone else IMHO, and in IW and EG he's more solemn and depressed than ever.
    I think that was more accurate to his pre-character development self in the first movie. Ragnarok he was about as serious as anyone could be in that movie.

IW probably had the most balanced take before they went full-on parody in EG.
    I hope we see more of Rhodey and Sam. While I enjoyed their chat, I hope it might actually lead to a Sam appearance in "Armor Wars." It's also too bad Rhodey didn't get to weigh in on Sam's situation based on his time as "Iron Patriot" when he was lauded as the face of government-sponsored, flag-waving superheroism. What happened there anyway? His armor was stolen, he rescued the President, then ... went back to being War Machine? They never really exaplained that, did they?
    The movie made it pretty clear he preferred War Machine. I think they just felt it was appropriate to retire "Iron Patriot" after it got hijacked by a terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Presumably, the paint job and alias went the same direction as Pepper’s powers - faded into obscurity roughly around the time of Age of Ultron.
    Pepper's powers disappearing made sense since it came with Extremis and was highly unstable. Tony mentioned at the end of the fight that he could fix it, so he presumably did. With Rhodey reappearing as War Machine, one can connect the dots but I don't think it was ever explicitly stated why he went back or how much was him and how much was the government ditching it. And while it certainly wasn't relevant at the time, Rhodey's appearance on this show considering the themes could be an interesting opportunity.

Ultimate Member

I think that was more accurate to his pre-character development self in the first movie. Ragnarok he was about as serious as anyone could be in that movie.

IW probably had the most balanced take before they went full-on parody in EG.

The movie made it pretty clear he preferred War Machine. I think they just felt it was appropriate to retire "Iron Patriot" after it got hijacked by a terrorist.
    Idk if parody is the right word.

But I don't see War Machine going back to Iron Patriot. After seeing the direction FaWS is taking, I think Rhodey might actually question patriotism is his own show

Extraordinary Member

Idk if parody is the right word.

But I don't see War Machine going back to Iron Patriot. After seeing the direction FaWS is taking, I think Rhodey might actually question patriotism is his own show
    The trick is the difference between patriotism (love and service to your country) and nationalism (believe in your country’s superiority, alongside generally an exclusionary principle as to who “doesn’t count.”) The patriot, for instance, seeks to correct his country when it goes wrong, while a nationalist tends to push his country along towards aggression and oppression.

I’m very curious how they might handle what seem inevitably a conflict between a core facet of the MCU from the past and what’s likely a facet of the future: patriotic heroes literally wearing the flag, and a government that is suppos3 to become hostile and belligerent enough to put the mutants in danger.

There’s a chance we have a smattering of “outlaw patriot” characters alongside “internal reformist patriot” heroes.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The trick is the difference between patriotism (love and service to your country) and nationalism (believe in your country’s superiority, alongside generally an exclusionary principle as to who “doesn’t count.”) The patriot, for instance, seeks to correct his country when it goes wrong, while a nationalist tends to push his country along towards aggression and oppression.

I’m very curious how they might handle what seem inevitably a conflict between a core facet of the MCU from the past and what’s likely a facet of the future: patriotic heroes literally wearing the flag, and a government that is suppos3 to become hostile and belligerent enough to put the mutants in danger.

There’s a chance we have a smattering of “outlaw patriot” characters alongside “internal reformist patriot” heroes.
    That is a good definition of patriotism. It's often co-opted by nationalists who don't actually like whole groups of their country, especially in places like the USA.

Idk how that'll tie into mutants. I'm quite sure the Avengers would be on the mutants' side.

Astonishing Member

I am going to chalk this up as really weird filming choice. Bucky breaks into the back of the truck, yet the other bad guy truck can see what he is doing the entire time and was literally looking right at them. I am unsure why they chose to film that scene like this. Maybe the Flag smashers just wanted Bucky to go in there and see what they were moving then get beat up by the women. But I would think they might have a better plan than this. Just an odd way to do that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I dont know about that. I mean right now they are basically putting him in the hawkeye, Black widow, Falcon class. Very good shape but not enhanced. I never really got where the heck Caps power level is in the movies. At times he seems peak human and other times he seems superhuman. Same with Winter Soldier. I mean right now he can jump out of a plane hit the ground and barely get hurt. That is way way way above peak human. I think they way they show things is anyone with the Super Soldier serum looks to be maybe half as strong as spider-man? Maybe more? I don't really know. I mean the winter soldier just threw himself out of a plane going 200mph at 1000 feet and got up like nothing. But ahhhhh what the heck I don't think strength or power levels have ever been really consistent in comics either.
    Cap, Bucky, and everyone else that has taken some form of super soldier serum in the mcu are clearly superhuman. We see Cap holding a motorcycle with three woman on it over his head in First Avenger. He stopped a helicopter from taking off. Various other superhuman feats. Now one thing they did that didn't makes sense was Cap pausing to fight normal ass Batroc while in the middle of his mission in CA:WS. Still one of my favorite marvel movies, but it has it's flaws.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store