Page 34 of 145 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Cap, Bucky, and everyone else that has taken some form of super soldier serum in the mcu are clearly superhuman. We see Cap holding a motorcycle with three woman on it over his head in First Avenger. He stopped a helicopter from taking off. Various other superhuman feats. Now one thing they did that didn't makes sense was Cap pausing to fight normal ass Batroc while in the middle of his mission in CA:WS. Still one of my favorite marvel movies, but it has it's flaws.

Yea they sort of do the same thing in comics all the time to. Not necessarily with Cap but sometimes. Nothing is really consistent. Lets face it I don't care how Strong Kingpin is Spider-man should just destroy him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    You just explained why the joke didn't work.
    Aha. I begin to see your point. If the scene is perceived as a joke, there are all sorts of misrepresentations you can attribute to it.

The scene was not a joke.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Aha. I begin to see your point. If the scene is perceived as a joke, there are all sorts of misrepresentations you can attribute to it.

The scene was not a joke.

Exactly the scene wasn't a joke. The only joke may have been Falcon telling the kid that he will just call him Black kid. But the scene itself wasn't a joke at all. Just so weird how people can see the same thing yet see two different things.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i think there was some fun-poking at lazy naming conventions of past comic decades

plus that fits with MCU's wide-net writing

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Yea they sort of do the same thing in comics all the time to. Not necessarily with Cap but sometimes. Nothing is really consistent. Lets face it I don't care how Strong Kingpin is Spider-man should just destroy him.
    Power levels are notoriously inconsistent all across the board. As far as super soldiers like Cap go, they definitely have increased speed and strength and enhanced toughness, plus at least a minor healing factor. At one point, Steve Rogers was said to be three times the strength and speed of an ordinary trained soldier. Which is impressive, but he regularly ends up going against gods and titans, so who really knows?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Power levels are notoriously inconsistent all across the board. As far as super soldiers like Cap go, they definitely have increased speed and strength and enhanced toughness, plus at least a minor healing factor. At one point, Steve Rogers was said to be three times the strength and speed of an ordinary trained soldier. Which is impressive, but he regularly ends up going against gods and titans, so who really knows?
    Yea the super-soldier serum in the MCU makes you way more than peak human. I don't know if they are at spider-man level or where.

Extraordinary Member

Yea the super-soldier serum in the MCU makes you way more than peak human. I don't know if they are at spider-man level or where.
    I think they’ve firmly established Spidey as at least being somewhat above Bucky’s tier of enhanced strength and speed (which *may* be somewhat less than Steve’s), because Spidey easily caught a robot arm punch from Bucky without even flinching, could catch a full size speeding car, and could give a good try at holding two sides of a large ferry together. I think Steve’s most impressive feat thus far is arguably holding Bucky’s helicopter secured long enough for it to wreck in Civil War, while T’Challa’s might be wrestling that Rhino down.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

Depends on who we're talking about.

I think Bucky is peak human. He's overpowered all the human fighters he's encountered, but when fighting T'Challa or Cap, never had the physical advantage.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I think they’ve firmly established Spidey as at least being somewhat above Bucky’s tier of enhanced strength and speed (which *may* be somewhat less than Steve’s), because Spidey easily caught a robot arm punch from Bucky without even flinching, could catch a full size speeding car, and could give a good try at holding two sides of a large ferry together. I think Steve’s most impressive feat thus far is arguably holding Bucky’s helicopter secured long enough for it to wreck in Civil War, while T’Challa’s might be wrestling that Rhino down.
    I guess but Cap also went toe to toe with Iron Man. Thats pretty impressive. I don't know what his strength level is. But the dude can take punishment like wolverine. He has to be pretty strong to hit Iron man and stun him.

Ultimate Member

I guess but Cap also went toe to toe with Iron Man. Thats pretty impressive. I don't know what his strength level is. But the dude can take punishment like wolverine. He has to be pretty strong to hit Iron man and stun him.
    I feel Cap shouldn't have been able to take on Iron Man. Cap is one of my favorite characters but he's not too strong compared to other heroes IMO

Ultimate Member

Well, he did have an indestructible shield to assist. Plus, the terrain meant that Tony couldn't get any distance on him to collect his wits.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Depends on who we're talking about.

I think Bucky is peak human. He's overpowered all the human fighters he's encountered, but when fighting T'Challa or Cap, never had the physical advantage.

He is more than peak human. He just ran like a super-human to catch up to a truck, and jumped out of an airplane going 200 mph at 1000 ft and got up without a scratch.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah MCU Cap.T'Challa,Bucky def above peak human.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Well, he did have an indestructible shield to assist. Plus, the terrain meant that Tony couldn't get any distance on him to collect his wits.
    That's true. Tony could have wiped him out with his various weapons, though I'm glad he didn't

Tony was also fighting in a damaged suit, if memory serves.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store