Page 36 of 145 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Hawkeye makes, like, no sense. There are real athletes who spend their entire lives training in archery, golf, darts et cetera, who can't do anything like what he does. Are they just not trying hard enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Bullseye is even worse in that regard.
    Maybe they just need to be paid to kill people before they get that good? :P

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Maybe they just need to be paid to kill people before they get that good? :P
    John Matrix was a professional soldier and he an deflect bullets with the sheer manliness of his greased naked pectorals, so you might have a point.

Extraordinary Member

Hawkeye, Bullseye, and possibly Walker now as well, basically exist on the idea of the supremely gifted and disciplined warrior for whom that *is* effectively a superpower, but usually have the most latitude in how wide-ranging their capabilities are for the requirements fo the story - writers have an easier time excusing a brief lapse in skill or a “lucky hit” by an enemy or an “unlucky miss” by themselves. By its very nature, it excuses a bit of inconsistency by the script.

Walker’s also following along in the “insane hand eye coordination” of Clint and Poindexter... which is really just a further development of the marksmanship skills heroes always wind up with it fiction.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Hawkeye makes, like, no sense. There are real athletes who spend their entire lives training in archery, golf, darts et cetera, who can't do anything like what he does. Are they just not trying hard enough?

Yea I think we should probably just start out that all MCU heroes are enhanced even if they say they are not enhanced, but they are at different levels.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Yea I think we should probably just start out that all MCU heroes are enhanced even if they say they are not enhanced, but they are at different levels.
    Hawkeye makes no sense to me in the MCU period. Oh, I'm an alien invasion force but a powerless guy with a medieval weapon stops me!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Hawkeye makes no sense to me in the MCU period. Oh, I'm an alien invasion force but a powerless guy with a medieval weapon stops me!
    Well, a medieval weapon enhanced by having explosive tipped arrowheads that explode like grenades, thanks to whatever ridiculous tech Stark/SHIELD have access to... It's not like he was using an old-timey yew longbow with iron-tipped sticks of wood for arrows.

And these are the same aliens whose big attack ship got blown up by a nuke, because they apparently have never been shot at, in, like, EVER, and have no point defenses at all.

At a certain point, you have to remember the wise words of Crowe T. Robot. "You should remember that it's just a show and just relax."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Well, a medieval weapon enhanced by having explosive tipped arrowheads that explode like grenades, thanks to whatever ridiculous tech Stark/SHIELD have access to... It's not like he was using an old-timey yew longbow with iron-tipped sticks of wood for arrows.

And these are the same aliens whose big attack ship got blown up by a nuke, because they apparently have never been shot at, in, like, EVER, and have no point defenses at all.

At a certain point, you have to remember the wise words of Crowe T. Robot. "You should remember that it's just a show and just relax."
    I get it's a show but if they're not that dangerous, where's the tension? Or why not just make a movie about a small-scale conflict.

I'd like Hawkeye if his arrows were actually cool. In the comics he has all kinds, but in the movies he doesn't seem to. Plus, if Tony can invent crazy arrowheads, can't he create a ballistic weapon for Clint to shoot them with?

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

ultimate verse hawkeye had mechanical eyes

also the sniper from ghost in the shell had an eye implant that can link up with satellites for increased accuracy, i always thought that would be a cool thing to add to MCU clint

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post

also the sniper from ghost in the shell had an eye implant that can link up with satellites for increased accuracy, i always thought that would be a cool thing to add to MCU clint
    That would be cool

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post

That would be cool
    Yikes. Poor Clint! He's already got some artificial side tissues, he'll be as chopped up as MCU Nebula at this rate

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yikes. Poor Clint! He's already got some artificial side tissues, he'll be as chopped up as MCU Nebula at this rate
    At least the artificial tissue isn't noticeable! maybe he can get a fake eye looking like Thor's

I hear he's going to be deaf in the show.

LOL @ "I draw the line at Hawkeye being a super skilled marksman in a universe that was just wiped out by a 9 foot purple alien raisin" that has popped into this thread.

Given what Steve, Bucky, etc. can do ... USAgent, Hawkeye, Bullseye being better than your Olympic athletes is not much of stretch IMHO.

Realism went out the MCU when TIH came out ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    LOL @ "I draw the line at Hawkeye being a super skilled marksman in a universe that was just wiped out by a 9 foot purple alien raisin" that has popped into this thread.

Given what Steve, Bucky, etc. can do ... USAgent, Hawkeye, Bullseye being better than your Olympic athletes is not much of stretch IMHO.

Realism went out the MCU when TIH came out ...
    It's not realism so much as consistency IMO. When some less powerful can take out an enemy, why do we need a more powerful one?

Plus, tbh, I find his action scenes boring. He doesn't have many crazy arrows. It's like he's trapped between realistic and comic book, but not in a good way.

I feel like that about Falcon too. Ooh, he can fly, wow! So can half of these heroes. It's like super strength, it's so common a power that it's not as interesting IMO. Guys like Dr. Strange, Scarlet Witch, Vision, ant-man, Wasp and even Iron Man have actually interesting powers to me

It's not realism so much as consistency IMO. When some less powerful can take out an enemy, why do we need a more powerful one?

Plus, tbh, I find his action scenes boring. He doesn't have many crazy arrows. It's like he's trapped between realistic and comic book, but not in a good way.

I feel like that about Falcon too. Ooh, he can fly, wow! So can half of these heroes. It's like super strength, it's so common a power that it's not as interesting IMO. Guys like Dr. Strange, Scarlet Witch, Vision, ant-man, Wasp and even Iron Man have actually interesting powers to me
    Hawkeye is consistent within the MCU. As is Bullseye and USAgent. Crossbones and Falcon had an encounter that might make your point better but even then, it was still consistent within the MCU.

Hawkeye has yet to have a Deadshot triple or quadruple doinker trick shot. But that might be coming in the Hawkeye show. And he probably has some sort of enhancement.

It's when Agent 13 starts tossing randos when it is off kilter, IMHO.

However, I do 100% agree that Hawkeye needs more crazy-ass trick arrows.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I still wonder what exactly the plan was when Hawkeye was the one chosen to go collect Wanda in Civil War. Any way you look at it, he seems to have been chosen because he was the most expendable. A trick arrow just isn't helping when you are fighting the Visions and Wandas of the world.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.