Page 4 of 145 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Reviews got me excited. I'm gonna Spoiler tag the rest because it's stuff I heard in reviews

spoilers:
    Apparently Falcon is making ends meet by doing contracts for the government taking out criminals(also following the Sakovia accords). From the reviews I heard Falcons action scenes are insane in this episode. But alot of it is him dealing with his personal life. Also him nd Bucky aren't even together. Falcons being a mercenary for the Government to pay the bills and Bucky is dealing with PTSD and is in therapy. Can't wait till Midnight to watch this.
    end of spoilers
    Really, that's what he is?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Reviews got me excited. I'm gonna Spoiler tag the rest because it's stuff I heard in reviews

spoilers:
    Apparently Falcon is making ends meet by doing contracts for the government taking out criminals(also following the Sakovia accords). From the reviews I heard Falcons action scenes are insane in this episode. But alot of it is him dealing with his personal life. Also him nd Bucky aren't even together. Falcons being a mercenary for the Government to pay the bills and Bucky is dealing with PTSD and is in therapy. Can't wait till Midnight to watch this.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I doubt that sticks by the end of the series, but I wonder if they'd send him after Wanda or Spider-Man.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I doubt that sticks by the end of the series, but I wonder if they'd send him after Wanda or Spider-Man.
    end of spoilers
    This was supposed to be before WandaVision so probably not her. The hex might not have happened yet.

This was a solid first episode. Very entertaining. John Walker already looks like a jerk, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post

This was a solid first episode. Very entertaining. John Walker already looks like a jerk, lol.
    The first 15 mins was movie quality action scene once they keep doing that people are going to be happy. The first episode was very solid. It was so good I was reminded why I defend MCU stuff the fact stuff and has quips and jokes doesn't make the heavier stuff less serious the weight of emotional and meaning stuff works inside the action-comedy formula. Anyways very good episode and view of superhero life outside being a superhero is some of the best stuff in a long time imo. The Avengers organizational setup sucks make for an interesting show and comics but yeah heroes would need life insurance, 401k, and medical benefits.

I find it amusing that they took one black character's birthplace and business (Monica Rambeau's Louisiana birthplace and old fishing business that she ran with her dad) and gave it to another black character, Sam.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I find it amusing that they took one black character's birthplace and business (Monica Rambeau's Louisiana birthplace and old fishing business that she ran with her dad) and gave it to another black character, Sam.
    That might be because Anthony Mackie is from Lousianna more than anything else. His parents also owned their own business. (not shrimp)
    Great first ep! A few quick hightlights:
    -- Sam gets to jump out of the back of a cargo plane sans chute - a Marvel hero staple!!
    -- That first action sequence was awesome. They really know how to kick things off, since the rest of the ep was all character-based.
    -- Awesome seeing Rhodey. Loved their conversation. I wasn't sure of the timeline, but these guys both served on Avengers 2.0 with Wanda. I almost thought Rhodey would mention her when he talks about how screwed up everything is, but I've since read this takes place before that.
    -- I can only imagine Bucky's anxiety about his shrink bringing out the notebook. He has a bad history with notebooks - she must know how this is a (literal) trigger for him.
    -- Heartbreaking to see Bucky hanging out with the father of the guy he killed.
    -- I was surprised how heartbreaking it would be to see the reveal of a new Cap. Knowing what it means to Sam is what made it feel like such a gut-punch and betrayal.

This show seems to be setting up a really interesting conversation about nationalism, patriotism, etc. I hope they stay complicated and nuanced with it and don't get preachy, which I don't think they will.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-19-2021 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Considering how many Americans still have trouble thinking of anyone who ain’t WASP *being* a “real” American, embracing that aspect with Falcon as the guy Steve designated for the job of being the “flag on the chest” hero representing the country.

They filmed most of it before 1/6, but it would be delicious if they wound up correctly placing a show where Sam has to deal with the jingoistic false patriots in all manners, including, yes, race.
    Yeah, because Cap movies are known to be so apolitical. ::rollseyes::

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    You noticed that, too huh?

But then again that backstory was up for grabs since MCU Monica comes from a line of Aviators/Astronauts.

I also find kinda it hard to believe that MCU Stark's Avengers was effectively a non-profit and all the members were volunteers (the lady Doc from Age of Ultron and Maria Hill were paid by Stark).

Not complaining, though this was a great episode, with a nice cameo for fans of the Cap movies.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 03-19-2021 at 04:15 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's only politicsl if it's not white men apparently

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Nobody said they weren't political before. It's just that this particular show has the opportunity to hit upon a certain current political situation. We're already seeing it with the "America first" attitude in the speech at the end introducing the new Cap. We'll see where the show goes with it, but it does appear it will try to address today's issues in some form.

I've tried to avoid spoilers and trailers, but I did see Sam and Bucky triaining with the shield in some way. Some people online are saying this means they get the shield away from USAgent, but I think it's a flashback. Maybe that scene set up why Sam didn't think he should have it and why Bucky has been ignoring Sam's texts ... that they had some falling out during that sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I've tried to avoid spoilers and trailers, but I did see Sam and Bucky triaining with the shield in some way. Some people online are saying this means they get the shield away from USAgent, but I think it's a flashback. Maybe that scene set up why Sam didn't think he should have it and why Bucky has been ignoring Sam's texts ... that they had some falling out during that sequence.
    Its probably not a flashback

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    You noticed that, too huh?

But then again that backstory was up for grabs since MCU Monica comes from a line of Aviators/Astronauts.

I also find kinda it hard to believe that MCU Stark's Avengers was effectively a non-profit and all the members were volunteers (the lady Doc from Age of Ultron and Maria Hill were paid by Stark).

Not complaining, though this was a great episode, with a nice cameo for fans of the Cap movies.
    In fairness, that's a draw back of shared canon. All tension disappears if he can call up Pepper and say "Hey, can you spot me a million?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

That has always been the setup of the Avengers tho, Which is why being run by the government always makes more sense you have people committed to that job only that job and they get paid. Avengers have always been Stark or independently funded and yes that means volunteers, think about there isn't an Avengers level event every day or even every month so it is just them "assembling" up when needed.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In fairness, that's a draw back of shared canon. All tension disappears if he can call up Pepper and say "Hey, can you spot me a million?"
    Yeah it is pretty weird and ironic that this and Spider-Man: Far From Home are happening round about the same time.

Still loving the nice slower paced character development of this first episode with both characters, coupled with the introduction of both Flag Smasher and US Agent. The cameo with Batroc from Winter Soldier was also a great addition, as was including Rhodes. Hopefully the show can (subtly) show up both the far left via Flag Smasher and the far right via US Agent to good effect (probably before revealing that both are being controlled by Zemo or someone else).