Page 42 of 145 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't think Marvel has been the world outside our windows for a long time
    It never has been that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    This version of Isaiah Bradley got the serum after Steve or before like the comics? I've seen people talking about as if he got his after Steve. I assumed he was still the lab rat but they brought up Korea because that's when him and Bucky met. Not when he became a super Solider.
    In the comics he got it after Steve as well.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    It never has been that lol.

In the comics he got it after Steve as well.
    Ah your right Isaiah was the lab rat for the knock off serum they tried to make after Eskrine. Which is preferable, I don't see Eskrine as depicted in the MCU experimenting on black people before giving Steve the serum.

Think Eli already has powers or something gonna happen and he's gonna need blood transfusion in the near future?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The MCU is not prepared for Omega-Level telepaths.

I think the only major non-Mutant telepath is Moondragon, and who knows if she's ever going to show up.
    You wouldn't even need Omega level. A regular telepath would be bad enough.

Mentallo was created by Shield, he would have been perfect

They should be decently ready for a telepath , They have Wanda who was mind whammy them in Age of Ultron. The Avengers should have some sort of contingency against mind control because of her now but anyways I am pretty sure MCU is going to water down telepaths.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-31-2021 at 04:52 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They should be decently ready for a telepath , They have Wanda who was mind whammy them in Age of Ultron. The Avengers should have some sort of contingency against mind control because of her now but anyways I am pretty sure MCU is going to water down telepaths.
    Idk, don't a lot of people complain about tp being OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Think Eli already has powers or something gonna happen and he's gonna need blood transfusion in the near future?
    I'd prefer if he already has them, since I doubt they'll be doing Josiah (who inherits them directly from Isaiah if memory serves), and the steroid/drug addict thing with Eli always rubbed me the wrong way. Not that they'd have to necessarily go in that direction for him to need a blood transfusion.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Boisterously Confused

Doesn't Dr Strange sort of have telepathy?
    Originally, Dr. Strange absolutely had telepathy. Even Ditko seemed to back off that as time passed. We haven't seen it at all in MCU Dr. Strange.
    Idk, don't a lot of people complain about tp being OP?
    IMO, it would all come down to the execution. If you portray a FoX-Men Professor X, who can flash freeze entire museums of people with no apparent effort, then, yeah.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Originally, Dr. Strange absolutely had telepathy. Even Ditko seemed to back off that as time passed. We haven't seen it at all in MCU Dr. Strange.
    IMO, it would all come down to the execution. If you portray a FoX-Men Professor X, who can flash freeze entire museums of people with no apparent effort, then, yeah.
    Isn't astral projection a form of telepathy anyway? I never understood them as entirely separate powers.

As for being OP, some complain about it and others complain about nerfing. To some extent I've complained about MCU characters getting nerfed within movies. So yeah, I agree it's about the execution. I want them to at least be consistent

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Considering how powerless SWORD was against Wanda, it doesn't seem like they have anything that can counter her ability to control people.

You'd think they would have had contingencies in place after what Loki did, but I don't think they've ever been able to develop the tech.

Ultimate Member

Couldn't Hulk block tp in the comics at one point?

Boisterously Confused

Isn't astral projection a form of telepathy anyway? I never understood them as entirely separate powers...
    In my head-canon, I've generally conceptualized astral projection as a combination of clairvoyance and telepathy requiring complete - almost comatose - concentration. Pretty early on, however, the comics began treating it as something different, and TOHOMU canonized it as detaching an ethereal part of the self from the body.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    In my head-canon, I've generally conceptualized astral projection as a combination of clairvoyance and telepathy requiring complete - almost comatose - concentration. Pretty early on, however, the comics began treating it as something different, and TOHOMU canonized it as detaching an ethereal part of the self from the body.
    I see. I assumed the ethereal/astral plane is where tp takes place. I have to go back and read more Dr. Strange!

Astonishing Member

Considering how powerless SWORD was against Wanda, it doesn't seem like they have anything that can counter her ability to control people.

You'd think they would have had contingencies in place after what Loki did, but I don't think they've ever been able to develop the tech.

Honestly with SHEILD or SWORD you can pretty much head cannon anything to stop any super powered person. Some super tech that dampens powers. They do it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Honestly with SHEILD or SWORD you can pretty much head cannon anything to stop any super powered person. Some super tech that dampens powers. They do it all the time.
    The Arrowverse has Meta-Cuffs that negate Metahuman powers. I don't know if we've seen that in the MCU but I assume The Raft is able to somehow negate powers to some extent otherwise Wanda would've broken out (or they sedated her).

Astonishing Member

The Arrowverse has Meta-Cuffs that negate Metahuman powers. I don't know if we've seen that in the MCU but I assume The Raft is able to somehow negate powers to some extent otherwise Wanda would've broken out (or they sedated her).
    Yea, I am not sure if they have used dampeners in the MCU but its not something they can't do. Someone comes up with something and bam.