Page 46 of 145 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Even without the romantic angle I think Natasha pretty much played the role one would've expected Agent 13 to in a Cap movie rather than Black Widow. It worked in context but it sidelined Sharon in a way that hurt her character when there just wasn't enough time for her in Civil War with everything else going on. Because Natasha was still more prominent than Sharon was.

And then they just have Steve go back to Peggy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even without the romantic angle I think Natasha pretty much played the role one would've expected Agent 13 to in a Cap movie rather than Black Widow. It worked in context but it sidelined Sharon in a way that hurt her character when there just wasn't enough time for her in Civil War with everything else going on. Because Natasha was still more prominent than Sharon was.

And then they just have Steve go back to Peggy.
    I'll still never like that ending!

BW and Cap aren't really that close in the comics from what I know

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    BW and Cap aren't really that close in the comics from what I know
    Oh, they're close. Since back in WWII (Widow's been alive a lot longer in the comics). It's where she first met him and Wolverine.

Astonishing Member

This show can get real choppy at times. Was that Agent 13 who was the sniper and saved them from that meeting?

Ultimate Member

Oh, they're close. Since back in WWII (Widow's been alive a lot longer in the comics). It's where she first met him and Wolverine.
    Haha, maybe I missed that. Most comics I've read, he seems to be closer to Falcon, WS, IM or even US Agent.

Extraordinary Member

In the 90's Avengers comics, she's actually thought that it was odd that her and Cap never ended up together since they have that in common.

That was before the retconned her relationship with Winter Soldier into her backstory.

Black Widow backstory is a mess and seems to get rewritten every 3 years or so.

Last I checked the Nat we know is but the latest in a series of clones (wtf? I hope that was reconned).

Bruhl was a great choice for Zemo. Thunderbolts is going to be great.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    In the 90's Avengers comics, she's actually thought that it was odd that her and Cap never ended up together since they have that in common.

That was before the retconned her relationship with Winter Soldier into her backstory.

Black Widow backstory is a mess and seems to get rewritten every 3 years or so.

Last I checked the Nat we know is but the latest in a series of clones (wtf? I hope that was reconned).
    I've never super been into her, but I recall something about clones in the last few years. I need to check it out

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Bruhl was a great choice for Zemo. Thunderbolts is going to be great.
    You think they'll use existing villains or introduce other villains in upcoming movies and shows

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    You think they'll use existing villains or introduce other villains in upcoming movies and shows
    Well, they don't have a lot of surviving villains available to use but they might do a mix of what's left and introducing the classic T-Bolts to build up the roster.

Ultimate Member

Well, they don't have a lot of surviving villains available to use but they might do a mix of what's left and introducing the classic T-Bolts to build up the roster.
    If they go with the first version, then maybe Beetle in Armor Wars, Moonstone in CM2, Atlas in Quantumania, and Songbird in BP2?

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    This show can get real choppy at times. Was that Agent 13 who was the sniper and saved them from that meeting?
    I think Sharon mentions they were being framed for killing that lady. Suggesting it wasn't her. I'd have to rewatch it but I pretty sure they spelled out it wasn't her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think Sharon mentions they were being framed for killing that lady. Suggesting it wasn't her. I'd have to rewatch it but I pretty sure they spelled out it wasn't her.

Yea same here. I was confused to say the least.

Love how brazen they are about the retcon - “btw I’m a baron. This old dude is my butler and here’s my private jet.” Sure, the guy’s a psycho and killed T’Chaka, but now he’s dancing.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Love how brazen they are about the retcon - “btw I’m a baron. This old dude is my butler and here’s my private jet.” Sure, the guy’s a psycho and killed T’Chaka, but now he’s dancing.
    Of the two characterizations I find the latest more interesting and when in doubt I say go with which ever is more enjoyable.