Page 49 of 145 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Just saying it’s funny how brazenly they’re doing the bad-guy-works-with-the-good-guys-and-now-he’s-kinda-likeable trope to get the character where they want him. I don’t mind, it’s fun, and who cares he killed T’Chaka? T’Chaka was a chump who let a ton of vibranium get away that was nearly used to end the world by a cheeky robot.

That said, Zemo should probably have just got the old dude to fly him to Siberia instead of taking all those civil flights via Moscow.
    I think Wakanda cares

Just saying it’s funny how brazenly they’re doing the bad-guy-works-with-the-good-guys-and-now-he’s-kinda-likeable trope to get the character where they want him. I don’t mind, it’s fun, and who cares he killed T’Chaka? T’Chaka was a chump who let a ton of vibranium get away that was nearly used to end the world by a cheeky robot.

That said, Zemo should probably have just got the old dude to fly him to Siberia instead of taking all those civil flights via Moscow.
    Probably lulling everyone into a false sense of security before Zemo betrays them all.

Boisterously Confused

...Zemo should probably have just got the old dude to fly him to Siberia instead of taking all those civil flights via Moscow.
    That's a fair point. Pure speculation on my part, but maybe he wanted Cap and Iron Man to be able to follow his trail without making it too easy?

Extraordinary Member

Here’s a query I have that I don’t think people have thought about too much: what’s the shows endpoint for Bucky?

We know Sam’s is Captain America II. We can be fairly certain that Walker’s is USAgent. Zemo is alread changed to being Baron Zemo; whether he has any Thunderbolts future or a tombstone instead is debatable.

Is Bucky going to completely and finally relinquish the Winter Soldier moniker, or keep it going ahead? The show is portraying him as be given therapy designed to separate The Winter Soldier from Bucky... but comic properties have had character embrace their darker times as parts of their identities before, and Bucky clearly wasn’t following his rules even before the show started.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Here’s a query I have that I don’t think people have thought about too much: what’s the shows endpoint for Bucky?

We know Sam’s is Captain America II. We can be fairly certain that Walker’s is USAgent. Zemo is alread changed to being Baron Zemo; whether he has any Thunderbolts future or a tombstone instead is debatable.

Is Bucky going to completely and finally relinquish the Winter Soldier moniker, or keep it going ahead? The show is portraying him as be given therapy designed to separate The Winter Soldier from Bucky... but comic properties have had character embrace their darker times as parts of their identities before, and Bucky clearly wasn’t following his rules even before the show started.
    I think there was a rumor that Bucky goes Nomad...but people will probably still call him Winter Soldier.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there was a rumor that Bucky goes Nomad...but people will probably still call him Winter Soldier.
    Nomad would be a good clean break, especially if he prefers to avoid settling down/retiring in America. But there’s a part of me that wonders if Disney/Marvel might value the Winter Soldier IP enough to want it to remain Bucky’s main alias.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Nomad would be a good clean break, especially if he prefers to avoid settling down/retiring in America. But there’s a part of me that wonders if Disney/Marvel might value the Winter Soldier IP enough to want it to remain Bucky’s main alias.
    I mean, I think Winter Soldier is more likely to stay with Bucky no matter what they do one way or another.

It's not like White Wolf really caught on.

Mighty Member

I've been thinking about a scene from the trailers that we haven't seen yet, and my suspicion is that he'll stay the Winter Soldier, but get a more Captain America themed outfit. And we'll end up with Falcon and Bucky sharing the legacy, in some respects. I don't think they'll go so far as to call them both Captain America (the Captains America, I suppose). I think that will be reserved for Sam. But I do think Bucky will be honoring Steve in some way, however it goes. Maybe even going so far as to go back to the "Bucky" ID that he's never really used in the MCU, so that we get a proper Captain America and Bucky team. But Winter Soldier is such a good codename for him, regardless of the outfit, I can't see them ditching it. Though I have been wrong before.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, I think Winter Soldier is more likely to stay with Bucky no matter what they do one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I've been thinking about a scene from the trailers that we haven't seen yet, and my suspicion is that he'll stay the Winter Soldier, but get a more Captain America themed outfit. And we'll end up with Falcon and Bucky sharing the legacy, in some respects. I don't think they'll go so far as to call them both Captain America (the Captains America, I suppose). I think that will be reserved for Sam. But I do think Bucky will be honoring Steve in some way, however it goes. Maybe even going so far as to go back to the "Bucky" ID that he's never really used in the MCU, so that we get a proper Captain America and Bucky team. But Winter Soldier is such a good codename for him, regardless of the outfit, I can't see them ditching it. Though I have been wrong before.
    One thing about Bucky in this last episode that struck me was that, as much as he still is clearly traumatized by his time as the Winter Soldier under Hydra, he still seems far more at home in the underworld and in making more risky, pragmatic decisions than Steve or Sam.

I really wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves most of the iconography and inspirational duties exclusively to Sam, and simply prefers to atone for his past in the most direct way he knows how. He feels like he’s align more with the Black Widows in that respect than with Captain America.

Obviously they knew what they were doing putting Winter Soldier in the title because that's what Bucky's most recognizable codename name is.

Like Steve technically wasn't Cap in Infinity War, the Russo's felt he was Nomad, but everyone still thought of him as Captain America.
    One thing about Bucky in this last episode that struck me was that, as much as he still is clearly traumatized by his time as the Winter Soldier under Hydra, he still seems far more at home in the underworld and in making more risky, pragmatic decisions than Steve or Sam.

I really wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves most of the iconography and inspirational duties exclusively to Sam, and simply prefers to atone for his past in the most direct way he knows how. He feels like he’s align more with the Black Widows in that respect than with Captain America.
    Comic Bucky definitely felt more at home in the covert, cloak and dagger, black ops stuff after he left the Cap identity.

It's why he and Widow worked so well together.

I see him working for the government with Sam and just accepting he was the Winter Soldier. He would try and redeem the name by making amends and living a better life.

Extraordinary Member

Obviously they knew what they were doing putting Winter Soldier in the title because that's what Bucky's most recognizable codename name is.

Like Steve technically wasn't Cap in Infinity War, the Russo's felt he was Nomad, but everyone still thought of him as Captain America.

Comic Bucky definitely felt more at home in the covert, cloak and dagger, black ops stuff after he left the Cap identity.

It's why he and Widow worked so well together.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I see him working for the government with Sam and just accepting he was the Winter Soldier. He would try and redeem the name by making amends and living a better life.
    That’s what I think would make the most sense; I’m half convinced that he already has some kind of Winter Soldier-esque cunning plan for Zemo’s inevitable betrayal to cement his new MO going forward, and that of, say, Yelena survives the Black Widow movie, they may end up allied together at some point.

Mighty Member

Frankly I think White Wolf is the next stage for him.....perhaps operating as an international agent of Wakanda or field ops liason between the US and Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Frankly I think White Wolf is the next stage for him.....perhaps operating as an international agent of Wakanda or field ops liason between the US and Wakanda.
    I think Bucky is gonna end up running the Thuderbolts, while Cap(sam) restarts the Avengers. That's my guess.

Ultimate Member

I just hope this series doesn't end with them on the run. Marvel always seems to put their characters on a shelf after use.